Breaking Dawn (Twilight, #4) Breaking Dawn question

carlisle and esme <3
Ceejay jade Ceejay Nov 27, 2012 05:04PM
what did you guys thing of esme and carlisle as a couple?

Cassie (last edited Dec 04, 2012 09:32PM ) Dec 04, 2012 05:50PM   1 vote
I love them so much! Love and Compassion, the perfect combination.
Can you have Love without Compassion, or Compassion without Love?
I actually find their relationship to be more dynamic and fateful than Edward and Bella's. I love how they crossed paths twice in their lifetime, with a 10 year gap. I call that fate.

I love them. And it still kills me that they cut their scene out of Twilight. It was so adorable!!

Ceejay wrote: "what did you guys thing of esme and carlisle as a couple?"

i think they were perfect together.

even when he found her half dead, he turn her into vamp 2 stay alive with him.

Great couple. If Carlisle had turned me I certainly would have fallen in love with him!!

Here's the thing: they've had a longgggggg time to fall in love. At first, I can only imagine her being frightened, angry, hurt, spiteful, and confused.

After all, for most of us, vampires aren't real (even in the literary world where vampires play a big role-people don't believe in them), and to be suddenly not dying, sick with this venom, hungry, alive, confused, and immortal all in a short time span would likely be quite a shock (for everyone but Bella, apparently).

I would be angry, resentful, and lost for a while. I'd want to know what my family is doing and if they were all right. My whole life would be gone and I'd be forced into a new and likely unwanted one.

Eventually, trust could build, and then love. I just don't think it's plausible to believe they would be instantly in love when she wakes up from her "death."

So, because they've had time to grow together, I think they are a really nice couple. I like them the best of all the couples, anyway.

Jeni I still contend there would be a metric ton of emotions about being suddenly immortal that a normal human would have to come to grips with, not to men ...more
Dec 05, 2012 08:23AM

AHHHHH! So Cute! <3 <3 <3 :D

deleted member Dec 04, 2012 01:19PM   0 votes
I think they are best parents ever!!!!!

I suppose they suited.

I just found it a little weird that Carlisle was looking for a mate....and then found Esme, virtually dead in the morgue.
How did he know that she would return his feelings when he turned her?

Maybe he didn't 'expect' her to feel the same way. But I just found it a little odd at times.

F 25x33
Cassie Carlisle didn't change her for the purpose of making her love him, he was just saving her life.
Dec 05, 2012 08:16AM

i want for carlisle and esme to have their movie.. :D

In Breaking Dawn p. 2 they were really good together. Really good.