Aussie Readers discussion

Archives > Bugs?

Comments (showing 1-23 of 23) (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Kelly (Diva Booknerd) (divabooknerd) | 40 comments Wasn't sure where to post this, but quite a few front page topics I've clicked on, all show up as blank with the message:

Page Not Found

The page you requested doesn't exist. Please check the url again, or visit the home page.

For example A random topic and it seems to be only with the Aussie Readers group. Is anyone else having an issues?

message 2: by Paul (new)

Paul Yes, me too. Not all the time, and it seems to go away after a while, but it also happens to me.

message 3: by Michael (new)

Michael (MichaelSwensson) | 10897 comments Kelly and Paul this has been an ongoing problem with many GR groups. GR staff are aware of the problem but I would't think things will be fixed till later today as it is still the weekend in the US.

message 4: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

Brenda | 58867 comments Mod
I posted an announcement about this over the weekend in the chat thread, but possibly you were unable to access it...

It's actually affecting GR world wide, so they have been working on it as a priority.

message 5: by Michael (new)

Michael (MichaelSwensson) | 10897 comments Updates for this issue can be found here. :)

http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/1...

Kelly (Diva Booknerd) (divabooknerd) | 40 comments Thanks Michael & Brenda. Most of the posts I can't access, so assumed that it might have been just me. Not that I have anything remotely interesting or intelligent to say really, just like a sticky beak.

Good luck finding those jingle bells Smilie by GreenSmilies.com

message 7: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

It's fun 'lurking' isn't it Kelly...and extremely frustrating when you can't ;P

message 8: by Tango (new)

Tango | 290 comments I had this happen on the weekend and this page just suddenly got really small as I am typing.

Kelly (Diva Booknerd) (divabooknerd) | 40 comments 'Lurking', sounds fun, and perhaps slightly perverted Smilie by GreenSmilies.com LOL

message 10: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

Tango wrote: "I had this happen on the weekend and this page just suddenly got really small as I am typing."

OMG!! That happened to me about a week ago Tango! I thought I was going nuts!! I had to adjust the zoom before it was ok again!

message 11: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

Kelly wrote: "'Lurking', sounds fun, and perhaps slightly perverted LOL"

Hahaha!!!

message 12: by Ian (new)

Ian Stewart (goodreadercomIanStewart) | 213 comments That's a relief. I have been puzzling whether it was something to do with my computer. But it was random, so I began to think it must Goodreads. Some sites on Aussie Readers and some elsewhere. Now I know I am not alone!:-)

message 13: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

You definitely are not alone Ian!! It is the most frustrating bug yet....hopefully it will be a thing of the past very soon!

message 14: by Ian (new)

Ian Stewart (goodreadercomIanStewart) | 213 comments Brenda wrote: "You definitely are not alone Ian!! It is the most frustrating bug yet....hopefully it will be a thing of the past very soon!"

Thanks, Brenda.

message 15: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

It appears to be fixed:) GR staff updated the thread in Feedback to let everyone know it should be fixed, that it was caused 'by the way deleted members were handled within the system'... Yay!!

message 16: by Lynxie (new)

Lynxie | 680 comments Has anyone else noticed of late that books/reviews are going missing from your profile??

Perhaps it's just me, but a review of a book I read in January just popped up on my thread because I added it to another shelf, (which is fine) but my review was missing and all my other shelving tags.

Strange

message 17: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

Did you go to the Feedback group Lynxie? There are SO many bugs in GR at the moment, I'd say that's probably one! http://www.goodreads.com/group/show/1...

If you can't find a thread for it, just start a new one and ask your question...there's bound to be someone else with the same/similar problem! Good luck...

message 18: by Lynxie (new)

Lynxie | 680 comments I did, I posted on another thread about a missing book from shelves...

Also the stats are way out! I'm apparently Top Reviewer #9 for australia this month with a whopping 43 reviews... um... wrong!

It's totally awesome that GR thinks I can read and review that many books in a month, I'm not sure if my boss would like that though. I'd have to start reading while at work, or forgo sleeping :P

message 19: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

I know (not about you of course) but that's been out for a LONG time!!! Heaps of people have complained about that issue. That's what I mean about bugs, they're everywhere (I even got locked out of GR this morning..clicked on my name, it said 'join Goodreads and learn more about Brenda'...lol

message 20: by Lynxie (new)

Lynxie | 680 comments Hmm, brings a whole new meaning to self-insight doesn't it :)

message 21: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

Hahaha!!!! It's extremely frustrating that there are so many things wrong so much of the time!!!

message 22: by Lynxie (new)

Lynxie | 680 comments Some things bug me more than others, for the most part the 'general' bugs don't phase me, but disappearing reviews is an issue!

message 23: by Michael (new)

Michael (MichaelSwensson) | 10897 comments Just another day at GR. :/