Paranormal Romance and Urban Fantasy Addicts discussion

Jeaniene Frost
This topic is about Jeaniene Frost
Series Discussions > Nigh Huntress World - Jeaniene Frost

Comments (showing 1-20 of 20) (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Shera (Book Whispers) (SheraBookWhispers) | 2535 comments This is the official thread for the Nigh Huntress World books by Jeaniene Frost.

First Drop of Crimson is our read for December 2012

Spoilers
Remember to utilize the (view spoiler) tags so that you don't spoil anything for any other readers. Check out the "some html is ok" options on goodreads for details or ask! We've even got a special thread for more details.

First Drop of Crimson (Night Huntress World, #1) by Jeaniene Frost

message 2: by Tasha (new)

Tasha Turner (TashaTurner) | 41 comments What a fun read. I found this a great introduction to her writing.

Shera (Book Whispers) (SheraBookWhispers) | 2535 comments That's good. I'm wondering if I need to get caught up on the Night Huntress books before I read this one?

Alana ~ The Book Pimp (LoonyAlana) | 97 comments If you are already familiar with Night Huntress, it's best to be up to date (as long as you are still reading them in overall order- Frost's website has the overall order.)

There are things that happen in the shorts and the World of NightHuntress that really help the entire story of the series as a whole

Shera (Book Whispers) (SheraBookWhispers) | 2535 comments I'll have to check out her list and see if I can jump in on this one. I've been meaning to do a reread/catch up on NH anyway.

message 6: by Tasha (new)

Tasha Turner (TashaTurner) | 41 comments I had not read her other books although I had read a few stories in anthologies. I don't think you need to read the others to read this.

message 7: by Marcia (new)

Marcia Thom | 3 comments I'm downloading it now. This will be the first of her books I read.

Shera (Book Whispers) (SheraBookWhispers) | 2535 comments Looking forward to your reaction!

message 9: by Brianna (new)

Brianna | 43 comments I've been putting off reading this one, since I'm not a fan of paranormal romance, in general. Is this one in first person like her others, or third with alternating PoV's?

I've read the first Night Prince book, as well as the first five Night Huntress books, so any input on this book from NH readers is going to help me decide on this one.

message 10: by Traci (new)

Traci (texasbibliomaniacs) Night Huntress series are some of my favourites. This is a great spin-off from the series. I enjoyed this one featuring that oh-so-dashing Spade and his blooming relationship. Jeannine Frost does a spectacular job of drawing her audience into Kat & Crispin's relationship as well as extending that addiction delving into the lives of their friends. This book gives more insight into the dynamics and relationships of their closet friends.

message 11: by Traci (new)

Traci (texasbibliomaniacs) Night Huntress series are some of my favourites. This is a great spin-off from the series. I enjoyed this one featuring that oh-so-dashing Spade and his blooming relationship. Jeannine Frost does a spectacular job of drawing her audience into Kat & Crispin's relationship as well as extending that addiction delving into the lives of their friends. This book gives more insight into the dynamics and relationships of their closet friends.

message 12: by Tasha (new)

Tasha Turner (TashaTurner) | 41 comments After reading this and Eternal Kiss of Darkness I am now searching local libraries for her other books she has drawn me into her world.

message 13: by Jensine (last edited Jan 13, 2013 08:09PM) (new)

Jensine (JJ1982) | 11 comments COMPLETED
Nigh Huntress World - Jeaniene Frost
December 2012
Finished :) Loved, loved, loved it! I didn't realize this was a spin-off of the first series as I've only read the first one, but still had a great time reading this one.

message 14: by Tasha (new)

Tasha Turner (TashaTurner) | 41 comments Having read a couple others I can see why she warns about spoilers if you don't read the books in order. I've never minded that but I've now read 3 books in the world she created and was going "oh this is the event they were talking about".

message 15: by ~Anita~ (new)

~Anita~ | 6 comments I haven't read the other books. It was good. It wasn't only Diane who was frustrated when she was left in the car

message 16: by Marcia (new)

Marcia Thom | 3 comments I don't think I fit in with this group too well. I had never read this author. I was hoping to find a new series. I'm caught up on my favorite authors. Well, except for C. E. Murphy.

Unfortunately, i am having a hard time with this book. I find the main character whiney and very annoying. Sometimes, I'm not in the mood for a book, that I will like at a later time.

Does she grow a lot in the series? She just drives me nuts! Her mental age is young, maybe that's my problem. I loved flawed characters. But they need strength too. This character wallows in her agony. I'm not saying it's an awful book. It just doesn't appeal to me. Since I bought the book, I will try again later. I just can't make myself continue right now. I would be interested in comments about other books in the series. Character growth, writing style, plot line, etc.. If you love the series, fantastic! So many authors and books, so little time! It's amazing how your current mood and mindset can affect what kind of books, music, tv, and movies that you enjoy at any given time. So, happy reading everyone!

message 17: by Tasha (new)

Tasha Turner (TashaTurner) | 41 comments This is a romance spin-off from her main series based on "supporting cast". Cat - the main female in the earlier/main series doesn't seem to whine in the few things I've read with her in it. This book has not been the favorite I've read by this author but I've mostly read her shorts in anthologies and I've really enjoyed those.

message 18: by Marcia (new)

Marcia Thom | 3 comments Thanks, I think I might need to check some of her other work. A little research is in order. :D

message 19: by Priscilla (new)

Priscilla (ppomeroy72) | 362 comments This is the first time I've read her books and I loved it! I will definitely be reading the other books in both the Night Huntress and Night Huntress World Series.

message 20: by Lorelle (new)

Lorelle (Lozza2407) | 46 comments I think its nice to have a break from Cat and Bones as the main characters. The storyline threaded through this was more intriguing imo than anything past book 3 with Night Huntress series :)

Paranormal Romance and Urban Fantasy Addicts

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

First Drop of Crimson (other topics)