Downton Abbey discussion

Welcome!

Comments (showing 1-23 of 23) (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Julie (new)

Julie | 105 comments Mod
Welcome!
Thanks for joining my group! I'm sure we'll have loads of fun!
Where are you from? Why do you love Downton Abbey?
I'm Julie, the moderator, and I've loved Downton Abbey since the day one!

message 2: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn Wilhelm (wilhcarm) My daughter introduced me to Downton and in a few weeks I have caught up and rewatched some episodes. I have only the book about the TV show so far. I am from Minnesota, both the cities and up north at the cabin where we entertain ourselves by reading. I will enjoy learning about the group members.

message 3: by Julie (new)

Julie | 105 comments Mod
Welcome Carolyn! I'm just starting out the group, so I hope other people will join us too! After all, there are thousands of Downton fans in the world!

message 4: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn Wilhelm (wilhcarm) Agree!

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

I reside in Tampa, Florida. I love history, majored in the subject in college and teach the subject, so thus, I love historical pieces whether in literature or film. I absolutely love this series!

message 6: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn Wilhelm (wilhcarm) Julie, where are you?

message 7: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn Wilhelm (wilhcarm) Me, too, Margaret! I am surprised by how much I like it.

message 8: by Julie (last edited Feb 09, 2013 05:53AM) (new)

Julie | 105 comments Mod
I live in Slovakia, a small country in the Middle Europe. It's a really small country, but we do have an amazing nature and mountains.

message 9: by Sara (new)

Sara Rosett | 1 comments Hi, I'm new. I'm so glad I found this group! I'm a latecomer to Downton Abbey. I watched season 1 & 2 on DVD and now I'm caught up on season 3. So glad to have someone to talk about it with! I love the setting of DA and watching the multiple stories. And the clothes. Can't forget the clothes! Seriously, I've always been interested in Edwardian times and love that the series started then.

I live in Florida, stay home with my kids, and write mysteries between carpooling. :)

message 10: by Julie (last edited Feb 18, 2013 12:44PM) (new)

Julie | 105 comments Mod
Welcome, Sara!

message 11: by Dianne (new)

Dianne Hi I am Dianne I live in not so sunny today California.

The time period is what made me fall in love with the show.

I am sitting back and wondering how season 4 is going to go now that Julian Fellowes is working on The Gilded Age for NBC.

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

@ Diana, Have you been able to find anything about the new show, The Gilded Age, I have found nada.

message 13: by Dianne (new)

Dianne This so far
Julian Fellowes: Downton Abbey might have to go on without me
The creator of the ITV period drama has revealed he would stop writing for the show if it clashed with new US project The Gilded Age

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2013-0...

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Dianne wrote: "This so far
The creator of the ITV period drama has revealed he would stop writing for the show if it clashed with new US project The G..."

That is all I've seen as well, guess its just in working stages, was curious to the plot etc.

message 15: by Dianne (new)

Dianne Jennifer wrote: "Dianne wrote: "This so far
The creator of the ITV period drama has revealed he would stop writing for the show if it clashed with new U..."

Me too.
Right now I am waiting until the 31st to see how Mr Selfridge is. TV is looking prwtty grim for me right now.

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Dianne wrote: "Jennifer wrote: "Dianne wrote: "This so far
The creator of the ITV period drama has revealed he would stop writing for the show if it c..."

I was planning on trying that out and am waiting for Call the Midwife Season 2

message 17: by Lucky (new)

Lucky (luckybluestar) Hello! I'm from (chilly and snow-buried) Pennsylvania. I'm hoping to make some friends in the fandom.

I became a fan shortly before S2. There'd been mentions of the show, and I managed to catch a rerun of the S1 season finale. I was hooked ever since. (My mother was hesitant at first, but now she's just as obsessed with Downton as I am.)

message 18: by Dianne (new)

Dianne Jennifer wrote: "Dianne wrote: "Jennifer wrote: "Dianne wrote: "This so far
The creator of the ITV period drama has revealed he would stop writing for t..."

Waiting for that one also. I did a search for period dramas coming to the us and we have a few to look forward to.

AND
Welcome Lucky

message 19: by Lucky (last edited Mar 04, 2013 08:14PM) (new)

Lucky (luckybluestar) AND
Welcome Lucky

Thank you! :)

message 20: by Julie (last edited Mar 12, 2013 02:16PM) (new)

Julie | 105 comments Mod
Welcome Savannah & everyone!
The more the merrier!

message 21: by Anna-Cosette (new)

Anna-Cosette | 5 comments Hi!!
A co worker of my mom gave her season one to watch while she was recovering from her surgery; we watched the first few episodes, then we went out and bought season 2 and three. I love it, but I definitely think season two was the best! I'm learning how to play the theme music on the piano now!

message 22: by Temperance (new)

Temperance Hi Everyone! :)
I'm Temperance and I fell in love with Downton Abbey since the first episode.

message 23: by Julie (new)

Julie | 105 comments Mod
Anna-Cosette & Temperance, welcome!
I like your names:)