Addicted to YA discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Books of the Month > January 2013- Series

Comments (showing 1-50 of 50) (50 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Erika, Dream Thief (last edited Nov 30, 2012 03:48PM) (new)

Erika (livingforthebooks) | 4468 comments Mod
It's time to pick the January books!

This topic is for the series suggestions. Each person can suggest one book for this category.

To suggest a book please put the title and the author. And remember the book must be be YA!

Also a little reminder to everyone. This is not where you vote. This is where you make suggestions for the poll. The poll will probably be up around mid December so about December 15.

Don't forget to suggest something for the single suggestions, random suggestions, and theme suggestions.

The suggestions also can't be something we've already read and they have to be young adult because we are a young adult group! To see what we've read and haven't read go to the Books we've read topic. If you are new I strongly suggest this!

message 2: by Erika, Dream Thief (last edited Dec 15, 2012 04:55PM) (new)

Series Suggestions
The Lost Prince (The Iron Fey Call of the Forgotten, #1) by Julie KagawaThe Lost Prince by Julie Kagawa
The Summer I Turned Pretty (Summer, #1) by Jenny HanThe Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han
Reason to Breathe (Breathing, #1) by Rebecca DonovanReason to Breathe by Rebecca Donovan
Beautiful Creatures (Caster Chronicles, #1) by Kami GarciaBeautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia
Ashfall (Ashfall, #1) by Mike MullinAshfall by Mike Mullin
Possession (Possession, #1) by Elana JohnsonPossession by Elana Johnson
Legacy of Lies & Don't Tell (Dark Secrets, #1-2) by Elizabeth ChandlerLegacy of Lies & Don't Tell by Elizabeth Chandler
Unwind (Unwind, #1) by Neal ShustermanUnwind by Neal Shusterman
Hex Hall (Hex Hall, #1) by Rachel HawkinsHex Hall by Rachel Hawkins
The Fallen Star (Fallen Star, #1) by Jessica SorensenThe Fallen Star by Jessica Sorensen
The Demon King (Seven Realms, #1) by Cinda Williams ChimaThe Demon King by Cinda Williams Chima
Destiny Binds (Timber Wolves Trilogy, #1) by Tammy BlackwellDestiny Binds by Tammy Blackwell
Black Moon (Paige Tailor Series, #1) by Jessica McQuayBlack Moon by Jessica McQuay
Finnikin of the Rock (Lumatere Chronicles #1) by Melina MarchettaFinnikin of the Rock by Melina Marchetta
Angus, Thongs and Full-frontal Snogging (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, #1) by Louise RennisonAngus, Thongs and Full-frontal Snogging by Louise Rennison
Evermore (The Immortals, #1) by Alyson NoelEvermore by Alyson Noel
Book of Shadows (Wicca, #1) by Cate TiernanBook of Shadows by Cate Tiernan
Hex Hall (Hex Hall, #1) by Rachel HawkinsHex Hall by Rachel Hawkins
Marked (Soul Guardians, #1) by Kim RichardsonMarked by Kim Richardson
Georgetown Academy Book One by Alyssa Embree SchwartzGeorgetown Academy: Book One by Alyssa Embree Schwartz
Anna Dressed in Blood (Anna, #1) by Kendare BlakeAnna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake
The Body Finder (The Body Finder, #1) by Kimberly DertingThe Body Finder by Kimberly Derting
Pure (Pure, #1) by Julianna BaggottPure by Julianna Baggott
The Goddess Test (Goddess Test, #1) by Aimee CarterThe Goddess Test by Aimee Carter
Leviathan (Leviathan, #1) by Scott WesterfeldLeviathan by Scott Westerfeld
The Breakaway (The Breakaway, #1) by Michelle Davidson ArgyleThe Breakaway by Michelle Davidson Argyle

message 3: by Erika, Dream Thief (new)

The Lost Prince (The Iron Fey Call of the Forgotten, #1) by Julie KagawaThe Lost Prince by Julie Kagawa

message 4: by Beatrice (new)

message 5: by Amy (new)

Amy The Summer I Turned Pretty I have had this series on my to-read list for some time now. Looks great

message 7: by Nicole Angel (new)

Nicole Angel (angel4autism) Guardian of Vesturon A M Hargove
Snap Michele Drier

message 8: by Chandni (new)

Chandni (decembersdream) Beautiful Creatures (Caster Chronicles, #1) by Kami Garcia Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia

message 9: by Nicole Angel (new)

Nicole Angel (angel4autism) I could go with Beautiful Creatures I just got it from the Library!

message 10: by Mika Mckeena (new)

Mika Mckeena (MikaMckeena) | 7 comments Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia on this
one, good book(S)

message 11: by Sary (new)

message 12: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 56 comments Possession (Possession, #1) by Elana Johnson
Sorta like Matched, but it sounds like it would be better

message 13: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (melanie_yamidnightreads) Sorry if we ave already read this but.. The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1) by Rick Riordan

message 14: by Jay (new)

message 15: by Jada (new)

Jada (JadaAriadne) | 122 comments Samantha wrote: "Possession (Possession, #1) by Elana Johnson
Sorta like Matched, but it sounds like it would be better"

Oh my gosh! I agree with Samantha here. This book sounds great!!!

message 16: by Risa (new)

Risa (bkpcty) | 5 comments Erika wrote: "Series Suggestions
The Summer I Turned Pretty (Summer, #1) by Jenny HanThe Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han"

The Lost Prince definitely

message 17: by Raquel (new)

message 18: by Erika, Dream Thief (new)

Nicole wrote: "Guardian of Vesturon A M Hargove
Snap Michele Drier"

Are those YA books?

message 19: by Erika, Dream Thief (new)

Melanie wrote: "Sorry if we ave already read this but..The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1) by Rick Riordan"

We've already read that so you could suggestion a different book.

message 20: by Ymarteeny (new)

Ymarteeny | 24 comments Legacy of Lies & Don't Tell (Dark Secrets, #1-2) by Elizabeth Chandler
Legacy of Lies - I've heard great things about this

message 21: by Artemisia (new)

Artemisia Sage (bookworm56) | 82 comments beautiful creatures

message 22: by Allison (new)

message 23: by Robin & Fo (new)

Robin & Fo Unwind: Unwind (Unwind, #1) by Neal Shusterman

message 24: by Maybileen (new)

Maybileen Reads | 12 comments beautiful creatures

message 25: by Erika, Dream Thief (new)

Allison wrote: "Finale (Hush, Hush, #4) by Becca Fitzpatrick"

we've already read that

message 26: by Jada (new)

Jada (JadaAriadne) | 122 comments Erika wrote: "Allison wrote: "Finale (Hush, Hush, #4) by Becca Fitzpatrick"

we've already read that"

Yeah, we were reading that literally 2 days ago....

message 27: by Kylee (new)

Kylee Fallen star series

message 28: by Erika, Dream Thief (new)

Kylee wrote: "Fallen star series"

who is the author?

message 29: by Mailu (new)

Mailu Casis (Maiilu13) | 106 comments Hex Hall Rachel Hawkins description

message 30: by Kylee (new)

Kylee fallen star by Jessica sorensen

message 31: by Danielle (new)

Danielle (bookbat) | 5 comments Have you all read The Demon King ?? That whole series? I just finished The Crimson Crown. lovely

message 32: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie | 18 comments I started this series Codex of Alera. The first book is Furies of Calderon by Jim Butcher. IDK if it is considered a YA book though... Im a young adult and I like- does that count?

message 33: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie | 18 comments Oooh Beautiful Creatures :)

message 34: by Erika, Dream Thief (new)

Stephanie wrote: "I started this series Codex of Alera. The first book is Furies of Calderon by Jim Butcher. IDK if it is considered a YA book though... Im a young adult and I like- does that count?"

I think its an Adult book. So could you suggest something else?

message 35: by Emma (last edited Dec 08, 2012 03:04PM) (new)

Emma I really like the Timber Wolves series. I've read the first two Time Mends (Timber Wolves Trilogy, #2) by Tammy Blackwell Destiny Binds (Timber Wolves Trilogy, #1) by Tammy Blackwell and I thought they were great. I'm looking forward to reading book 3 so I am suggesting Fate Succumbs (Timber Wolves Trilogy, #3) by Tammy Blackwell

message 36: by Erika, Dream Thief (new)

Emma wrote: "I really like the Timber Wolves series. I've read the first two Time Mends (Timber Wolves Trilogy, #2) by Tammy BlackwellDestiny Binds (Timber Wolves Trilogy, #1) by Tammy Blackwell and I thought they were great. I'm looking forward to reading book ..."

Since we haven't read the other books I'm going to put down the first one.

message 37: by Emma (new)

Emma Erika wrote: "Emma wrote: "I really like the Timber Wolves series. I've read the first two Time Mends (Timber Wolves Trilogy, #2) by Tammy BlackwellDestiny Binds (Timber Wolves Trilogy, #1) by Tammy Blackwell and I thought they were great. I'm looking forward to ..."

Cool, Erika :-)

message 38: by Jessica (new)

Jessica McQuay (Jessica27) | 7 comments Throwing mine out there again. =) But I also second Beautiful Creatures. It's on my to-read list!

Black Moon by Jessica McQuay
Black Moon (Paige Tailor Series, #1) by Jessica McQuay

Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia
Beautiful Creatures (Caster Chronicles, #1) by Kami Garcia

message 39: by Tina (last edited Dec 10, 2012 06:48PM) (new)

Tina (NutriNut) | 1211 comments Finnikin of the Rock by Melina Marchetta (I know I suggested this a month or two ago, but I honestly think this is a wonderful series by a talented author).
Finnikin of the Rock (Lumatere Chronicles #1) by Melina Marchetta

Angus, Thongs and Full-Frontal Snogging (or any other book in this series) by Louise Rennison
(For some comedic laughs)
Angus, Thongs and Full-frontal Snogging (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, #1) by Louise Rennison

message 40: by Amanda (last edited Dec 12, 2012 11:35AM) (new)

message 41: by Jacqueline (new)

Jacqueline | 94 comments either Beautiful Creatures (Caster Chronicles, #1) by Kami Garcia or Unwind (Unwind, #1) by Neal Shusterman

message 42: by Kaamna (new)

Kaamna Bhojwani-dhawan | 5 comments Seriously fantastic series!
Georgetown Academy Book One by Alyssa Embree Schwartz

Georgetown Academy Book Two by Alyssa Embree Schwartz

message 43: by Ann Marie (last edited Dec 14, 2012 01:22PM) (new)

Ann Marie | 6 comments I'm not sure if this has been read or not, I tried looking but didn't see it, but I suggest Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake.

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/93...

message 44: by Harmony (new)

Harmony | 171 comments The Body Finder Series by Kimberly Derting The Body Finder (The Body Finder, #1) by Kimberly Derting

message 45: by Allie (new)

Allie Sheets Either Divergent by Veronica Roth or Pure by Juliana Baggot

message 46: by Judy (new)

Judy (kjudy77) | 2 comments Please Beautiful Creatures I just bought it and I'm ready to go! :D

message 47: by Haleemah (new)

Haleemah (bookworm_101) | 2943 comments The Goddess Test by Aimee Carter

message 48: by [deleted user] (new)

Leviathan series by Scott Westerfeld. Seriously, they are really good!
Leviathan (Leviathan, #1) by Scott Westerfeld
That is the first one.
Second is Behemoth and then Goliath.

message 49: by Ayla (new)

Ayla | 216 comments starcrossed by josephine angelini

message 50: by Erika, Dream Thief (new)

Ayla wrote: "starcrossed by josephine angelini"
We've read Starcrossed

Allie wrote: "Either Divergent by Veronica Roth or Pure by Juliana Baggot"

We've also read Divergent

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.