Living with Lupus discussion

Autoimmune Epidemic

Comments (showing 1-3 of 3) (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Angela (new)

Angela (angelaskell) | 18 comments Mod
I see that another group on autoimmune diseases is reading "The Autoimmune Epidemic..." My mother just recommended it to me and I am currently borrowing it and trying to get through it. I will let you all know how it is once I get more into it and then when I finish it. I plan on creating a quiz about it. Let me know if you've read it already and how it helped you? How you liked it and if it said anything new? Thanks! Angela

message 2: by Angela (new)

Angela (angelaskell) | 18 comments Mod
I just created a quiz for this book. A second part will be created when I finish reading it. Go ahead and try taking it before or after you've read it. Good luck and here's the link to the quiz...

http://www.goodreads.com/quizzes/sear...

message 3: by [deleted user] (last edited Dec 14, 2012 12:02PM) (new)

Angela wrote: "I just created a quiz for this book. A second part will be created when I finish reading it. Go ahead and try taking it before or after you've read it. Good luck and here's the link to the quiz...."

I just started this book yesterday and so far I am very disappointed but hope it improves. She doesn't mention the words Environmental Illness or Chemical Injury so far at all and starts out with horrible scary stories about people who lack common sense IMO.
I skimmed over to see if she ever mentions Dr. Rea or any of the other 50 Environmental Illness doctors now working in the US but I could not find a word.

I started your quiz but was unable to answer to first question so I realized that I need to read further before attempting it. Based on your first quiz question the book must really improve. So far I think Tired or Toxic? is far better. But maybe her scare tactics will catch people's attention. We certainly do need that at least.

Tired Or Toxic?: A Blueprint For Health