What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Secret of Dragonhome (Dragonhome, #1)
This topic is about The Secret of Dragonhome
SOLVED: Children's/YA > Juvenile/YA fiction book about a girl, a widowed king who has visions, and possibly dragons [s]

Comments (showing 1-7 of 7) (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Samantha (new) - added it

Samantha (SamanthaRandolph) | 15 comments I read a book when I was younger (maybe around 5-10 years ago), and I've been trying to find the title of it for months. I only remember that: It was either a juvenile fiction or possibly YA book; the genre is most likely fantasy; I can't remember it's specific time setting if it had one, but it was not modern; a widowed king was one of the main characters, but I don't believe THE main character; I think there were rumors of this king's wife being locked away or something; I think the main character is a girl who might have a brother or some sort of non-romantic male companion; Both her and the male (I really want to say her younger brother)somehow end up at the king's castle. I believe the king could get visions of the future, and I think dragons are involved and the word dragon may be in the title, but not 100% sure on that. Also, the king and the girl have a romance. That's all I remember, but any help would be much appreciated!

Sairah (Sairahb) | 63 comments I'm almost positive you're looking for John Peel's THE SECRET OF DRAGONHOME (sorry for the caps, I'm on a mobile device).

message 3: by Andria (new)

Andria (airdna) | 2030 comments Mod
Here's a link for you: The Secret of Dragonhome

message 4: by Samantha (new) - added it

Samantha (SamanthaRandolph) | 15 comments That's exactly it! Thank you so, so much!

Sairah (Sairahb) | 63 comments Excellent. =D It's a great read, that one, and I'm always surprised by how many requests there always are for it on book search boards like this one. Glad I could help.

message 6: by Samantha (new) - added it

Samantha (SamanthaRandolph) | 15 comments Yes! I've heard there is a sequel to it as well, but there are mixed reviews on it. Have you read it?

Sairah (Sairahb) | 63 comments I've heard there was a sequel in the works. I haven't been on Peel's website in a minute but that was the last I heard.