Nora Roberts Groupies discussion

Archive > 2013 Book Release Schedule

Comments (showing 1-45 of 45) (45 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jonetta (last edited Dec 02, 2012 04:00PM) (new)

Jonetta (Ejaygirl) | 4125 comments Mod
Nora's announced a new romantic suspense for 2013 called Whiskey Beach Whiskey Beach by Nora Roberts. It is scheduled for release on April 16.

She's also starting a new series (to be named) but the first book, Dark Witch is scheduled for release in November.

message 2: by Nicole R (new)

Nicole R (DrNicoleR) | 131 comments I just saw this today and I have to admit, I am a bit sad that I have to wait until November for the first book of her new trilogy :(

I am excited for any new Nora that I get throughout the year but will definitely have to supplement my 2013 readings with some rereads....most likely starting with Black Hills.

message 3: by Jonetta (new)

I should have made it clearer that Whiskey Beach is being released on April 16, 2013! It's a standalone.

message 4: by Nicole R (new)

Nicole R (DrNicoleR) | 131 comments I am definitely looking forward to Whiskey Beach as well! I was just expecting book one of her new trilogy to come out in May-ish like in 2012.

I'm just spoiled and would like a new Nora every month! Lol

message 5: by LRM (new)

LRM | 24 comments This is good news, but there are others I have yet to read,too :)

message 6: by Jonetta (new)

Nicole, I completely understand. I only discovered Nora about two years ago so I've still got much of her bibliography to get through.

message 7: by Nicole R (new)

Nicole R (DrNicoleR) | 131 comments Jonetta, have fun reading more of her work! While I generally enjoy everything she writes, I definitely have my favorites. :) I think I have read Midnight Bayou three or four times now!

I started reading Nora about 15 years ago and, in that time, I have read all of her books published since she left Silhouette!

I think I'm on book 13 of the In Death series so this would be a good time to read a couple more of those....

message 8: by Jonetta (new)

Now THAT series I've read three times:)

message 9: by Talya (last edited Dec 03, 2012 06:39AM) (new)

Talya | 668 comments Mod
Thanks Jonetta!
Also a little note, Nora's agent Laura mentioned on Nora's Facebook page that the next trilogy will feature Ireland, Witches and Magic! So looking forward to these.

Here's a link to her 2013 Schedule as well:

http://www.noraroberts.com/images/NRM...

message 10: by Nicole R (new)

Nicole R (DrNicoleR) | 131 comments Jonetta wrote: "Now THAT series I've read three times:)"

I was a late comer to the In Death series but I really enjoy them! I read maybe 3 or 4 a year and each time is like a little visit with friends. In fact, I feel like it is about time to fit in a new one :)

message 11: by Dena (new)

Dena (auntiedena72) | 18 comments Can't wait for Whiskey Beach! Too bad we have to wait a while for her new series though. I just love books that take place in Ireland. Though I love all her books my fave series I think is the Irish trilogy (the Gallagers of Ardmore. :)

message 12: by Jonetta (new)

That's my most favorite, too! I still love Aiden.

message 13: by Talya (last edited Dec 03, 2012 02:31PM) (new)

Talya | 668 comments Mod
Oh, my favorite Irish Nora character ever is Shawn, just made my heart melt. Though I do also have a soft spot for Murphy in the Born In series.

message 14: by Djenii (new)

Djenii (BookQueeen) | 5 comments Cannot wait for Whiskey Beach;)

To bad we got wait untill November for the new trilogy.. At lest its worth the wait!

I've read all of Nora Roberts books so far.

message 15: by Ren (new)

Ren (RenPuspita) | 9 comments The next trilogy will called The Cousins O' Dwyer trilogy! :)

message 16: by Jonetta (new)

Thanks, Ren!

message 17: by Valen (new)

Valen (VlnVldz) | 6 comments Whiskey Beach!! :D

message 18: by Djenii (new)

Djenii (BookQueeen) | 5 comments :D

message 19: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 30 comments Oooooh, looking forward to Whiskey Beach ;)

message 20: by Talya (new)

Talya | 668 comments Mod
So excited! I' m especially excited about returning to Ireland and paranormal for the O'Dwyer trilogy. Will do my best to keep you all posted on release dates :-D

message 21: by Kerri (new)

Kerri Levine | 96 comments Is there any info available about Whiskey Beach yet? Count me among the disappointed that the new trilogy won't be available until fall :( Then if they release #2 six months later...:( That's the thing I don't like about Nora's trilogies, and no, I can't wait until the last one is released to buy them all, if a Nora is out, I HAVE to read it! (as soon as I can, anyway)

message 22: by Talya (last edited Jan 22, 2013 11:40AM) (new)

Talya | 668 comments Mod
I totally know what you mean Kerri. I cannot wait for all three in a trilogy to be released to start, I rush to get each as soon as they're released, and suffer in anticipation for the next book 6 months or so later.
I discovered Nora in 2008, and have finished all of her mass market titles, and am going to work on her silhouette classics from the 80's.

Here's a description of Whiskey Beach from Amazon's Nora page to whet your appetites, enjoy:

Whiskey Beach, release date April 16, 2013:

For more than three hundred years, Bluff House has sat above Whiskey Beach, guarding its shore—and its secrets. But to Eli Landon, it’s home…

A Boston lawyer, Eli has weathered an intense year of public scrutiny and police investigations after being accused of—but never arrested for—the murder of his soon-to-be-ex wife.

He finds sanctuary at Bluff House, even though his beloved grandmother is in Boston recuperating from a nasty fall. Abra Walsh is always there, though. Whiskey Beach’s resident housekeeper, yoga instructor, jewelry maker, and massage therapist, Abra is a woman of many talents—including helping Eli take control of his life and clear his name. But as they become entangled in each other, they find themselves caught in a net that stretches back for centuries—one that has ensnared a man intent on reaping the rewards of destroying Eli Landon once and for all…

To reiterate, according to Nora's agent Laura, the Cousins O'Dwyer will be Nora's first paranormal trilogy since Sign of Seven's completion back in 2008, it will be a return to Ireland as well, with witches, curses and magic (or magick), and book 1 will be titled Dark Witch.

message 23: by SANDRA (new)

SANDRA (smilleysandy) | 16 comments I am in the same boat as you ladies.. I love me Nora. And I hate to wait for any of her books. I could read one by her any once a month and be happy. I can't wait for the new Trilogy!! how wonderful she is going back to Ireland and its awesome magic... Can not Wait!!!!

message 24: by Kerri (new)

Kerri Levine | 96 comments Thanks for that recap, Talya. I should have thought to look it up, myself :)

It's always good to know I'm not alone in my suffering. But, Sandra, how do we get through 10 months waiting for this new trilogy???

message 25: by Talya (new)

Talya | 668 comments Mod
@Sandra, I know! I didn't realize how long it's been since there's been paranormal or Ireland from Nora, two of my favorite genres from her.

@Kerri, no worries at all! That's what I'm here for :-)

message 26: by SANDRA (new)

SANDRA (smilleysandy) | 16 comments Kerri by doing a Nora throwback read a thon!!! lol Wouldn't that be fun?

message 27: by SANDRA (new)

SANDRA (smilleysandy) | 16 comments @Talya - it has been so long. I keep looking at the seven trilogy and wishing there were more books of them so I can continue the series.. Hmm mb we should do the Sign of Seven as re-read this month. I think Ima go look for them to just that. I have missed Nora.

message 28: by Talya (new)

Talya | 668 comments Mod
Haha, Sands, it's funny, Sign of Seven wasn't really my cup of tea (demon stuff), but Kesha is leading a re-read BOTM discussion about it, feel free to jump in the discussion if you re-read. My personal favorite is the sweet Fox O'Dell.

message 29: by SANDRA (new)

SANDRA (smilleysandy) | 16 comments @Talya yea I saw that after I wrote it. lol.

message 30: by Kerri (new)

Kerri Levine | 96 comments I agree, re-reading is the only answer :)

message 31: by Talya (last edited Jan 22, 2013 01:08PM) (new)

Talya | 668 comments Mod
And thanks to Jonetta, for providing the GR link to Whiskey Beach (earlier in the thread) as well!
Be sure to add it to your tbr people!

message 32: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (tweeti) | 32 comments Jonetta wrote: "Nora's announced a new romantic suspense for 2013 called Whiskey BeachWhiskey Beach by Nora Roberts. It is scheduled for release on April 16.

She's also starting a new series (to be named) bu..."

I already have it pre-ordered!! I can hardly wait!!!

message 33: by Karen (new)

Karen Cox | 14 comments Can't wait for the new trilogy!!

message 34: by Talya (new)

Talya | 668 comments Mod
Here's also a link to receive a free fridge magnet with Nora's and J.D. Robb 2013 schedule, check it out!

http://noraroberts.com/freebies/frees...

message 35: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 30 comments So, from what I'm gathering Whiskey Beach is the first in a trilogy ? If so, I'll make sure not to read it until all three are out (can never wait months to see what happens !) Is Sign of Seven Trilogy good ? I was thinking of either that or Inn Boonsboro...any recommendations ?

message 36: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany (tiffanyfaber) | 1 comments Whiskey Beach is a stand alone.

I like the Sign of Seven trilogy and just re-read it recently :) I wasn't crazy about the Inn Boonsboro books though--first of Nora's trilogies that i haven't loved.

message 37: by Gina (new)

Gina  | 40 comments I'm always excited when Nora puts out a new books. I love the Sign of Seven Trilogy and the Gallaghers of Ardmore / Irish Trilogy. I haven't read all of her books except for the In Death series. Whiskey Beach and Dark Witch both sound good. I can't wait to read them.

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

I've read just about everything Roberts has written. The Chesapeake Bay saga, The Three Sisters Island Trilogy and the In the Garden trilogy were probably my fave non-JD Robb books. I really enjoyed the Inn stories (although my cravings for pizza and beer were off the charts). Huh Vera? The Inn was more lighthearted and romantic to me than the Seven. I liked the Seven and it was difficult to put down. Very meaty, I'd say

message 39: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 30 comments Thanks for the input. I'll give the Seven Trilogy a try next. I'm reading Gabriel's Angel by NR and so far , its really good !

message 40: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (mblisa) | 78 comments Im looking forward to Whiskey Beach! =)

message 41: by Talya (last edited Apr 02, 2013 08:48AM) (new)

Talya | 668 comments Mod
Just a heads up all, the paperback edition of The Witness by Nora Roberts is on sale today!

Also, there is a release event and Nora book signing for Whiskey Beach at Turn the Page this Saturday 4/6! Unfortunately, I won't be able to attend, but if any of you do, let Nora and her agent Laura know you're a groupie! :-p
Here's more info:
http://ttpbooks.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?...

Also, here's some really good news, your first look at book one in the next trilogy coming out in November, Dark Witch, enoy! I'll also keep you all up to date with Whiskey Beach and Cousins O'Dwyer trilogy news as I find out!
http://www.amazon.com/Dark-Witch-Cous...

message 42: by Nicole R (new)

Nicole R (DrNicoleR) | 131 comments I just finished Whiskey Beach - I went to her book signing on Saturday and got an advanced copy. It is definitely worth the wait and you should plan on blocking off a lot of reading time because it is hard to put down!

If interested, you can read my review here: http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/...

message 43: by Talya (new)

Talya | 668 comments Mod
That's fantastic, thanks Nichole!

message 44: by Sheery (new)

Sheery (wwwgoodreadscomprofilesheery) | 589 comments Mod
Nicole wrote: "I just finished Whiskey Beach - I went to her book signing on Saturday and got an advanced copy. It is definitely worth the wait and you should plan on blocking off a lot of reading time because it..."

Thanks Nicole! I am so excited to read this one.

message 45: by Sheery (new)

Sheery (wwwgoodreadscomprofilesheery) | 589 comments Mod
The cover for 'Dark Witch' is gorgeous! It's perfect for a book being released right after Halloween. :)