Outlander Series discussion

The Books > Plague of Zombies

Comments (showing 1-9 of 9) (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Karen (new)

Karen | 57 comments Has anyone read Plague of Zombies yet? I'm reading it now and *SPOILER SPOILER* I've just gotten to the part where John is going to see Mrs Abernathy. I can't quite remember, but would this be before or after John and Claire meet? If it's before, then wouldn't Ian be at the plantation still? Gah! Google search tells me nothing.

message 2: by Wendy F, biblioholic (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) | 3150 comments I haven't read it yet, but all book threads are spoiler threads. Meaning, you can talk plainly about the book that the thread is about.

message 3: by Brunhilde (new)

Brunhilde | 158 comments Oh, good question! When they meet on the typhoid boat is he just coming to the Caribbean for the first time? Or does he go back and come again?
But I think the end of Plague of Zombies ties into Voyager with slave uprising. And if that is all true, I think you would be right in assuming Ian is there.

message 4: by Lori McD (last edited Nov 30, 2012 12:09PM) (new)

Lori McD (LoriMcD) | 657 comments Good question, Karen! I remember when I read "Plague of Zombies", I was trying to fit it all into the Outlander timeline. So... I went to the source!

In the Timeline on her web site, DG puts "Plague of Zombies" in 1761, which is 5-6 years before Claire and Jamie are reunited and before Lord John becomes Governor of Jamaica. Here's the link to the Timeline in English

message 5: by Carolyn F. (new)

Carolyn F. | 322 comments I think so too Lori, because he's not the governor and he's not married yet.

message 6: by Karen (new)

Karen | 57 comments ah thanks Lori. That clears it up! I was reading it thinking 'where's Ian?' I think Plague of Zombies was the best Lord John one I've read, but then I am not a LG fan.

message 7: by Brunhilde (new)

Brunhilde | 158 comments Wow, so he must have went back to England and got married and then returned again?

message 8: by Karen (new)

Karen | 57 comments yeah he must have. I wonder if DG will write that eventually. Or is it the scottish prisoner? I haven't read it yet

message 9: by Keri (new)

Keri | 74 comments **Spoiler alert** LJG does not marry in "The Scottish Prisoner". I was really disappointed. There doesn't seem to be any indication that John is even considering it. Maybe she'll explain what happened with all that.