YA Writers and Readers discussion

Crossed (Matched, #2)
This topic is about Crossed
Group reads/ discussions > Crossed: By Ally Condie

Comments (showing 1-10 of 10) (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Morgan (last edited Nov 28, 2012 02:32PM) (new)

Morgan | 1315 comments Mod
I know that everyone reads at a different pace, so for this book- Crossed by Ally Condie- we’re just going to be reading it without a certain amount of chapters. If anytime whilst reading you want to share something with the group like: Quotes, something about the characters, or just anything do so. Also even if you read this way after December, or you’ve already read it, and then tell us your thoughts, because this thread will always be open.
-Happy Reading

WTF Are You Reading? | 56 comments Ijust started this book on audio and am on chapter 19 as I write this. Not sure how I feel about this book. It seems to be full of a lot more symbolism than the first.

message 3: by Morgan (new)

I totally know what you mean. I tried to start it a while ago, but I couldn't get into it very well, but hopefully now I can, because the third book is out, and I want to finally finish this trilogy.

WTF Are You Reading? | 56 comments I can't say just how far I got. I fell asleep. So I will read more today. I was at a really good place when I stopped though. It does get better you just have to muddle through until you get there.

message 5: by Morgan (new)

Thanks. I think in going I start tomorrow or Monday. My copy is still in perfect condition, which is weird considering even though I haven't read it its been moved a lot from bookshelf to bookshelf. It was a bit dusty, but that's it

message 6: by Morgan (new)

Hopefully i'll be starting this either Monday, or Tuesday

Inês I have read this book 5 months ago and i must say that i just wasn't able to get into it. Although i liked Matched, while i was reading this one i found myself bored and wishing that something interesting would happen.
But maybe i just wasn't in the mood for it so i'm planning to reread it now.
Hopefully i will enjoy it more this time.

message 8: by Morgan (new)

I agree with you on Crossed. Like the anticipation in having the characters together only to be let down after ALL of that. I still want to read Reached, but I have no idea when I will.

Milly (getlostinanovel) | 15 comments This sounds awful but Crossed dissappointed me so much that I'm gonna read the summary of Reached on Wikipedia, I'm not risking my money on something that has a high chance of being as dull and dreary as Crossed.

message 10: by Morgan (new)

I agree with you I was really anticipating them meeting up, and it never happened. I'll get Reached if its like a serious sale, or maybe when it comes out in paperback