Romance Lovers for the Challenge-Impaired discussion

Challenge-Impaired Help > Bronze Horseman or Outlander?

Comments (showing 1-28 of 28) (28 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Donna (new)

Donna Okay, I need expert advice, ladies. I'm trying to decide whether to put Outlander or Bronze Horseman on a 2013 book challenge. I loove time travel, but Outlander puts me off a bit because of the length of the books and the number in the series. I've heard it can be a stand alone tho. I just don't want to be left hanging if I choose not to continue. Also I heard the audio is very good, but my library doesn't have the audio. Anywhere I can download it cheap?

Bronze Horseman is tempting because I've been told it has a very hot hero and I also love a good Russian romance. Send in your votes!

message 2: by CaroB (new)

CaroB (CarobSimms) | 5559 comments Donna, what a choice! Both in my top 5 romances of all time. I think the bronze horseman has a more universal appeal. Good luck!

message 3: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (LadyBeccaBoo) | 230 comments Outlander is FANTASTIC. One of my favorite books of all time. The series is great, but outlander is a good read on its own.

message 4: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 20795 comments A library from a medium to large city near you might have Outlander on audio. You might be able to sign up for a card on-line, or go there and get one on a week-end.

message 5: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 20795 comments It is easy to check their database and see...

message 6: by Susan (susayq ~), Moderator (new)

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 6062 comments I've read Outlander, and loved it. I have no intention of reading the rest of the series and I don't feel that I'm missing anything. I haven't read The Bronze Horseman. It's on my list though :)

message 7: by Donna (new)

Donna Actually I have a library card but my library doesn't have the audio version, which is funny, because oftentimes they have the audio only when I want the Kindle! Anyway, no big deal. All's good. It's nice to know that Outlander is a stand-alone. Who knows? I may want to continue, but I don't want to feel obligated.

message 8: by Catherine (new)

Catherine | 725 comments BOTH!!! I love both series! I am impatiently awaiting the 8th book in the Outlander series...but let me just say...I LOVE both series. I didn't want the Tatiana & Alexander series to end...I hated saying goodby to ALexander! :( as I am sure to hate, even more, to say goodbye to Jamie Fraser! :(

message 9: by Phoenix (Online Elf), Moderator (new)

Phoenix (Online Elf) | 4173 comments Mrs Claus has a special place in her heart for Jamie Fraser.

message 10: by CaroB (new)

CaroB (CarobSimms) | 5559 comments Doesn't everyone, Nick?

message 11: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 20795 comments Oh, you are on a first name basis with Online Elf, CaroB?

message 12: by CaroB (new)

CaroB (CarobSimms) | 5559 comments *winks to Lisa Kay* Only when he's feeling friendly :-D

message 13: by Catherine (last edited Dec 13, 2012 05:02PM) (new)

Catherine | 725 comments hehemmmmm!!!! Mr Elf...you are stiring up trouble!!!

you two...CaroB, Lisa Kay...behave yourselves! :)

message 14: by CaroB (new)

CaroB (CarobSimms) | 5559 comments *pouts*

message 15: by Catherine (new)

Catherine | 725 comments well...you keep telling me off!!!!! you shouldn't pout :) it's not very ladylike! :)

message 16: by Phoenix (Online Elf), Moderator (new)

Phoenix (Online Elf) | 4173 comments I don't know. I like Miss CaroB's full, pouty lower lip.

message 17: by Catherine (new)

Catherine | 725 comments :( you've forgooten all about cute, adorable, cuddley me! :( oh well...c'est la vie! story of my life...getting trampled over by everyone, and getting left by the wayside :(

message 18: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 20795 comments Catherine wrote: ":( you've forgooten all about cute, adorable, cuddley me! :( oh well...c'est la vie! story of my life...getting trampled over by everyone, and getting left by the wayside :("

Aw, Catherine! I think that is just Online Elf's way. He is a bit of a flirt to everyone. Some of the elves more than others. Nicholas appears to be that way. Last year, our Christmas Online Elf was married...so he behaved.

message 19: by Catherine (new)

Catherine | 725 comments :(

well...that's a good thing! I mean...honestly...Elves are not supposed to be naughty or mischievous...that's Leprechauns!! and Faeries!!!!

message 20: by CaroB (last edited Dec 15, 2012 02:48PM) (new)

CaroB (CarobSimms) | 5559 comments lol, that's true! I'd never thought of that!!
*looks around to make sure Nick isn't listening*

...maybe ours isn't really an elf! *gasp!*

message 21: by Catherine (new)

Catherine | 725 comments lol....he's totally forgotten all about me:( it's just not fair! all I want is a man for Christmas!!! that's it! :) is that too much to ask?!?!

message 22: by Catherine (new)

Catherine | 725 comments is the pic of Nick?!?!?! and if so...how did you get it! lol

message 23: by CaroB (new)

CaroB (CarobSimms) | 5559 comments Do you mean the picture on the Do you believe in Santa thread? Nah, I got that from the Discover a New Love website, they've got it available as an ecard and I figured I would share it cos it's a little scrumptious.

Mind you, I'm sure I could have a good hunt around on Pinterest for similar pics and waste a few hours, lol!

I wish I could send you one for Christmas Catherine, but I kinda think most of the ones I know are overrated... lol, I wouldn't do that to you!! Well, that and postage costs from Australia would be phenomenal!

I reckon Nick's pretty busy this time of year, so don't take it personally. He loves us all in his own way but he's pretty cagey :-) Adds to the man-of-mystery persona but very impractical to pin down.

message 24: by CaroB (new)

CaroB (CarobSimms) | 5559 comments Oooh, forgot to mention, I'm re-reading Outlander as my first book of 2013 :-)

I have major crush on Jamie Fraser, even named my son after him :-)

message 25: by Catherine (new)

Catherine | 725 comments CaroB wrote: "Oooh, forgot to mention, I'm re-reading Outlander as my first book of 2013 :-)

I have major crush on Jamie Fraser, even named my son after him :-)"

yeah....Jamie Fraser is HOT!!! :) I cannot wait until the 8th comes out! :)

message 26: by Catherine (new)

Catherine | 725 comments CaroB wrote: "Do you mean the picture on the Do you believe in Santa thread? Nah, I got that from the Discover a New Love website, they've got it available as an ecard and I figured I would share it cos it's a l..."

postage?!?!?! if you are extra nice to your postman...maybe he/she'll pay for your stamps! lol :) just kidding :)

message 27: by Donna (new)

Donna Haa haa! Thanks for your input, ladies. I think I'm probably gonna go with Outlander based on your comments here. It's one I've wanted to read forever anyway, and now I'm dying of curiosity!

Happy holidays everyone and hope all your Christmas dreams come true ;).

message 28: by CaroB (new)

CaroB (CarobSimms) | 5559 comments Have a great Christmas Donna! Enjoy your reading :-)