Christian Fiction Bloggers discussion

A Tailor-Made Bride
This topic is about A Tailor-Made Bride
Archived Buddy Reads > ❀Caitlyn and Melanie❀ A Tailor-Made Bride by Karen Witemeyer

Comments (showing 1-25 of 25) (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Megan, ☘ If there's a key, then there has to be a lock ☘ (new) - rated it 4 stars

Megan (Celtic_Girl) | 5605 comments Mod
❀Caitlyn and Melanie❀ A Tailor-Made Bride by Karen Witemeyer

Caitlyn Santi | 780 comments Hi Melanie. Just wanted to let you know that I have finished chapter 17 (Once I got started, I couldn't stop!) I know you haven't started the book yet, which is perfectly fine, no worries! :) I am in no rush, I just wanted to let you know! :D

message 3: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (new) - rated it 5 stars

Melanie (LoveBeingVegan) | 7710 comments Mod
So glad it's good! I plan on finishing up a review book tonight, then starting this book. :) Hoping to have the first half finished by Wednesday.

message 4: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (new) - rated it 5 stars

I just finished the first half - took me a little longer than I had expected (busy week).

I'm loving this book! I couldn't believe the way Nan talked to Victoria, but I liked how Victoria held her ground and didn't let Nan intimidate her or anything.

It was so neat how Victoria gave Hannah the deed to the shop. I didn't expect that to be her bonus, so it was a nice surprise. :)

I absolutely loved when Delia told Hannah J.T.'s name and when Hannah actually called him Jericho - I just couldn't help laughing! His reaction was priceless! :)

Caitlyn Santi | 780 comments No problem! :)

I'm loving it too! I know, it was unbelievable! I was glad of that too!

I loved that too!

Oh, me too! I was laughing so hard by the end of that scene that I ended up with tears in my eyes! ;D It was so fun and I absolutely loved that Delia was there to witness Hannah call him Jericho!!! :)

I love Hannah's spunky feistiness, and how she is also humble and has a true heart for God!

Louisa is really cool! I loved when she came up with the idea for Hannah to make bread cloths out of her fabric scraps, to give away!

I like Tom a lot, I especially love all of his names for J.T's wagons!
The thought just crossed my mind, Tom reminds me a little bit of Jackson from Stealing The Preacher!

I love how protective J.T. is of Delia, but at the same time it would be nice if he would realize that she is a grown woman, and he needs to cut down on the smothering a bit, but I know he just does it out of love and I'm sure he will figure it out! :)

message 6: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (new) - rated it 5 stars

I also love that! :)

She is! I loved that too!

I love his names for J.T.'s wagons too! He seems like a nice character. :) I didn't think about that, but you're right! He reminds me a little of Jackson too!

Completely agree!

It was so cool how Hannah's actions led Ezra to clean up and start living again. I loved how J.T. didn't recognize Ezra right away and that he was kind of jealous because he thought Hannah had a beau.

Do you think J.T. will be able to buy Louisa's building from the landlord? I'm thinking yes...

Caitlyn Santi | 780 comments That was cool! I loved it when he got jealous too!

Yeah I think he will too, I love him for wanting to buy it!!! :)

I loved the scene where Hannah falls through the rotten stair! It made me laugh when she asked J.T. if he would be willing to catch her! :) Her spunk and humor really helped smooth out an awkward situation! :)

What did you think of the way Hannah color coded her trunks, so that she would know which ones belonged in the dress shop and likewise in her apartment? I loved it, it was really smart of her! :)

One of my favorite characters so far is Delia! I just absolutely love her, she is such a wonderful friend to Hannah, I love how their personalities sorta balance each other out!!! :)

The scenes where Hannah is reading her Bible and praying are some of my absolute favorites in this book so far! I find myself really relating to Hannah's words! :)

I understand J.T's reasoning (Because of the result of his Mother's vanity) but I can't wait for him to realize how foolish he is being, judging Hannah the way he is! I think that will be an awesome scene!!! :)

message 8: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (new) - rated it 5 stars

Oh, I loved that scene too! It was humorous when she asked that. :)

I thought that was so clever! What an easy way to know which trunk went where.

She's one of my favorite characters too! I'm hoping Ike notices her soon and they start courting. :)

I agree - I loved those scenes too.

Yeah, I understand his reasoning too. I also think that's going to be an awesome scene! :D

I can't believe the way J.T.'s mother just left her family! What a horrible thing to do!

I feel bad for Hannah and how she will miss the birth of her sister's child. That would be a really hard thing to miss.

I thought it was really nice of Ezra to give Hannah that bench in exchange for cocoa every morning.

The story Hannah told about the incident with her sister and the quilt was really interesting. I loved how Hannah looked back and realized she was also to blame for what had happened back then.

Caitlyn Santi | 780 comments Completely agree! What she did was unbelievable.

Yeah, I feel bad for her too!

That was cool!

I liked the story about the quilt too!

I loved J.T's reaction to watching Hannah help the blacksmith hang her dress shop sign! So fun! :)

It was awesome when Hannah made the dolls for Tessa and Mollie!
I love how she is teaching Tessa to sew, what a great example of helping people to help themselves, rather than forcing charity on them! That is a lesson that I know I will remember for a long time! :D

message 10: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (new) - rated it 5 stars

That was great! I also loved how he was surprised that Hannah was able to put the shelves up herself and didn't need his help!

That was very nice of her! I love that she is teaching Tessa to sew too.

I can't think of anything else to discuss...what about you?

message 11: by Caitlyn (last edited Jul 05, 2013 04:37PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Caitlyn Santi | 780 comments Oh, yeah I forgot about the shelves! I loved that too! So awesome!!! :)

Nope, I'm out of things too! :)

Ready to read the rest? I'm so excited to see what happens in the second half! :D

message 12: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ready! I'm really excited too! I should have it finished sometime this weekend. :D

message 13: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (new) - rated it 5 stars

I just finished this book. So good! :) Ready to discuss whenever you are - no rush. :)

Caitlyn Santi | 780 comments :) I'm about 70% done, so I should have it finished by tomorrow!
Can't wait to discuss!!! :)

Caitlyn Santi | 780 comments I'm done! All I can say is WOW! :)
I don't think I'm going to be online much tonight, but feel free to start the discussion if you want! :D

message 16: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (new) - rated it 5 stars

Okay. :)

Well, I loved the way Delia challenged J.T. to read Proverbs 31 and his reaction to what he read!

It was so sweet of J.T. to fix those chairs and give them (secretly) to Hannah. I also loved all of J.T.'s gifts to her. *Smiling*

I can't believe the way Warren acted! Once it was mentioned that Hannah's shop was vandalized, I just knew he was behind it, but I was kind of surprised when he attacked her outside Delia's home.

I loved the way J.T. strove so hard to win the race once he knew Hannah was watching! The way he and Tom won was kind of funny, too - by a nose! ;)

message 17: by Caitlyn (last edited Jul 07, 2013 12:30PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Caitlyn Santi | 780 comments Sorry it's taken me so long to reply, busy day!!! :)

I absolutely loved that too! That was one of my most favorite scenes in the whole book!!!

That was sweet! All of his gifts made me smile too! :)

I know! When Delia said that Warren had accepted her refusal and wouldn't do anything more, I had a feeling he would do something, but I couldn't believe what he did! Yeah that surprised me too!

Loved that! Yeah that was funny!!! :)

The deal that Mr Paxton worked out with the owner of Louisa's building was genius, loved it!!! :)

J.T. and Ike's man-to-man talk was a really cool scene! I loved what J.T. said!

Wow, that flash flood scene was really intense! The first time Hannah crossed the bridge, I had a feeling that something bad would happen on her way back, but I wasn't sure what exactly would happen. But, boy did that scene get my adrenaline pumping! I loved it!!! :)

J.T's conditions for Hannah to be allowed to call him Jericho were so cute! I loved his easy going, almost nonchalant way of proposing, that was so fun, and SO him!!! :D

message 18: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (new) - rated it 5 stars

I agree! That was a brilliant deal! :D

I loved that scene!

It was! I was really nervous when she crossed the bridge (both times), but I did not see the flash flood coming (I had thought the bridge might collapse or something). So glad J.T. ended up rescuing her in time!

They were cute! I absolutely LOVED that scene! :)

I wish it would have been said if Delia and Ike get engaged. I know it's pretty much implied, but I'd still like to know for sure.

I loved, loved, LOVED how J.T. secretly cleaned up Hannah's shop for her. That scene where she catches him in the act was just SO great! :D

Caitlyn Santi | 780 comments I had the same thought about the bridge collapsing! So the flood totally surprised me too!!! :)

You took the words right out of my mouth :) I wish that too! It was kinda funny, when I reached the last page and it wasn't confirmed whether they were engaged or not, my first thought was that I needed to download Delia and Ike's follow up book immediately, even though I KNOW perfectly well that there isn't one! LOL! :D

Oh, that was so awesome! I loved it too!!! The vision of him tangled up in pink fabric was so humorous, I couldn't help laughing! :)

It was so sweet of Hannah to make that kite out of the purple silk Tessa loved! Just this moment I realized that maybe the fact that it was purple silk is significant, like perhaps it was based on that verse from Proverbs 31! It almost feels like it was further confirmation to J.T. of how backward he had been in his opinion of Hannah, at least to me anyway. :D

It was funny when Hannah told J.T. that the hole jumped up and grabbed her shoe! I loved it when J.T. plunked her down on the tree branch and told her to stay put, her reaction was priceless! :)

message 20: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (new) - rated it 5 stars

I know! I couldn't help laughing too! :)

That was sweet! You know, I didn't even realize that, but it's so cool how the fabric she used was purple silk! It does feel like it was further confirmation to J.T.

Ditto what you said! :D

I loved the scene at church where Hannah has J.T. go outside with her just so Delia and Ike can continue talking without interruption.

It was cool how when Hannah couldn't think of a way to decide which child should fly the kite first she asked J.T. if he had any suggestions.

message 21: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (new) - rated it 5 stars

Guess what I just found out! There's a deleted scene/epilogue for A Tailor-Made Bride on Karen's website!!! I just read it and it was fantastic! Here's the link if you want to check it out: http://www.karenwitemeyer.com/epilogu...

message 22: by Caitlyn (last edited Jul 10, 2013 04:27PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Caitlyn Santi | 780 comments So sorry It's taken me so long to reply, the last two days have been crazy busy! :D

That was cool! :)

I loved how Ezra gave Hannah his wife's needle holder! That was so sweet of him! :)

Thank you so much for the link! I completely agree, it was amazing! When Hannah and J.T. mentioned Megiddo, and how she had only agreed not to name their sons after Canaanite cities, I just knew it would be a girl and they would name her Meg! :)

message 23: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (new) - rated it 5 stars

I loved that too!

You're welcome! I'm so glad someone told me about it and sent me the link, otherwise I probably wouldn't have found it myself. :-)

I loved when Hannah said that! It made me laugh. :) I didn't expect them to call her Meg, but it is a cute name. :)

Well, I can't think of anything else to discuss. You?

Caitlyn Santi | 780 comments Nope, I can't think of anything else either! :)
I had a great time buddy reading this one with you! :D

Are you ready to read The Frontiersman's Daughter?
Halves would be chapters 1-35 and then 36-Epilogue :D

message 25: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (new) - rated it 5 stars

I had a lot of fun buddy reading this book with you, too! :)

Yep. Super excited about this book - Laura Frantz is definitely one of my favorite authors. :)