The Challenge Factory discussion

Obsidian (Lux, #1)
This topic is about Obsidian
2013 ♦Archives Buddy Read ♦ > December: ♥☆♫★ Kathy,bahd gihrl♥★aka Drama Queen & Nanna - Obsidian

Comments (showing 1-50 of 87) (87 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Jenne (new)

Jenne  (JennetheInstigator) | 7444 comments ♥☆♫★ Kathy,bahd gihrl♥★aka Drama Queen & Nanna Obsidian (Lux, #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout by Jennifer L. Armentrout

╰⊱♥⊱╮ღ꧁Kathy,Ahmazing Book Faerie꧂ღ╭⊱♥≺ (mamabear7080) Im first Im first im first imfirst

Waiting on my girl to join me with the happy dance!
We're back!!

Nanna -DD- DAMMIT!!!!! I wanted to be first ;P

Nanna -DD- I've only got 80 pages to go in Graveminder, is it alright if I finish those first?

╰⊱♥⊱╮ღ꧁Kathy,Ahmazing Book Faerie꧂ღ╭⊱♥≺ (mamabear7080) Go for it sweets. Im reading another book too. so were all good atm. LOL I think you've beaten me the last couple of times!!

Nanna -DD- Beaten you in what?? ;P

I just speed read Graveminder, and am now done (have today off). I'm good to go whenever, but I'm, working a lot friday-sunday ;)

╰⊱♥⊱╮ღ꧁Kathy,Ahmazing Book Faerie꧂ღ╭⊱♥≺ (mamabear7080) Hey sweets. Im just off to bed, full day tomorrow (Friday) So we might have to look at Sunday night Monday then, Hows that?

And you;ve beaten me to the start line on our buddy reads the last couple weve done! So i got in first this time!!
Catch up with you tomorrow?

Nanna -DD- Sweet dreams hun ;D

Monday is good for me, no rush ;)

Lol, oh, true. But it's way more fun that way ;P

Nanna -DD- Are you ready? ;)

Nanna -DD- Just finished the first chapter ;) funny how all teen girls we read about are book addicts :P

Hun, what's a vacant doll?? I thought vacant meant 'missing', either really gone or mentally not at home :P

Nanna -DD- I think I'm gonna stop after chapter two today. First chapter was great, but in this chapte I find the protagonist's wording a bit moody, negative, judgemanta. Is that just me? Bugs me a bit.

╰⊱♥⊱╮ღ꧁Kathy,Ahmazing Book Faerie꧂ღ╭⊱♥≺ (mamabear7080) I spent yesterday trying to read the prequel! did get very far. So will start on this today when I get home. Sorry just thought if I read the pre. might find out if it was important to the story line. will get back to yopu about the VACANT doll!?? I have no idea, hun!

Nanna -DD- No worries. I'm having a hard time as well. Must be cuz we' re reading about an only child, who is glad she doesn't have siblings, can't relate ;P
Hope it gets better.

╰⊱♥⊱╮ღ꧁Kathy,Ahmazing Book Faerie꧂ღ╭⊱♥≺ (mamabear7080) LOL!! Hun! I wish I was an only child, Id be glad not to have a sibling.
I finished at chapter four last night.will start it today. Have had a busy morning building a compound for the turtle! Yes we found him, two days later!

Nanna -DD- Well, yeah okay. With your sis it might have been better. But I can't even imagine not having my siblings in my life. Wouldn't want to.

I'm at chapter 5. Not sure how I feel about it so far, except that it's not a 5 star read! ;P

two days, lol. Where did he hide?

Nanna -DD- Hun, I don't think I'll get much reading done this weekend, sorry. Have work tomorrow and am going with the girls to get pedis and massages afterwards. Saturday We're hosting a huge christmas/drinking party and Sunday I'm expecting to have a huge hangover + overnight guests ;P
Hope it's alright ;)

╰⊱♥⊱╮ღ꧁Kathy,Ahmazing Book Faerie꧂ღ╭⊱♥≺ (mamabear7080) HAhaha!! Babe! You go have fun,
Im nearly at chapter five, and I agree Its sure not a five star read! How come all those people think its so great! Thank god we have a month to read it!
You are more of a sister than my other one!You know that though.
We found him under some fencing tin! Phoe helped make a compound for him yesterday, and when she went to check on him at lunch time today, he was wandering across the back yard!! So we have to figure oiut how he got out now!! Hes back in his tank now.

╰⊱♥⊱╮ღ꧁Kathy,Ahmazing Book Faerie꧂ღ╭⊱♥≺ (mamabear7080) Ive read through to chapter 10 its not improving!! Have my other challenge book to read, so will start that. Its Kristin Ashley so wont take long. then I'll come back to this.

╰⊱♥⊱╮ღ꧁Kathy,Ahmazing Book Faerie꧂ღ╭⊱♥≺ (mamabear7080) Finaly something half worth posting!!

(view spoiler)

Nanna -DD- I'm still at chapter dive. I' m too busy preparing to get drunk ;)

╰⊱♥⊱╮ღ꧁Kathy,Ahmazing Book Faerie꧂ღ╭⊱♥≺ (mamabear7080) Preparing!! I think you already were drunk! LOL. LOVE YA!
I think I missed chapter dive!!!

Hahahaha

Hows the head??

╰⊱♥⊱╮ღ꧁Kathy,Ahmazing Book Faerie꧂ღ╭⊱♥≺ (mamabear7080) [image error]

[image error]

╰⊱♥⊱╮ღ꧁Kathy,Ahmazing Book Faerie꧂ღ╭⊱♥≺ (mamabear7080) Ok This whole series was published this year, almost back to back. Im getting into some of the explanations as to waht its all about now,CHAPTER 15(view spoiler)
As much as its not doing it for me, dont want to start reading my other challenge book until I finish the damn thing!! GRRRR!!

Update Chapter 19 (view spoiler)

╰⊱♥⊱╮ღ꧁Kathy,Ahmazing Book Faerie꧂ღ╭⊱♥≺ (mamabear7080) Exmple: (view spoiler) Sound familiar?(view spoiler)

Nanna -DD- Oh gosh :) seems like I'm way behind, hope you dont mind :P
Not reading the spoilers yet, but great that it gets better. How far in are you? :-)
What do you think of the ålot' the world that has been build for the story?

Nanna -DD- ♥☆♫★ Kathy,bahd gihrl♥★aka Drama Queen wrote: "Preparing!! I think you already were drunk! LOL. LOVE YA!
I think I missed chapter dive!!!

Hahahaha

Hows the head??"

I might have been :-) sunday hangovers suck....

message 27: by Nanna -DD- (last edited Dec 16, 2012 02:06PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Nanna -DD- I think it's the over subjective descriptions that bug me...

Wait. Does the storyline remind you a bit about twilight. A newcomer in town. The hot guy seems not interested. They go hiking....

╰⊱♥⊱╮ღ꧁Kathy,Ahmazing Book Faerie꧂ღ╭⊱♥≺ (mamabear7080) Nanna -DD- wrote: "I think it's the over subjective descriptions that bug me...

Wait. Does the storyline remind you a bit about twilight. A newcomer in town. The hot guy seems not interested. They go hiking...."

Sweets!! You are onto it!! Read spoiler In post 23 if you want. It says exactly that!!! Verra similar! and it gets more so.
Im still not into it, but the more I read the more I think I'll JUST HAVE to read the rest of them DAMN BOOK!!!

What do you think of the ålot' the world that has been build for the story?
Sorry babe, not clear on what you mean here??
I stopped at 20 or 21 to give you a chance to catch up, and started on Rock Chick 6 for my other challenge.

Nanna -DD- ♥☆♫★ Kathy,bahd gihrl♥★aka Drama Queen wrote: "Nanna -DD- wrote: "I think it's the over subjective descriptions that bug me...

Wait. Does the storyline remind you a bit about twilight. A newcomer in town. The hot guy seems not interested. They..."

Omg, that's so funny. We really do think alike then :-)
I just added a few more things to the twilight copy theory. An alice type best friend + she can smell a think (the hospital) that her mom cant. Just as Bella is the only human that can smell blood.

I wonder what we would think of the story if we didn't know about twilight.
Sorry, ålot = plot :-)

Yeah, just thpught I'd read a bit before bed time. Katy just got in the hospital after having been attacked. I think it's chapter 8 or 9.
No, worries. You can read on if you want, I actually don't mind you beeing ahead in this book :-)

Nanna -DD- Off to bed. Night hun, have a great day :-)

message 31: by Nanna -DD- (last edited Dec 16, 2012 03:57PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Nanna -DD- Wth!!!! You don't let a person with a possible concussion sleep through to the next day. You wake them regularly to check for brain injuries. Gees!!!

Alright. Really off to bed now :-)

╰⊱♥⊱╮ღ꧁Kathy,Ahmazing Book Faerie꧂ღ╭⊱♥≺ (mamabear7080) Yes there is a lot that makes me think its either fan fic or written from the twi idea.

There are more and more similarities as it goes on. They even have their special place, not a meadow but a lake, a long hike from anywhere. I'm enjoying it more as I get into into it more.

Im good to wait for you, Ive got the Rock Chicks for company!

Nanna -DD- Dumping food on them, nice one.
I think it's getting better as well, it's gone from a two star read to maybe a three (small four). Hope it lasts!

Btw, I'm rethinking that maybe I wanr the next outlander, cuz I miss Jamie!

╰⊱♥⊱╮ღ꧁Kathy,Ahmazing Book Faerie꧂ღ╭⊱♥≺ (mamabear7080) Hey babe!! How about we start the new Year in a kilt kinda way then!??
Hahaha That was a good bit with the food! Yup Im in agreeance, its getting to a four! OMG whats happening to us!! Usualy if we dont like a book thats it, we dont like it!
Man the wind is blowing real bad! The girls were going to sleep in the tent, but have changed their minds!lol

Nanna -DD- Sorry hun, but I have to go buy the book first, I gotta own it in book form, to long for an e-book read :P

Hope the wind settles down :-)

I know crazy, maybe we should look into it, to see if it actually was a fanfic?

Haha cool :
, but I do remember the name of our planet. It was caled Lux. And we are called Luxen.”

My cat is in the book.

Nanna -DD- “Lux,” I whispered, recaling one of my freshman classes. “That’s Latin for light.”

Hmmm, I didn't know that. But then again, it was his mothers owner that named him.

Nanna -DD- I'm late for getting ready for work.mbut I just had to share this quote :-)

I felt my cheeks flush. “You know, like sex? I mean, you guys are al glowy and stuff. I don’t see how certain stuff would work.” Daemon’s lips curled into a half smile, and that was the only warning he gave. Moving unbelievably fast, I was on my back and he was above me in a flash. “Are you asking if I’m attracted to human girls?” he asked. Dark, wet waves of hair fel forward. Tiny droplets of water fel off the ends, splashing against my cheek. “Or are you asking if I’m attracted to you?” Using his hands, he lowered himself slowly. There wasn’t an inch of space between our bodies. Air fled my lungs at the contact of his body against mine. He was male and ripped in al the places I was soft. Being this close to him was startling, causing an array of sensations to zing through me. I shivered. Not from the cold, but from how warm and wonderful he felt. I could feel every breath he took, and when he shifted his hips, my eyes went wide and I gasped. Oh yeah, certain stuff was definitely working. Daemon roled off me, onto his back beside me. “Next question?” he asked, voice deep and thick.

╰⊱♥⊱╮ღ꧁Kathy,Ahmazing Book Faerie꧂ღ╭⊱♥≺ (mamabear7080) Oh True that!! I never thought about LUX and your LUX!!

Yes, It will be interesting to see how far this goes.

Let me know when you get to twenty and we'll read together from there. OK.

Wind died down and it got SO hot, because the wind was keeping the heat at bay. So no one slept very much!

Nanna -DD- Haha;)
Hope the wind comes back then ;P

Great i might get to twenty tonight after work, but can't read tomorrow. Will read on on wednesday though ;) I'm gettong some new tests and shots then, so will bring my tablet to kill the waiting time ;)

Nanna -DD- I'm at chapter 20 now. Off to bed shortly :-)

╰⊱♥⊱╮ღ꧁Kathy,Ahmazing Book Faerie꧂ღ╭⊱♥≺ (mamabear7080) OH hun Sorry to hear about the new rounds of test! How are you feeling though?
Ok will read together Wed.

Nanna -DD- Nah it's all good. All a precaution from the needle sting. I'm perfectly fine ;) i' m gettong answers from the last tests, getting new blood samples taken + a new vaccine ;)

Ready for tomorrow?

Nanna -DD- Na na na na na na ; P oooppppssss, I just read chapter 21, I'm in the lead * fist pump* ;D YES!!!

Crap, I'm gonna be exhausted in the morning, but hopefully worrh it ;)

Nanna -DD- * worth

╰⊱♥⊱╮ღ꧁Kathy,Ahmazing Book Faerie꧂ღ╭⊱♥≺ (mamabear7080) Ok That's all good then. I will read after we have our meal and will probably finish tonight.

╰⊱♥⊱╮ღ꧁Kathy,Ahmazing Book Faerie꧂ღ╭⊱♥≺ (mamabear7080) Go have a read here, you might find it interesting

http://cuddlebuggery.com/2012/08/book...

“She tasted good, too. Different somehow,” he taunted. Chapter 29(view spoiler) Are you finding it an addictive book ?

╰⊱♥⊱╮ღ꧁Kathy,Ahmazing Book Faerie꧂ღ╭⊱♥≺ (mamabear7080) Ok I just finished 11.45pm Wednesday.
Read on when you finish this story .there is Daemons POV.
Ok so, tell me what you think when your done.
(view spoiler)
So, its nearly midnight and I have a busy day tomorrow, so Im off to bed, and you were up late last night!! xo

Nanna -DD- I'm ar Baruck vs Katy on the field. I'm finding this fight a bit much, too cliche.. Dragging it down from a four to a three star... Will let you know when I'm done ;)

Nanna -DD- Dae mon’s eyes met mine and he sighed. “You are going to make this hard.” I didn’t say anything. My heart was thumping as I sidestepped him and headed for the front door. “Kat?” Drawing in a deep breath, I faced him. “What?” A smile parted his lips. “You do realize I love a challenge?”

Nanna -DD- Nice, I love that he's going to seduce her. I'd like to read on as well, so I can see her give in :P but can we wait till the 25th? Or just take it REALLT slow till then :-)

I'll give it a 3,5 stars

« previous 1