Teresa Medeiros Fans! discussion

12 views
Monthly Book Reads > Devil in Winter by Lisa Kleypas (December 2012 Book of the Month)

Comments (showing 1-9 of 9) (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ronyell (new)

Ronyell (Rabbitearsblog) | 739 comments Mod
Hello everyone! This month's winner for the December monthly read is Devil in Winter (Wallflowers, #3) by Lisa Kleypas by Lisa Kleypas. Feel free to discuss about what you love or hate about this book!


message 2: by Ronyell (new)

Ronyell (Rabbitearsblog) | 739 comments Mod
I really enjoyed this book! I never would have thought that St. Vincent would become one of my most favorite romance heroes, even after he kidnapped Lillian in the last book It Happened One Autumn. I just loved the romance between him and Evie as Evie made him into a better person and I loved the way that St. Vincent was willing to protect Evie at all times.


message 3: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 590 comments I'm getting ready to re-read this one via audio at the end of December...when winter starts. ☺


message 4: by Kit★ (new)

Kit★ (xkittyxlzt) Read this one last month or the month before or something liked that. I really, really liked it. I was really fond of Evie throughout the series, so I loved seeing her get her well-deserved HEA. And St. Vincent, the way he slowly changed his attitude and ways, seeing him fall for her... it was great! Westcliff's still my favorite, but I highly enjoyed this one as well. Probably second favorite in the series for me :)


message 5: by Ronyell (new)

Ronyell (Rabbitearsblog) | 739 comments Mod
Kit★ wrote: "Read this one last month or the month before or something liked that. I really, really liked it. I was really fond of Evie throughout the series, so I loved seeing her get her well-deserved HEA. An..."

Mine too! I still love Westcliff too!


message 6: by Erin (new)

Erin H It's been a long time since I read this book but what I loved most about it was how opposite Evie and Sebastian were! I couldn't stand him in It Happened One Autumn but he totally redeemed himself by how he treated Evie. I've always liked Evie and she deserved her happy ending!


message 7: by Ronyell (new)

Ronyell (Rabbitearsblog) | 739 comments Mod
Erin wrote: "It's been a long time since I read this book but what I loved most about it was how opposite Evie and Sebastian were! I couldn't stand him in It Happened One Autumn but he totally redeemed himself ..."

I definitely agree! Evie really did deserved this happy ever after!


Carol *Young at Heart Oldie* I read this last year and LK does a brilliant job redeeming the self-centered, heartless, idle, womanizing Sebastian. It was wonderful watching him become a caring, tender, hard-working man, madly in love with his wife.

Evie's sweet and adorable but has an inner strength that's evident when she cares for her dying father and the wounded Sebastian.

I loved Sebastian's description of his usual lovemaking - a blend of technique and choreography - that made me smile especially when he completely loses all self-control on the wedding night!


message 9: by Ronyell (new)

Ronyell (Rabbitearsblog) | 739 comments Mod
Carol wrote: "I read this last year and LK does a brilliant job redeeming the self-centered, heartless, idle, womanizing Sebastian. It was wonderful watching him become a caring, tender, hard-working man, madly ..."

I really loved the maturity of Sebastian too! It was so touching and beautiful seeing him fall in love with Evie! I was practically fanning myself over those scenes!


back to top