Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
ARCHIVES: CHALLENGES > Completed Reads

Comments (showing 1-23 of 23) (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Gisbelle (last edited Nov 29, 2012 10:31PM) (new)

Gisbelle | 27303 comments This thread is for everyone to post when they finish reading the book they have chosen.

Notes:
- No discussions are allowed in this post
- Should you have questions or want to discuss the books, please post here: http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/1...
- Any irrelevant posts shall be removed
- Please follow the sample post

message 2: by Gisbelle (last edited Nov 29, 2012 10:40PM) (new)

Gisbelle | 27303 comments Sample

[Book Cover]
Finished Date: xxx
Rating: xxx
Review: (a link to your review in GR or a short sentence or two about your thought on the book)

message 3: by Ari (last edited Dec 04, 2012 12:36AM) (new)

Ari | 417 comments Undeadly (The Reaper Diaries, #1) by Michele Vail
Finished Date: 12/4
Rating: 4 stars
Review: When I first started this book I thought "what have I gotten myself into" But as the story progressed I found myself wanting to read more and more. so if you are thinking of reading this book give it a chance before giving up I promise it does get better.

message 4: by Tayla (new)

Tayla Robichaud (trobes7x) | 1648 comments Cinder (Lunar Chronicles, #1) by Marissa Meyer

Finished Date: 12/15
Rating: 3.5 stars
Review: At first I was bored with all the robot/cyborg talk. and the big OMG moment was kindof obvious. Other than those big points though... it was a pretty cool book and i will def read the next

message 5: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new)

Trisha | 31379 comments What's Left of Me (The Hybrid Chronicles, #1) by Kat Zhang
Review: Amazing book. It's hard to say much without giving away too much! It's an amazing story about 2 souls - Eva and Addie and their struggle to stay together.

message 6: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new)

Trisha | 31379 comments Insanity (Asylum, #1) by Lauren Hammond
Finished: 12/20
Rating: 2 stars
Review: a really interesting story about a girl finding herself in an insane asylum and trying to understand and remember whey she is even there.

message 7: by Ari (new)

Ari | 417 comments Anna Dressed in Blood (Anna, #1) by Kendare Blake
Finished: 12/20
Rating: 3 stars

Review: This was an Okay read for me I went into it thinking it was going to be Really scary like all the reviews I read claim and was pretty much let down. Don't get me wrong its still a good read just don't go into this book thinking you wont be able to sleep at night!

message 8: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new)

Trisha | 31379 comments Beta (Annex, #1) by Rachel Cohn
Finished: 12/23

Review: I really enjoyed this story. It was such an adventure of a read that I wanted to finish it in one sitting...but I think I must be burnt out on Series reads. I'm just tired of cliff hanger endings. the ending just killed this book for me.

message 9: by Laura (last edited Dec 25, 2012 02:27AM) (new)

Laura (HypnoticX) | 746 comments The Extraordinary Secrets of April, May, & June by Robin Benway
Finished: 12/25
Rating: 4 Stars
Review: I didn't have many expectations but ended up loving it! The sisters all reminded me of my own sisters at times. Also all the interactions between the different characters were great and I wouldn't mind seeing another book with them again some day...

message 10: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new)

Trisha | 31379 comments The Jelly Bean Crisis by Jolene Stockman
Finished: 12/26
Review: it was a really cute story of Poppy trying to shake off all the expectations of her parents (dad) and school and try to find her own way in the world. It's a very inspiring book for both teens and parents. But it was just cute and not earth shattering for me.

message 11: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new)

Trisha | 31379 comments Croak (Croak, #1) by Gina Damico
Finished: 12/26
Review: A really quirky take on Death - who takes the form of angry teens who have had a rough life. They find purpose and meaning as a GRIM. In Croak, Lex spends the summer trying to understand who she is and solve the mystery of a series of deaths.

message 12: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new)

Trisha | 31379 comments Incarnate (Newsoul, #1) by Jodi Meadows
Finished: 12/27
Review: Just a really interesting idea of reincarnation where everyone around you remembers their previous lives and deaths. And everyone has known each other for 500 years or so. Except Ana. She is a new soul and no one knows why there is a new soul. It has romance, a little paranormal but is all around just an interesting story - kind of like a fairy tale

message 13: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new)

Trisha | 31379 comments Half-Blood (Covenant, #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout
finished: 12/28
Review: A very well done fantasy with Daimons, Pure bloods, half bloods and...lots of fighting, training and sassy remarks. And a very hot boy named Aiden :)

message 14: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new)

Trisha | 31379 comments Blind Spot by Laura Ellen
Finished: 1/5
Rating: 1 star
Review: I read the synopsis and thought this would be a really interesting mystery/thriller type book (a page turner). Instead, it was just a jumble of high school drama and angst with a small mystery subplot.

message 15: by Ari (new)

Ari | 417 comments Confessions of an Angry Girl (Confessions, #1) by Louise Rozett

Finished: 1/5

Review: So I totally forgot to mention I finished this book here. Oops. This book was overall a great read. however the way the book ended was horrible. Really wished we got an Epilogue at least something.

message 16: by Laura (last edited Jan 11, 2013 10:42AM) (new)

Laura (HypnoticX) | 746 comments The Boyfriend Thief by Shana Norris
Finished: 1/11
Review: Another good read it seemed short at times simply because everything was a little rushed loads happening at one yet still it entertained me at times and I couldn't help smiling at all the characters interactions. I especially loved Zac who just had me giggling through even the serious parts.

message 17: by Jojobean (new)

Jojobean | 675 comments The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games #1) by Suzanne Collins
Finished: 1/3/13
Rating:♥♥♥♥♥
Review: I completely forgot to post that I finished the book here. This book was awesome. It has a kick ass heroine and the boys aren't bad either. The games were interesting to read and I was completely absorbed in the book. I couldn't put it down. Can't wait to read the next 2. Peeta all the way!!!!!!!

message 18: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new)

Trisha | 31379 comments Lucid by Adrienne Stoltz
Finished: 1/23
Rating: 5 wonderfully confusing stars
Review: This is a story that encompasses so many themes. Love, loss, mystery, self discovery, acceptance, and... 2 girls at the center of it all. Connected because, when one closes her eyes, the other opens hers. Sloane and Maggie are connected in that their lives are when the other one sleeps.

message 19: by Kathy (last edited Feb 13, 2013 09:11PM) (new)

Kathy | 7950 comments Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass, #1) by Sarah J. Maas
Finished: 2/13
Review: It was a little slow at first, but right around chapter 27 it really hit the fan and I couldn't stop thinking about it, I need to know what exactly the evil presence was in the castle and how Celaena was going to defeat it. It was all very intriguing and the fight scenes were cut throat and brutal. It has some politics, lots of backstabbing, forbidden magic, and nasty monsters (some of the undead variety). Two love insterests, one a prince who is a rouge type and the other a brooding captain of the guard, I was finding it hard to chose which one I liked best. I look forward to reading the sequel.

message 20: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 7950 comments The Darkest Minds
Finished: 2/26
Rating: 5 most AMAZING stars since Divergent!!
Review: I loved it! Ruby, Liam, Chubs and Zu were some really amazing characters. The story was so awesome, so epic, I laughed and I cried and cried so more. The Romance was so sweet and tender it made me swoon. I will tell anyone who will listen that they need to read this book and probably won't shut up about it for a very long time.

message 21: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new)

Trisha | 31379 comments Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side (Jessica, #1) by Beth Fantaskey
Finished: 3/15
Rating: 5 stars!!
Review: I absolutely loved this book!!! It was funny and sweet but also had some action, adventure - and it's the first Vampire book (in a sea of MANY MANY Vampire books) that I've liked in a long long time!

message 22: by Tesni (new)

Tesni (tezbuzz) | 46 comments The Naughty List (The Naughty List, #1) by Suzanne Young

Finished: 20/2/13
Rating: 2 stars
Review: I liked this book- it surprised me! Good story full of twists to keep you guessing, and I loved the idea of the Naughty List. The protagonist was slightly annoying with they way she spoke but it didn't alter my enjoyment of the book. I thought the bittersweet ending was refreshing, and suited the book. Worth a read!

message 23: by Jojobean (new)

Jojobean | 675 comments Divergent (Divergent, #1) by Veronica Roth

Finished Date: 3/23/13
Rating: ♥♥♥♥♥
Review: Divergent Review

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.