City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1) City of Bones discussion

Jamie Campbell Bower as Jace

Comments (showing 1-40 of 40) (40 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

TooManyFeelsToDeal Does anyone else not want this guy to be Jace?

Abby Yeaah, sorta. He doesnt look a thing like how i imagined Jace

Kendyl His accent is nice, I guess, but he isn't at all what I imagined him to look like; none of them do.

Chelsea Denisse I love him as Jace. And even though he's no exactly how I pictured him, come on, be honest, when has an actor in a book to movie adaption ever looked the way we expected? I'm just happy there is a movie. And I love how Jamie acts. So to me I'm happy.

Lauren I NEVER pictured Jace to look like this guy. When I found out he was playing him it really ruined the movie for me. The movie will be really awkward now that Jamie Bower is playing Jace. He is very unattractive to me.

Yasmine I strongly think Alex Pettyfet should have been Jace. Thats how i pictured him and JCB was def not how i pictured him. I was quite disappointed when JCB was cast. Hope he does a good job though...

Breanna I think Alex Pettyfet should play Jace. I mean He Looks JUST LIKE (how i imagined) JACE. Jamie Bower is ok i guess...

Chelsea Denisse The reason Alex Pettyfer didn't play Jace was because he was tired of playing the role of a teenager.

Inday-Elie Jamie seriously should do something about his hair, It's not so Jace-ish...

message 10: by Maya (new) - rated it 5 stars

Maya Jamie might not look like the Jace that everyone wanted, but he sure acts ABSOLUTELY like the Jace we know and love.There is way more to Jace than the fact that he's supposed to be this really hot guy. Jamie is goodlooking, and he's worked really hard ( learned the piano,did his own stunts). Yeah you can still have the Jace you created in your mind, but Jamie is Jace and that's that.

Morgan Kendyl wrote: "His accent is nice, I guess, but he isn't at all what I imagined him to look like; none of them do."

I do love his accent, but that doesn't make up for his looks lol

Morgan All I can think about when I watch the trailer is that Jamie played Caius, an old sparkly bitter vampire. I just can't get over it.

Jordan Morgan wrote: "All I can think about when I watch the trailer is that Jamie played Caius, an old sparkly bitter vampire. I just can't get over it."

But he looks nothing like Caius in this movie! You can't judge him by another movie he did! I think he will be perfect! In the trailer i literally got chills!!

Inday-Elie After watching this interview in youtube, I'm convinced he'll play well as Jace in the movie (minus the hair).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vo9-5J...

Julia As a person who is NOT a fan of Jamie ( In fact I have disliked him until I saw how he acts- he is a GOOD actor) I find him to be perfect for Jace. I saw today Beastly with Alex Pettyfer (He is good looking but his acting does not impress me much) and I thank God he wasnt picked as Jace. He looks nothing like Jace from the books. Jamie does a bit. At least in my opinion.

Jenny I love Jamie as Jace. To be honest, I wasn't too fond of him but he grew on me. And I never actually did picture anyone as Jace. And I actually really dislike it when I still see people want Alex Pettyfer to play Jace. Alex isn't the best actor and Jamie can act better than him, but that's my opinion.

Inday-Elie Jenny wrote: "I love Jamie as Jace. To be honest, I wasn't too fond of him but he grew on me. And I never actually did picture anyone as Jace. And I actually really dislike it when I still see people want Alex P..."

I agree with you Jen, When I saw him on some interviews I was really impressed by his witty humor and confidence. And besides I totally love his accent! hahaha :3

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

The way he acts and speaks is exactly the type of motion and sound I expected Jace to have; however, appearance I did not imagine him to look like that. I guess we just have to wait and see the movie to judge whether or not he is perfect for the role.

Yasmine Wow! it's quite interesting because everyone has a different visual of the characters. I have to say Jace doesnot act,speak and look at all what I imagined... but is suppose i'll get used to it soon.
Can't wait for the movie!

message 20: by Lena (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lena I think Alex Pettyfer would be the best Jace ever!!!!!!

Cassie Lena wrote: "I think Alex Pettyfer would be the best Jace ever!!!!!!"

i agree with you on that!!!

Daisy97 Zajicek Jamie, to me, is not physically attractive. He is skinny, dirty and overall just unappealing. I don't like his hair (I mean, come on, take a shower once in a while!). But I am starting to warm up to him, a bit. Remember the camera adds ten pounds. So, could they have picked better? Yeah. But we just have to live with their casting decision (even though I sort of disagree).

Emily There were so many better choices out there!

Oh and has anyone seen him in twilight? I know they are trying to make him look creepy on purpose because of his character but come on! Plus I've seen him act as the main character (tv show Camelot)- he sucks!

Emily Julia wrote: "As a person who is NOT a fan of Jamie ( In fact I have disliked him until I saw how he acts- he is a GOOD actor) I find him to be perfect for Jace. I saw today Beastly with Alex Pettyfer (He is goo..."

Really? You think HE is a better actor than Alex Pettyfer?

Yasmine Cassie wrote: "Lena wrote: "I think Alex Pettyfer would be the best Jace ever!!!!!!"

i agree with you on that!!!"

soooo yeah i <3 him so much

message 26: by Izia (new) - rated it 3 stars

Izia For me, JCB is perfect for Jace's character. Jamie is a good actor and he's the only one who can pull off a jace "swagger". Alex Pettyfer is really handsome but I doubt he'll do Jace any justice.

Julia Emily wrote: "Julia wrote: "As a person who is NOT a fan of Jamie ( In fact I have disliked him until I saw how he acts- he is a GOOD actor) I find him to be perfect for Jace. I saw today Beastly with Alex Petty..."

I do.

Laura Marsh-clutton Yasmine wrote: "I strongly think Alex Pettyfer should have been Jace. Thats how i pictured him and JCB was def not how i pictured him. I was quite disappointed when JCB was cast. Hope he does a good job though..." Yes i deffinetly have to aggre with you. Apparently Alex turned down the role of Jace!

Jordan Emily wrote: "There were so many better choices out there!

Oh and has anyone seen him in twilight? I know they are trying to make him look creepy on purpose because of his character but come on! Plus I've seen..."

I think he was good in Camelot and I think he will be perfect!

Amanda Emily wrote: "There were so many better choices out there!"

Totally Agree! No! I cant stand him for Jace! How could people possibly pick him!

Margarita HOT!GOOD PICK! ALex Pettyfer can't act!

Ashley I definately think they should have picked someone else. jace is supposto be hot not hideous

message 33: by Megan (last edited Dec 05, 2012 05:06PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Megan Morgan wrote: "All I can think about when I watch the trailer is that Jamie played Caius, an old sparkly bitter vampire. I just can't get over it."

Same, I don't see him as Jace, I can only see him in The Twilight Saga.

And I don't think he is as good looking as I would have liked Jace to be.

message 34: by Sina (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sina I hate that his is going to bee Jace!!! For all the reasons there are !

Anushka Alex Pettyfer he is the perfect Jace!

message 36: by Sina (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sina Anushka wrote: "Alex Pettyfer he is the perfect Jace!"

YEEES!!!

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

ForeverAquarius wrote: "Yeaah, sorta. He doesnt look a thing like how i imagined Jace"

I think the same!

Anushka Didn't you see the official trailer ?

Shannon He's not really how I pictured Jace, but they cast these people based on their acting abilities, not their looks. I would rather have an actor that doesn't look anything like the character as long as he can play the character well than have an actor that looks exactly like the character and can't act! Everyone was complaining about Jennifer Lawrence being cast as Katniss in The Hunger Games, but she turned out to be a great Katniss. We'll just have to wait and see if he makes a good Jace.. :)

Elena Jamie isn't like I imagined Jace, but I think he's good as Jace and he's a good actor. Nobody can be the perfect Jace that a lot of fans imagined. It's impossible!

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

City of Bones (other topics)