Alpha Heroes & Spitfire Heroines discussion

Books we're reading > Watcha readin'??

Comments Showing 1-50 of 604 (604 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 12 13

message 1: by Eastofoz (new)

Eastofoz | 666 comments Mod
I don't know why I didn't add this thread sooner seeing as nearly every group has one and you can find some good recs ;) So what's everyone reading?

I'm reading Heather Graham's Rides a Hero. It's a "nothing exciting" western. Maybe I've read too many of her historicals and they seem to be the same....the jaded reader (lol!)

message 2: by Miss Kim (new)

Miss Kim (thatsmisskimtoyou) A "nothings exciting" western? LOL. I'm reading The Darkest Touch by Jaci Burton. It's the third in her Demon Hunter series. It contains TWO Alpha males. I'm liking it so far. It is pretty steamy too!

message 3: by Carol (new)

Carol (lucky47) | 6 comments I'm reading Untamed by Pamela Clare. My first read by this Author. About a cursed Irish warrior who turns to a Wolf when his passion is at his most intense. Poor baby.lol
Carol

message 4: by new_user (last edited Feb 27, 2009 05:46PM) (new)

new_user Carol, you mean that figuratively, right? I read the first in that series, and I don't remember any werewolves (else I would have continued the series!) LOL.

message 5: by Carol (new)

Carol (lucky47) | 6 comments LOL.o he doesn't turn into a werewolf, but a wolf. I didn't know this was part of a series ". It makes sense because of his Scottish giant of a friend. lol
Caarol L.

message 6: by Auntee (new)

Auntee | 494 comments Are you sure that's "Untamed" by Pamela Clare? Wasn't that about Scottish Morgan MacKinnon fighting during the French and Indian War? Is there another book called "Untamed", maybe by another author?

message 7: by Carol (new)

Carol (lucky47) | 6 comments Oh my God, this is what happens when you read to many books at the same time. lol I am so sorry everybody. Yes you are right Auntee. Morgan's Rangers is the Untamed book by Pamela Clare. I'm talking about "To Tempt The Wolf" by Lois Greiman.
I don't know how that happened. Sorry. :( Thanks Auntee for being on the ball. :)
Carol

message 8: by Auntee (new)

Auntee | 494 comments No problem there Carol, I know where you're coming from!:)

message 9: by Eastofoz (new)

Hey you know what's even "better" (well maybe not better but just as "funny") than mixing up a book you've read with another is BUYING a book you're dying to read but it's the wrong author --similar/same title! I've done that :D I thought I bought a book that everyone was talking about but the one I got was historical fiction (which I don't particularly like to read) instead of historical romance 8) I found out a few months later that I messed up when there was a discussion on the book that sounded nothing at all like the one I bought (lol!)

message 10: by Carol (new)

Carol (lucky47) | 6 comments lol East,
I am guilty of that as well. Sometimes I'll read either the back of the book or right inside the cover and put it down. Then months later I'll say "oh, I read that book already. lol Then I realize, no I didn't.
Carol L.

message 11: by Eastofoz (new)

LOL! LOL! That is a good one Carol ;) Ahhh the stories we avid readers could tell eh (lol!) ;)

message 12: by Eastofoz (new)

I'm reading Roxanne St Claire's Kill Me Twice. Based on the first few pages alone you can tell that Alex takes the "alpha" notion seriously (lol!).

message 13: by Kathrynn (new)

Kathrynn Hot dog! You're giving it a go. Hope you enjoy it, East.

message 14: by Sam8 (new)

Sam8 | 13 comments What's worse is when you have bought a book, taken it home and realized you already bought it and had it on your TBR pile. Which I did with Kinley MacGregor's "Warrior" recently. DOH!

I loved Pamela Clare's Untamed, I read that last week and looking to get the first book in that series.

Right now finishing up "Fire and Ice" by Julie Garwood and also have "Fire and Ice" by Anne Stuart on my TBR file.

message 15: by Eastofoz (new)

LOL Sam --you are in good company :D I have done the ol' double buy too--my sister loves me for it ;)

Stuart's Fire & Ice is a good one :D Good thing she's continuing that series.
[image error]

message 16: by jenjn79 (new)

jenjn79 | 104 comments I hate buying a book I already have...usually happens with books in a series where I can't remember what i have and what I don't. But luckily it only happens with ones I get at thrift stores, so I don't waste much money.

message 17: by Eastofoz (last edited Mar 07, 2009 12:54PM) (new)

Finally finished Roxanne St. Claire's Kill Me Twice and now I'm starting Someone to Watch Over Me by Lisa Kleypas. I've heard lots of good stuff about this series from Kleypas fans :D

Someone to Watch Over Me (Bow Street Runners 1) by Lisa Kleypas

message 18: by Kathrynn (new)

Kathrynn I'm in to "Mercury's War" by Lora Leigh. Already hit the 60 mark and it's not holding my interest. Better pick up PDQ.

message 19: by Nikki ♥ (new)

Nikki ♥ | 97 comments Last night I started The Darkest night by Gena Showalter. So far I like it.

message 20: by Lara (new)

Lara | 2 comments Eastofoz wrote: "Stuart's Fire & Ice is a good one :D Good thing she's continuing that series.
[bc:Fire An..."

So she is going to continue the series? Fire & Ice is not going to be the last one? I hope, I hope, I hope!

message 21: by Eastofoz (new)

Lara if you check out the Romantic Times website in their author videos section there's one about Stuart and she talks about continuing the ICE series. FYI: there are spoilers so heads up :)

message 22: by Lara (new)

Lara | 2 comments Thank you for that information! I will definitely check it out. I absolutely love her Ice series and was afraid Fire & Ice would be her last one since all the major characters have had their books done.

message 23: by Chasidy (new)

Chasidy Im currently reading Seasons of Seductions Vol 3. It's an anthology of erotica and I bought it for a friend. I decided to check it out first before I pass it along to her. The man on the cover sure is Yum but I guess they would have to put a tough looking man on the cover of an erotica book.

message 24: by Eastofoz (new)

If you want an OMG-where-can-I-get-one-of-those alphas pick up a copy of Lisa Marie Rice's Midnight Angel --don't let the crapo cover fool you, this honey will have you melting into a puddle of goo :D

Now I'm reading Kayleigh Jamison's Leading Her to Heaven

Midnight Angel (Midnight Series, #3) by Lisa Marie Rice

Leading Her To Heaven by Kayleigh Jamison

message 25: by Chasidy (last edited Mar 12, 2009 06:14PM) (new)

Chasidy Melting into a puddle of goo? How can I turn that down? I'll check it before I go to my lunch date tomrrow. It better be in-stock.

message 26: by Eastofoz (new)

I've been told that it's not an easy one to find in stores Chasidy. Mine was an Amazon order --or an EC order, now I can't remember 8-)

message 27: by Miss Kim (new)

Miss Kim (thatsmisskimtoyou) I've looked for LMR's midnight series in stores and library and had no luck, either.

message 28: by Auntee (new)

Auntee | 494 comments Nearly impossible to find in stores--either new or used.
East--it was Amazon! lol!

message 29: by Corrine (new)

Corrine (itsactuallycorrine) | 4 comments I've had to order almost every LMR title off Amazon - and some for very high prices. But I have the Midnight trilogy in ebook only, which I regret, because I don't have an e-reader.

message 30: by Eastofoz (new)

Kim I have the Midnight series in ebook form too so if you can't find MA in print and you don't mind reading off a computer (unless you have an ereader) then I can pass it on over if you like :)

message 31: by Kathrynn (new)

Kathrynn Wait! I get (got) my LMR books directly from the publisher: Ellora's Cave.

Even though Amazon was selling one of them used for $35.00 it was at "The Cave" for regular price--new.

Here's the link: LMR books at The Cave

This is one of my favorite series...

message 32: by Miss Kim (new)

Miss Kim (thatsmisskimtoyou) Thanks for the info guys. I dont' have an e-reader yet. I mentinoned to Isys that it would be impossible to read on the computer with my kids around. ha. Wow $35 is high--and for a paperback! I'm going to check out EC...

message 33: by Auntee (new)

Auntee | 494 comments Kim, I just checked, Amazon is selling it new for $14.99 + 3.99 shipping, and there's some used copies out there for less $. And of course if you spend $25, shipping is free.:)

At EC, I think if you spend $35 you get free shipping.:)

message 34: by Julianna (new)

Julianna (authorjuliannad) | 150 comments I guess I totally lucked out. I got the entire Midnight Trilogy for around $10-$12 when EC was having their big pre-Christmas sale, and of course I ordered enough other books to get the free shipping.;-)

message 35: by Eastofoz (new)

I've got myself a beauty of a read: Julie Garwood's The Secret --it just may be a 5 starer :D
The Secret by Julie Garwood

message 36: by Chasidy (last edited Mar 14, 2009 11:43PM) (new)

Chasidy I just checked out PBS(paperbackswap.com) and one of the users had Midnight Angel so I used my credit and it should be on it's way sometimes next week. Thanks for the reccomendation ladies!

message 37: by Eastofoz (new)

Well The Secret turned out to be a good 4.5 stars. With a little more steam it'd have been 5.

Now I'm reading Claiming the Courtesan --Regency Noir it says on the cover; sounds intriguing ;)

Claiming the Courtesan by Anna Campbell

message 38: by Kathrynn (new)

Kathrynn I'm reading "The Darkest Pleasure" by Gena Showalter. It's #3 in the Lords of the Underworld series.

message 39: by Miss Kim (last edited Mar 15, 2009 06:23AM) (new)

Miss Kim (thatsmisskimtoyou) I loved The Secret,East. Garwood isn't very high on the steam factor though. ;)

The Darkest Pleasure was the best of the LOTU books, IMO. I loved the hero. the first two were just 'meh' for me.

message 40: by Kathrynn (new)

Kathrynn Thanks for the info, Kim. So far, worried that it was going to be very painful...pun intended.

message 41: by new_user (new)

new_user Oh, East, I'm so curious to know what you think of Courtesan. Looking forward to your review. :)

message 42: by Eastofoz (new)

I have "The Darkest Pleasure" on TBR but I just can't seem to get through book 2 "The Darkest Kiss" --it's still on standby 8-)

Will keep ya posted on Courtesan new_user :)

message 43: by Eastofoz (last edited Mar 24, 2009 12:19PM) (new)

For those of you looking for the hard to find gamma hero [like Anne Stuart's sinfully evil heroes:] in an amazing story check out Anna Campbelle's "Claiming the Courtesan". What an amazing story that was!

I'm reading another Garwood classic now: Honor's Splendour

Honor's Splendour by Julie Garwood

message 44: by Miss Kim (last edited Mar 17, 2009 05:59AM) (new)

Miss Kim (thatsmisskimtoyou) I loved this one, East. There is a part in the beginning where the heroine warms the guy's feet. That just stayed with me for some reason.

message 45: by Stamatia (new)

Stamatia | 10 comments Tell us what you think of it East. Yes Kim that scene is totally unique

message 46: by Teryl (new)

Teryl I am half way through The Fiery Cross by Diana Gabaldon.

message 47: by Eastofoz (last edited Mar 24, 2009 08:26PM) (new)

Kim, Stamatia, I'm on the fence about Garwood's Honor's Splendour :-( I didn't think it was as good as Ransom or The Secret. I missed her fun word play and I just felt that it was loooong. It never ended. The feet warming scene was interesting--I loved how he told her that he came for her at the beginning and the end. It had some beautiful moments where he helped her appreciate her self-worth but it was just too long. The print size and zero white space on the paper also bugged me, this all added to it's "length". I know she was sheltered and all but I thought she was a bit "dim" at times. Not TSTL just slowish.

Now I'm reading Beth Kery's Wicked Burn
Wicked Burn by Beth Kery

message 48: by Auntee (new)

Auntee | 494 comments Ooh, East, I hope that one doesn't scorch your fingertips!:) And I hope you can tolerate the hero--he might push your buttons a little!:)

message 49: by Eastofoz (new)

LOL! Fingers crossed now Auntee ;)

message 50: by Stamatia (new)

Stamatia | 10 comments East I'm really sorry you didn't enjoy it as much as I expected. It was one of the very first romances I read and I have a soft spot for it. It helped that I read an older edition with decent print. Sorry for leading you down the garden path :(

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 12 13