Indie Book Club discussion

Endings (Saga of Loralil Greyfox)
This topic is about Endings
Book of the Month Fantasy > December 2012 Fantasy BotM: Endings

Comments (showing 1-35 of 35) (35 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Scott, Fabled Reviewer o' Tales! (new)

Scott (Bookblogger) | 1315 comments Mod
Congrats to Endings rising above probably the most nominations I've seen in a long time. Discussion will take place during the month of December. Enjoy the book everyone!

message 2: by Steve (new)

Steve Thomas | 198 comments Congratulations, Lisa.

What distribution channels is this one available on?

message 4: by J.D. (new)

J.D. Hallowell | 247 comments It's at Barnes and Noble, too:

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/endin...

message 5: by Steve (new)

Steve Thomas | 198 comments Son of a...my searches turned up nothing. I'm just gonna...go...hang out with my grandmother...

message 6: by Lisa (new) - added it

Lisa Williamson (suteko) | 21 comments Sorry if it was hard. Generally you need to put in either my name or the whole title...Endings: the Saga of Loralil Greyfox

Hope you enjoy it

message 7: by Lisa (new) - added it

Lisa Williamson (suteko) | 21 comments Thanks Mary! I hope you like it. Old fashioned fantasy with elves and orcs and all

message 8: by Lisa (new) - added it

Lisa Williamson (suteko) | 21 comments Hi everyone. Any questions for me?

message 9: by Scott, Fabled Reviewer o' Tales! (new)

It'll probably be a few days before I start this one. Gotta clear up the stuff already on my plate. Looks like a good one though.

message 10: by Lisa (new) - added it

Lisa Williamson (suteko) | 21 comments Thank you Scott. I you end up liking it there will be another one...once I make the cover that is

message 11: by Walter (new) - added it

Walter Spence (WalterSpence) Got my copy a couple of days ago. Have to finish the book I'm reading now before they send the Library Mafia after me, but once I'm done, Endings is next on my list. :)

message 12: by Thaddeus (new)

Thaddeus White | 631 comments Mod
Congrats :)

Is there somewhere that a full list of BotM winners can be found?

message 13: by Lisa (new) - added it

Lisa Williamson (suteko) | 21 comments Thanks..that i have no idea

message 14: by Lisa (new) - added it

Lisa Williamson (suteko) | 21 comments Thanks everyone...can't wait for questions

message 15: by J.D. (last edited Dec 01, 2012 03:06PM) (new)

J.D. Hallowell | 247 comments Thaddeus wrote: "Congrats :) Is there somewhere that a full list of BotM winners can be found?"

Here.

message 16: by Jeffrey, Lentarian Fire Thrower (new)

Jeffrey Poole (Jaymikal) | 2287 comments Mod
Off to get my copy!

message 17: by Lisa (new) - added it

Lisa Williamson (suteko) | 21 comments Hope you enjoy it

message 18: by Thaddeus (new)

Thaddeus White | 631 comments Mod
Ah, thanks for that :)

message 19: by Scott, Fabled Reviewer o' Tales! (new)

Not sure how active I'll be right now, had to put a dog down this morning and not focusing on stuff real well right now.

I'll try to jump in a bit later in the month.

message 20: by Lisa (new) - added it

Lisa Williamson (suteko) | 21 comments Oh I am sorry Scott..yes you go rest and be what you need to be. We understand totally!

message 21: by Jeffrey, Lentarian Fire Thrower (new)

Jeffrey Poole (Jaymikal) | 2287 comments Mod
Sorry to hear that, Scott. Putting a pet down sucks. Take as much time as you need.

Big J

message 22: by Jade (new)

Jade Kerrion (Jade_Kerrion) | 24 comments Sorry to hear about your pet. Many of us who have lost pets definitely understand.

message 23: by Lisa (new) - added it

Lisa Williamson (suteko) | 21 comments Any questions, comments?

message 24: by J.D. (new)

J.D. Hallowell | 247 comments Lisa wrote: "Any questions, comments?"

I've been out of commission, so I haven't had a chance to finish it yet. I suspect that there may a few other people in the same boat. I'd bet that participation will pick up during/after the weekend as people get more reading time in.

message 25: by Lisa (new) - added it

Lisa Williamson (suteko) | 21 comments Makes sense to me. I have been off myself so not a lot of work being done. I really have. to buckle down

message 26: by J.D. (new)

J.D. Hallowell | 247 comments Well, since no one else is jumping in, I'll ask a question that gave me fits when someone asked me: Who would you want for the cast if your book was made into a movie?

message 27: by J.D. (new)

J.D. Hallowell | 247 comments If you don't want to answer that one, Lisa, here's one for the rest of the book club:

What's your favorite scene (so far, if you haven't finished yet), and why?

message 28: by Lisa (new) - added it

Lisa Williamson (suteko) | 21 comments Whoa I didn't get these messages till now...sorry had net issues

Now that is a hard part for this one. I thin that Ewin McGregor would be great for Levy with Liam Neison for Mika. I haven't seen an acress who could be Loralil yet or my image of her. Thought Emelia Clarke would be a good fit. She is all ready used to having very very blonde hair. Having long silver hair would not be that different right?

and anyone who has been holding off Endings is on sale till the end of the month for 99 cents!

message 29: by Lisa (new) - added it

Lisa Williamson (suteko) | 21 comments Any more questions? I am never sure how to cast something like an Orc...after all they are big and nasty and evil right?

message 30: by J.D. (new)

J.D. Hallowell | 247 comments I'll throw a few questions out there.

Which scene was your favorite /most fun to write, and which part of the book is your favorite scene now that you've finished?

Also, were there any scenes or characters that were particularly difficult or a struggle to write, or that were particularly emotional for you?

Are there any books or authors that have particularly inspired you?

message 31: by J.D. (new)

J.D. Hallowell | 247 comments Lisa wrote: "Any more questions? I am never sure how to cast something like an Orc...after all they are big and nasty and evil right?"

So, big people who are good at physical acting and don't mind working in heavy makeup.

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

Lisa wrote: "I am never sure how to cast something like an Orc...after all they are big and nasty and evil right?"

Pick a Kardashian, any Kardashian.

message 33: by Scott, Fabled Reviewer o' Tales! (new)

Forrest wrote: "Lisa wrote: "I am never sure how to cast something like an Orc...after all they are big and nasty and evil right?"

Pick a Kardashian, any Kardashian."

I enjoyed that.

message 34: by Lisa (new) - added it

Lisa Williamson (suteko) | 21 comments Wow lots of questions...okay The scene that was my favorite to right? Hmmm... in this book I would say when Loralil realized she was free

The hardest, oh now there were a few. Probably the one with the hardest hit is when I had the battle with Samuel Elvenbane. It hurt to have characters die there. I had to back off for a month after that scene. I liked my halfling a lot but wrong place...

And to be honest I have a few authors who inspire me to write. Charles de Lint got me started in my other urban fantasy tales but Mercedes Lackey got me going on Fantasy. I have read and read so many authors. And Fantasy became my favorite in 7th grade when I was handed a copy of the Hobbit in school. I just could not put it down!

Honestly on the Orc, Samuel Elvenbane...I think Christopher Hemlsdale..the actor who is all over SciFi playing villians like Jack the Ripper or a Wraith on SG1 would be great!

And yes the Kardashian comment is a good on. I think Kim would be perfect for Mistress Terreca. I can see her in all that leather and whips.

message 35: by Lisa (last edited Dec 16, 2012 04:55PM) (new) - added it

Lisa Williamson (suteko) | 21 comments So those of you who have taken time to read Endings...first THANK YOU! second..interested in the next book? It is complete...and in my very humble opinion better. I have more experience at writing..it is titled Revenge. I just have not decided when to release it.