Goodreads Feedback discussion

Suggestions & Questions > recommended by

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kate (new)

Kate (kate-schmate) | 42 comments Hi Otis,

I know this suggestion has been made in the past by a few people, but I haven't seen it in the "infamous to-do list" thread so I wondered if it fell off the radar. It would be great to be able to note who recommended a book to you. Particularly if the recommender was a goodreads user and it was possible to link to that person, it would enhance the interactivity of goodreads, really the spirit of the site, and showcase the viral nature of book recommendations in an interesting way.

Any chance this can be added to the list? Is there any interest?

Thanks,
Kate

message 2: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (LisaVegan) | 8939 comments I'd love it but I get most of my book ideas from Goodreads mostly by seeing what other people, especially GR friends, review, rate, and put on their to-read lists. Get tons of books that way and only a few from official book recommendations. But, it would still be a useful additional feature.

message 3: by Kate (last edited Jan 02, 2008 01:31PM) (new)

Kate (kate-schmate) | 42 comments Oh yeah, that's what I was envisioning, just a field where you could enter a name. Not an official recommendation engine. Sorry to be unclear!

message 4: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (LisaVegan) | 8939 comments Sounds great. I sometimes do that in my reviews, although that's obviously not searchable the way a field would be.

message 5: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra | 1262 comments I'd really like having a field to enter who recommended a book to me.

message 6: by Kate (new)

Kate (kate-schmate) | 42 comments I see today that this has been added to the book review page. Absolutely fantastic! I'm going to annoy all my friends by updating this field on all my reviews now.

Thanks, GR team!

message 7: by Otis, Chief Goodreader (new)

Otis Chandler | 4184 comments Mod
Glad you like it!

message 8: by rivka, librarian moderator (new)

rivka | 12272 comments Mod
Oh, awesome! AND private notes! :D

message 9: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra | 1262 comments Just wanted to add my Thank you!