Fantasy Book Club Series discussion

Winter's Heart (Wheel of Time, #9)
This topic is about Winter's Heart
The Wheel of Time > WINTER'S HEART - Planning to Read? First Impressions? **NO SPOILERS**

Comments (showing 1-9 of 9) (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jon (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jon (jonmoss) | 706 comments I plan to start re-reading Winter's Heart next week, probably Monday over lunch at work. I need to finish New Spring this morning and an audiobook I must return to the library before continuing.

I am looking forward to this book because it has one of the best endings, if I'm remembering correctly, in the entire series.

No spoilers in this thread please.

Suzanne | 212 comments I started the prologue this morning. So far it seems like the prologue could be just another chapter in the book! I'm enjoying the series a lot more because of the group reads. Now I just laugh every time clothing is described in detail =)

I'm glad you said it has a cool ending Jon - I'll look forward to it!

Alex | 104 comments As soon as I finish my current book I'll start this one.

message 4: by Rob (new) - rated it 3 stars

Rob | 38 comments I'm curious to find out how many men in this book have a neatly turned calf. I have no idea what that compliment means but apparently the finest calves in the land are to be found in Jordan's books.

DavidO (DrgnAngl) | 50 comments People's clothes covered their bodies fairly well and all you'd see would be a calf (hands,face, and neck too as well.) So to judge a man's physique looking at the their calf would give you a sense of how muscular they were. At least, so I imagine.

message 6: by Kathi, There’s no such thing as too many books! (new) - rated it 3 stars

Kathi | 405 comments Mod
Taking a short break to spend time with Vlad Taltos before starting this. Soon....

Helen | 767 comments I've started, I'm knee deep in prologue...

message 8: by Jon (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jon (jonmoss) | 706 comments Helen wrote: "I've started, I'm knee deep in prologue..."

Only knee deep ... then you must be just ten pages in. :)

Helen | 767 comments Lol. I'm in real chapters now getting annoyed with Faille.