The Battle of the Labyrinth (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #4) The Battle of the Labyrinth discussion

Do you think it was messed up that...*SPOILERS*

Comments (showing 1-18 of 18) (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Andrea Poseidon told Percy that he was his favorite son? I mean, parents shouldn't have favorites. I don't know if they talk about this later because I only started the fifth book, but this just struck me as odd.

johanna Well, if you read the ancient greek myths and things, you get to realise that the greek gods are kind of messed up. Aren't there like ... quite a few battles and things caused in greek myths because the gods had favourites? They tend to go back on promises and stuff like that.

message 3: by Eml (new) - rated it 5 stars

Eml Considering the kinds of sons Poseidon has, not to mention all of the demi-gods are dead but Percy...I didn't really see it as a problem.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Mythology is like a soap opera to me, thats the best way for me to describe it. They do and say whatever it takes to get what they want.

Andrea Eml wrote: "Considering the kinds of sons Poseidon has, not to mention all of the demi-gods are dead but Percy...I didn't really see it as a problem."

But what about Tyson?

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

And Triton? But yeah, Eml is right, but really, what's wrong with Tyson?

message 7: by Eml (new) - rated it 5 stars

Eml Nothing is wrong with Tyson; he's awesome. I guess I wasn't thinking about him so much as all the other idiots. But, Tyson is really young, so he can't do as much as Percy. He clearly loves the guy, which is something since Cyclops were considered abominations. Tyson is probably his favorite cyclops and Percy is his favorite demigod. It’s different sides of her personality that caused each of them to be born.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Eml wrote: "Considering the kinds of sons Poseidon has, not to mention all of the demi-gods are dead but Percy...I didn't really see it as a problem."

I totally agree because Percy really his only son that is still alive other than Tyson, who isn't really a demi-God.

Leah Percy's like his only human son, really.

Brooklyn Leah wrote: "Percy's like his only human son, really."

I agree. Besides Tyson Percy is his ONLY son really.

message 11: by Sam (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sam A god should not have favourites

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

"You, Percy, are my favourite son."

And now that I think about it, its kinda freaky.
I mean,a super-powerful immortal telling you that your his favourite kid?
I'd be a little scared.
(And I'm not sure why...)

message 13: by Lily (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lily Brooklyn wrote: "Leah wrote: "Percy's like his only human son, really."

I agree. Besides Tyson Percy is his ONLY son really."

Actually Poesidean has many sons. Percy is just his only human son.

message 14: by Eml (new) - rated it 5 stars

Eml Let's be honest people-Percy is freaking awesome. He's everybody's favorite ADHD fighting seaweed brain.

message 15: by Sophia (new) - added it

Sophia Eml wrote: "Considering the kinds of sons Poseidon has, not to mention all of the demi-gods are dead but Percy...I didn't really see it as a problem."
I agree plus Percy is pretty awesome!

Aurora I think that Poseidon was calling Percy his favorite demigod son. But yeah, the gods have always played favorites, so I can see why he might actually mean that about Percy from all of his children.

message 17: by Olivia (new) - added it

Olivia Parsons Well, considering that none of the gods are close to their children anyway (in most cases) I don't think it's that big of a deal, really.

message 18: by Leah (new) - rated it 4 stars

Leah reick Eml wrote: "Let's be honest people-Percy is freaking awesome. He's everybody's favorite ADHD fighting seaweed brain."

i totally agree with that. i really think god's shouldn't play favorites let's face it you put your kids in danger b/c your god and playing favorites just put's them in more danger just saying