sci fi fantasy and horror discussion

introduce yourself

Comments (showing 1-11 of 11) (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jose (new)

Jose Vasquez (JoseVasquez) | 10 comments Mod
Your debut book mine is Aliens Among Us by Jose Vasquez

message 2: by Iain (new)

Iain Coggins (IainMavroCoggins) | 1 comments My name is Iain. I am an educator and writer in Denver. My first novel, just published this past summer is entitled Lost Apple. While it is not in the sci-fi/horror vein, it does contain certain imaginative elements that I consider speculative. And recently, I have been working on a novella and several short stories, however,that are very much so. Thanks for inviting me into this group! I look forward to discussions around one of my favorite literary genre areas.

message 3: by Carole (new)

Carole Gill | 1 comments Hello everyone.
Thank you for inviting me, Jose.
I do write sci fi and horror and am published in a number of said anthologies (two anthologies from Netbound are due out soon, too.

My novel-length work is horror. Right now I have two novels out (darkest gothic romance). it doesn't get darker than what I write!

And currently I am writing a novel for Aiden James in his Dying of the Dark Vampire Series.

message 4: by A.F. (new)

A.F. (scribe77) Hi, I write dark fantasy and horror stories. I have several short fiction collections published, such as Killers and Demons and Once Upon a Dark and Eerie... and a few novellas. My latest is the romantic horror book, Gothic Cavalcade.

message 5: by Jose (new)

Welcome im glad you are apa.rt of my new group thanks.

message 6: by Jose (new)

Sorry about the spelling my phone spells words differently than what I intended.

message 7: by Jose (new)

Your welcome carole

message 8: by Bev (new)

Bev (BevAllen) My name is Bev Allen, I write YA/Adult scific. My first novel "Jabin and the Space Pirates" was published by Taylor Street in 2012, I have a second one accepted and in the editing pipe line.
Over and above that, I have had short fiction published by SFX and been commissioned to write a Dr Who story by Big Finish.
A lot of my shorter fiction is on my blog here. Most of it is not scific, but one story "The Alpha and the Omega" is.
Favourite scific authors would include Heinlein, S M Stirling and David Feintuch.
I'll leave the fantasy ones for another time.
Don't do horror, sorry.

message 9: by Corvus (new)

Corvus Winchester | 5 comments Hello there,
My name is Corvus Winchester. I am an author and college student. I love the classics, but also enjoy new fiction as well. My favorite color is white.
Fun Fact: Samurai Rabbits are so fast you don't even know they are behind you until you feel the gentle tap of their soft paw against your shoulder.
Fun Fact #2: They've got nothing on hyperactive mutant Ninja Rabbits, though.
Thanks for reading and God bless!

message 10: by Katharine (new)

Katharine Francis (EmilyLarson) I really like your group!
Can you join my group called For the Love of Horror? If you love anything horror, syfy, fantasy, trillers then you'll like this we have it all. I'm trying to get more people involved with it. Can you promote my page on your group? Please? I can do the same one my group. We also are picking authors that are unknown to be give the chance of submitting their work to a fold so they can be picked to be that months book. It's really neat.
Spread the word.
Thanks.

message 11: by Michael (new)

Michael | 2 comments Hi everyone! I'm Michael, a horror author in northern California. Love all things macabre. Big fan of King, Koontz, Straub, Barker, Ray Bradbury...and can't ever get enough of horror movies!