YA LGBT Books discussion

New Releases > December New Releases

Comments (showing 1-19 of 19) (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kaje (new)

Kaje Harper | 14470 comments This thread is for new Young Adult books with LGBT content that release during December 2012.

Authors or readers are welcome to post new books. Please be sure they are Young-adult-appropriate. Thanks for keeping our lists up to day :)

message 2: by James (last edited Dec 14, 2012 11:52AM) (new)

James Erich (jameserich) | 51 comments DreamsBook one of my "Dreams of Fire and Gods" YA Fantasy trilogy will be released tomorrow, December 15th!

Blurb:

A thousand years ago, two factions of gods, the Stronni and the Taaweh, nearly destroyed the Kingdom of Dasak by warring for the land and the frightened humans who lived there. Then suddenly the Taaweh vanished and the Stronni declared victory.

Now, as tensions escalate between the emperor and his regent, Vek Worlen, the Vek's son, apprentice mage Sael dönz Menaük, finds himself allied with a homeless vagabond named Koreh. Together they flee the capital city and make their way across a hostile wilderness to the Vek's keep, mere steps ahead of the emperor’s assassins.

But Koreh has dreams—dreams of the ancient Taaweh—and he knows the looming war between the emperor and the Vek will be nothing compared to the war that is about to begin. The Taaweh are returning, and the war between the gods may destroy the kingdom once and for all. Dreams (Dreams of Fire and Gods, #1) by James Erich

message 3: by Kaje (new)

Kaje Harper | 14470 comments Congratulations - thanks for posting it :)

message 4: by Jo (new)

Jo Ramsey (Jo_Ramsey) | 1017 comments I have 2 new releases!

Listening Skills is a sequel to my short story Life Skills. Brian's girlfriend Trista isn't entirely happy with their relationship, and his boyfriend Javier wants something more. For Christmas, can he give them both what they want?

Accepting Me is a follow-up to my novel Cluing in (and would have been a follow-up to Opening Up, except that isn't out yet...). All Shane wants for Christmas is for his family to accept that he isn't interested in relationships, romance, or sex.

message 5: by Kaje (new)

Kaje Harper | 14470 comments Yay - I've been waiting for Listening Skills.

message 6: by Harry (new)

Harry Rice (harirama) | 12 comments Jo wrote: "I have 2 new releases!

Listening Skills is a sequel to my short story Life Skills. Brian's girlfriend Trista isn't entirely happy with their relationship, and his boyfriend Javier wants something..."

Kaje wrote: "This thread is for new Young Adult books with LGBT content that release during December 2012.

Authors or readers are welcome to post new books. Please be sure they are Young-adult-appropriate. T..."

message 7: by Harry (new)

Harry Rice (harirama) | 12 comments I would like to add my coming-of-age, coming-out novel, "Killer Pappas." Harry Rice

message 8: by Kaje (new)

Kaje Harper | 14470 comments Harry wrote: "I would like to add my coming-of-age, coming-out novel, "Killer Pappas." Harry Rice"

Killer Pappas by Harry Rice - cool cover

message 9: by Ibis3 (new)

Ibis3 | 62 comments I'm pre-announcing my release, since I imagine people might be rather busy over the next couple of days. I've got a short story I'll be putting up for sale likely tomorrow if not later tonight, and I'm hoping you'll come round to look for it. It's a Victorian Christmas tale of two youths who bridge some differences to forge a (more than) friendship that will last a lifetime. Style is a bit Dickensian (think of it sort of like I'm kind of imitating myself imitating someone writing at the same time as Charles) and includes some Dickensian elements (no ghosts, but a harsh boyhood, a happy family Christmas celebration, and a major coincidence).

message 10: by Kaje (new)

Kaje Harper | 14470 comments Ibis3 wrote: "I'm pre-announcing my release, since I imagine people might be rather busy over the next couple of days. I've got a short story I'll be putting up for sale likely tomorrow if not later tonight, and..."

Sounds great - give us a link when it goes up.

message 11: by Harry (new)

Harry Rice (harirama) | 12 comments Interesting and timely.

message 12: by Jayson (new)

Jayson James | 12 comments My new book "Tormented Discovery" will be available in the next couple of weeks. I will announce the release on my blog (jaysonjames.blogspot.com).

My book "Finding Our Way" is only $2.99 for the Kindle and the Nook versions until the end of the year!

Happy Holidays!

message 13: by Russell (new)

Russell Sanders (goodreadscomrussell_sanders) | 18 comments My young adult novel Thirteen Therapists is now available for purchase on Amazon, with an ebook version on Omnilit. The book is a coming of age/coming out story about a high school senior boy who has mother problems and eventually boyfriend problems. His newest therapist (he's had twelve others) helps him wade through all the mess. It is listed here on Goodreads. Check it out!

message 14: by Jo (new)

Jo Ramsey (Jo_Ramsey) | 1017 comments Congratulations, Russell, and welcome to the group!

message 15: by Kaje (new)

Kaje Harper | 14470 comments If this is a January release I did set up a thread now - oops ;)

message 16: by Russell (new)

Russell Sanders (goodreadscomrussell_sanders) | 18 comments Thirteen Therapists was actually released in December, but I'm not sure it made its way to Amazon until January.

message 17: by Kaje (new)

Kaje Harper | 14470 comments Russell wrote: "Thirteen Therapists was actually released in December, but I'm not sure it made its way to Amazon until January."

Well this works, then. There is usually a little delay - congrats on having it out there now.

message 18: by Russell (last edited Jan 17, 2013 08:45AM) (new)

Russell Sanders (goodreadscomrussell_sanders) | 18 comments Kaje wrote: "Russell wrote: "Thirteen Therapists was actually released in December, but I'm not sure it made its way to Amazon until January."

Well this works, then. There is usually a little delay - congrats..."

Thank you very much. I am so excited!

message 19: by Russell (new)

Russell Sanders (goodreadscomrussell_sanders) | 18 comments The first chapter of Thirteen Therapists will be on D Renee Bagby Present YA First Chapters on Monday, Jan. 21. Check it out...http://ya-teen.drb1stchp.com/