Goodreads Feedback discussion

Suggestions & Questions > Incorrect Author

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Honeythief (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:28AM) (new)

Honeythief | 3 comments The author of Finn Family Moomintroll (http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/70...) is incorrectly listed as Elizabeth Portch, whereas it's actually written by Tove Jansson and translated by Portch. :)

message 2: by Otis, Chief Goodreader (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:29AM) (new)

Otis Chandler | 4184 comments Mod
Hi Honeythief,

Sorry about that! Most of our data comes from Amazon, and even they aren't perfect :)

We've made you a Librarian so you can fix it. Just click 'edit data' on the book page, and change the 'author name' field.

cheers,

Otis

message 3: by Honeythief (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:29AM) (new)

Honeythief | 3 comments Hey Otis :)

No worries about the mistake. I'm far from perfect, so I think I can cut Amazon some slack... just this once. *g*

And many thanks for making me a Librarian. :) I promise I'll try to do as little harm as is humanly possible with my new 'superpowers'. ;)

Cheers,

ht

*heads off to edit the author*

ETA: So much for my 'Hippocratic Oath'.

I've managed to successfully amend the info in the author field, but in the process it would appear that I've also inadvertently 'broken' the page for the book. *doh* The title is listed in search pages and bookshelves, but when trying to open the main page for the book I now get this error message:

"Page unavailable

An unexpected error occurred. We are working on a solution, please check back soon!"

message 4: by Otis, Chief Goodreader (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:29AM) (new)

Otis Chandler | 4184 comments Mod
Hi Honeythief,

Sorry about that, you fell victim to a rare bug, which we will try to figure out now! All is fixed now however.

message 5: by Honeythief (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:29AM) (new)

Honeythief | 3 comments *breathes sigh of relief*

Thanks Otis. :)