YA LGBT Books discussion

Daniel A. Kaine
This topic is about Daniel A. Kaine
Self-Promotion > Daniel A. Kaine

Comments (showing 1-19 of 19) (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Daniel (last edited Dec 02, 2012 04:48PM) (new)

Daniel Kaine (DanielAKaine) | 20 comments Hi everyone! Some of you may know me from over in the M/M romance group.

I'm here to announce that I've finished the first draft of my Young Adult novel, 'Dispossessed' (working title). I'm currently slogging through a round of edits before sending it off to betas. But in the meantime, if you wanna know what it's about, why not check out the excerpt over on my Facebook page?

http://www.facebook.com/notes/daniel-...

message 2: by Kaje (new)

Kaje Harper | 14387 comments Hi Daniel - welcome!! I'm betting you write great YA. Looking forward to it. (BTW our "Introduce yourself" thread is trapped in the current Goodreads swamp of lost threads, but when that resolves you should stop by and say hi.)

message 3: by Daniel (new)

Daniel Kaine (DanielAKaine) | 20 comments Well, it's gotten a great reaction so far. Would love to see how younger readers respond to it. There is a little bit of violence, the odd bit of cussing, and general making out, but no sex.

message 4: by Lissa (new)

Lissa (parisbvamp) | 64 comments Looks good.

message 5: by Daniel (new)

Daniel Kaine (DanielAKaine) | 20 comments Thanks, Lissa :)

message 6: by Byron (new)

Byron (byft) | 1060 comments Waiting with baited breath for the final product before I indulge... :) otherwise I'll be making a nuisance of myself every time you post... :)

message 7: by Daniel (new)

Daniel Kaine (DanielAKaine) | 20 comments Booo, you're no fun, Byron :P

message 8: by Byron (new)

Byron (byft) | 1060 comments Oh I know!!! I'm old and boring.. trust me.. hehehe

If you want annoying I can be. I make a two year old look at peace with the world when I go all want it, want it now..NO I want it RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 9: by Rach. (last edited Dec 06, 2012 01:40AM) (new)

Rach. S | 1728 comments And then he'll get his hand smacked and get a growling for taking over whole threads and posting massive big signs :P haha *whispers* such a pest! ;)

Thanks for the excerpt link Daniel. Heading over there now :)

message 10: by Daniel (new)

Daniel Kaine (DanielAKaine) | 20 comments Oh, I know all about being annoying, Byron. Trust me, I have perfected that art :P

message 11: by Daniel (last edited Jun 29, 2013 06:16AM) (new)

Daniel Kaine (DanielAKaine) | 20 comments Just revealed the cover for 'No Angel', which will be out with Dreamspinner Press later this year. Expected release Sept-Oct. And the best part is it's totally suitable for young adults.

Born with a birth defect called Devil Syndrome, it is impossible for Josh Harper to hide the two small stumps of hornlike bone atop his head. If people also knew about his ability to create force fields with his mind, they’d lock him up for sure. Left to fend for himself on his eighteenth birthday, Josh tries to make it on the streets. When he’s attacked, he’s rescued by Sam Mitchell, who has an equally strange power—and a set of pure white wings.

Sam ran away from home a year ago, and the new life he’s built for himself includes living in an abandoned house and looking after three younger kids, all with Devil Syndrome. Then along comes Josh. After a rough start their relationship grows and the two young men find a haven in each other’s arms. But when tragedy strikes their newfound family, Sam’s hatred of regular humans spirals out of control, and Josh will have to make Sam see sense before everything he’s worked so hard to build is destroyed.

Edit: Now with book link No Angel by Daniel A. Kaine

message 12: by Tammy K. (new)

Tammy K. (Rambles_of_a_reader) Daniel wrote: "Just revealed the cover for 'No Angel', which will be out with Dreamspinner Press later this year. Expected release Sept-Oct. And the best part is it's totally suitable for young adults.

Born wi..."

Ok, now that one has me very interested!

message 13: by Sammy Goode (new)

Sammy Goode | 5302 comments Daniel wrote: "Just revealed the cover for 'No Angel', which will be out with Dreamspinner Press later this year. Expected release Sept-Oct. And the best part is it's totally suitable for young adults.

Born wi..."

Wonderful!!!

message 14: by Daniel (new)

Daniel Kaine (DanielAKaine) | 20 comments 'No Angel' is now on the coming soon page at Dreamspinner Press. Check it out, and don't forget you can pre-order :P

http://www.dreamspinnerpress.com/stor...

message 15: by Gabby (new)

Gabby | 166 comments Is No Angel the new title from Dispossessed? Or are you releasing another one?? Just curious :) I added No Angel to my to-read list!!

message 16: by Sammy Goode (new)

Sammy Goode | 5302 comments WOOT!!!!

message 17: by Daniel (new)

Daniel Kaine (DanielAKaine) | 20 comments It's the same story, Gabby. Ended up being renamed when I submitted it to Dreamspinner.

message 18: by Kaje (new)

Kaje Harper | 14387 comments Congrats Daniel

message 19: by Daniel (new)

Daniel Kaine (DanielAKaine) | 20 comments Just wanted to announce that a portion of all royalties from 'No Angel' will be going to help homeless LGBT youths. You can read the full details at my blog http://danielakaineblog.blogspot.co.u...