Who's Your Author? discussion

Archives - '09 - '10 > You Slay Me - Spoilers

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jess (last edited Mar 13, 2009 04:03AM) (new)

Jess | 3721 comments Discussion of You Slay Me - with spoilers. To begin in March.

message 2: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments I am just happy to see that Witchling is no longer present on the top page of the group. lol.

Anyway, I loved this book!!! I thought that Macalister really did a fine job of making this story interesting, and funny but also serious at the same time. and I mean Drake.. what can be said about Drake lol. He's one of those gorgeous men who knows it and is a little obnoxious.. but I grew to love him by the end of the book.

message 3: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (lexnick) I have to say the sex scenes in this book are really steamy. And the demon dog is hysterical! I'm only on chapter 7 though.

message 4: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments lol.. the demon dog just gets better and better. It's definitely part of what makes this series so amusing

message 5: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (new)

Dawn (dawnv) | 4055 comments I just finished it and it was really interesting and a nice break from all the werewolf stuff I have been reading.

This is was the first book I read by her and I liked it quite a bit. I love the demon is a dog with no power. Question did we ever find out if the cab driver was more than human?

I must admit though I hope she does not do like Mary Janice Davidson and have Aisling run from Drake like Betsy ran from Sinclair it was cute in the first two books but by the third it was like enough already.

message 6: by Sarah (new)

Sarah  | 766 comments You find out more about the cabbie in later books. Also, they get together lots sooner than Betsy and Sinclair.

message 7: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (lexnick) Ooh, I'm intrigued now! I don't think Renee the cab driver has any special powers at all. I listened to this as an audio book and I was actually laughing out loud at certain parts. lol I didn't like the end though. She just sort of left you hanging.

message 8: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments well lets just say that we learn later on that Renee is a special cab driver. The books definitely get more and more interesting, and the characters are even more interesting as well.

message 9: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (last edited Mar 08, 2009 02:33PM) (new)

Dawn (dawnv) | 4055 comments Sarah thank goodness because I was going to beat Betsy!

The end was ok I thought it was funny when she chose to battle him at darts, but I did find it curious the way she left him. And I knew Renee had to be special there was just something about him :>

I thought it was really well done that people were willing to tell her what she was but not willing to tell her what that meant. Kind of a cool story arc I think so we learn as she learns.

message 10: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments I thought the darts part was hilarious.. and I thought Drake was going to hit her when he realized what she meant to do.

I think the best line of the book was towards the end when Aisling tells Drake to get lost.. and then she says well, maybe not tonight, but then after then you have to leave lol.

too funny.

message 11: by Liz (new)

Liz (arcanepenguin) | 77 comments I agree Jess, especially after the "you me, naked your place" part.

message 12: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments I was just wondering how everyone is liking this book.. and whether people were interested in continuing this series in a mini group read

message 13: by Jessi (new)

Jessi  (jessim) I just finished it the other day. I thought that it was really funny. I laughed my ass off when she got stuck with Jim, a powerless demmon dog! I enjoyed the humor between her and Drake - liked how she didn't give into being his mate. I can't wait to read the next one the series