The Pen Is Mightier Than The Sword discussion

Writing > Writing Preview

Comments (showing 1-25 of 25) (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten Milliron (KMilliron) Is it cool if I post previews to my writing in the group? I'd like some feedback regarding a project I've started. I'm not yet sure if I'm going to link it from elsewhere, or just type it here.

message 2: by Kggelen (new)

Kggelen Awesomeness (Katie77777) | 532 comments Mod
That's cool.

message 3: by Kirsten (last edited Dec 08, 2012 06:41AM) (new)

Kirsten Milliron (KMilliron) Awesome.
I've just the introduction posted. Will add more eventually.
It can be found here on WattPad.

Thanks to anyone who leaves thoughts.

ETA: Fixed the link!

message 4: by Ole (new)

Ole (OleGu) | 12 comments Kirsten wrote: "Awesome.

Thanks to anyone who leaves thoughts."

That was actually really good. Can`t wait for the rest.. Only thing I noticed was the part "There was also s stove for cooking.." you have to fix that typoo

You`re a good writer - and I really liked the consept of personifying sins as demons.. (If I understood it right..)

message 5: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten Milliron (KMilliron) >.< It was A stove, but I rearranged the sentence like two seconds ago and must have made that typo. Thanks for the catch :D

And yeah, Sin demons! I wanted it to be Celtic styled fairy tale meets the messed-up-ness of Pan's Labyrinth. I have up to chapter six done, just haven't posted them yet. Still guarding them.

Thanks, Ole!

message 6: by Dragovak (new)

Dragovak | 4 comments It's so awesome ! I can't wait until the rest is up !!

message 7: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten Milliron (KMilliron) Thanks, Dragovak! Not sure what my updating schedule would be, if there even is one, but I'll be sure to let you all know :D

message 8: by Ole (last edited Dec 02, 2012 03:42PM) (new)

Ole (OleGu) | 12 comments Awesome! Keep writing, and keep sharing your writings..

We need more /everyday\ magic in our lives..

message 9: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten Milliron (KMilliron) This actually isn't my usual genre. I prefer horror, hence there being some horror aspects. This is my first fantasy work.

message 10: by Kggelen (new)

I'll check out yours if you check out mine! I'll post the link in a few seconds...

message 11: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten Milliron (KMilliron) Done deal!

message 12: by Kggelen (new)

http://figment.com/books/474416-Siste...
You only have to read the first chapter. Thank you!

message 13: by Ole (new)

Ole (OleGu) | 12 comments Kirsten wrote: "This actually isn't my usual genre. I prefer horror, hence there being some horror aspects. This is my first fantasy work."

I guessed. Saw you have read a lot of Stephen King`s books.. He is a terrific writer.

Just a tip for further reading, if haven`t checked it out yet - King has written the greates book about writing stories, ever created in the history of literature..

On Writing

message 14: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten Milliron (KMilliron) Ole wrote: "Kirsten wrote: "This actually isn't my usual genre. I prefer horror, hence there being some horror aspects. This is my first fantasy work."

I guessed. Saw you have read a lot of Stephen King`s boo..."

I've been meaning to read some of his stuff. We were given handouts with his advice on it in my creative writing class back in high school. Good stuff.

message 15: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten Milliron (KMilliron) Kggelen wrote: "http://figment.com/books/474416-Siste...
You only have to read the first chapter. Thank you!"

I'm assuming the chapter after the introductory note?

message 16: by Kggelen (new)

Wow, please continue writing! I love the descriptions, I love the idea, and I love the writing style! It gives you enough information so as not to be confused, yet it also leaves you yearning for more! Awesome job!

message 17: by Kggelen (new)

Yes!

message 18: by Ole (new)

Ole (OleGu) | 12 comments Kirsten wrote: I've been meaning to read some of his stuff. We were given handouts with his advice on it in my creative writing class back in high school. Good stuff. "

Really great - but the book is also highly amusing. Well worth the read - Stephen is King!

I just remembered - I also wrote a horror story a while back - check it out if you want to:

Violet

message 19: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten Milliron (KMilliron) Kggelen wrote: "Yes!"

I'm not done, but I need to take a break to grab some grub really quick. I'm at the part where Syke is in her grove. So far the one thing you could look at is paragraph structuring. Just separate the blocks in the right spots to make it easier to digest, especially when introducing many characters, species, and ideas.

Lemme read a bit further and I'll give you some more insight.

message 20: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten Milliron (KMilliron) Ole wrote: "Kirsten wrote: I've been meaning to read some of his stuff. We were given handouts with his advice on it in my creative writing class back in high school. Good stuff. "

Really great - but the book..."

XD Haven't read it yet, but the name has me laughing. My friend has a book of the same name. She's more authorish than I am. Thought it was a funny coincidence. I'll check it out.

message 21: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten Milliron (KMilliron) Kggelen wrote: "Yes!"

Finished. Other than adding a few passive details, and working on the paragraph thing, it's a great concept :D But, for people like me who don't normally read these kinda stories, you may want to have some sort of description of the structure of things, such as which species is what, what do they look like, who rules what, etc. It'll have keep everything organized.

Keep it up!

message 22: by Ole (new)

Ole (OleGu) | 12 comments Kirsten wrote: " XD Haven't read it yet, but the name has me laughing. My friend has a book of the same name. She's more authorish than I am. Thought it was a funny coincidence. I'll check it out. "

Awesome! ^^)

message 23: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten Milliron (KMilliron) If the introduction interests you, I think I'm ready for the first five chapters to be BETA-read, if any one is interested. Just message me your email and preferred file format. Please and thank you!

message 24: by Amna (new)

Amna Kirsten wrote: "Awesome.

Thanks to anyone who leaves thoughts.

ETA: Fixed the link!"

That is really good!!! specially the poem! i really like it!! please continue!

message 25: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten Milliron (KMilliron) Amna wrote: "That is really good!!! specially the poem! i really like it!! please continue! "
Thanks! I'm at seven chapters so far. I'm not sure if I'm going to set up a schedule or not, or even how much of the book I am going to post. Haven't decided yet.