What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > only remember the part when main char. was in a duel

Comments (showing 1-7 of 7) (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Voidcraft (new)

Voidcraft | 3 comments he was in knights armor along with his opponent. there was a crowd watching the fight. i believe it took place near a fountain. it may take place in the middle east. the sun was extremely hot causing the participants to sweat. I believe the protagonists father was also watching. the protagonist wins the duel and everyone congratulates him.

another part was that the father left the main character a secret stash of jewels or gold in their house, but during the course of the book the house gets burnt down our destroyed. he eventually obtains the stash though.

there may have been a comment on scented handkerchiefs.

message 2: by Voidcraft (new)

Voidcraft | 3 comments anyone have a clue as to which book this is?

message 3: by Voidcraft (new)

Voidcraft | 3 comments also, i believe it its styled similar to costain’s the black rose. historical fiction,if i remember correctly

message 4: by Lee Anne (new)

Lee Anne (LadyofRohan2995) | 176 comments Sounds a *little* like the ending of King of Attolia, but if it was that series you'd probably remember the main character (Gen). The King of Attolia (The Queen's Thief, #3) by Megan Whalen Turner

message 5: by Lee Anne (new)

Lee Anne (LadyofRohan2995) | 176 comments If it's an older book, it might also be The Talisman by Sir Walter Scott. The Talisman by Sir Walter Scott

message 6: by Lobstergirl, sniffing Sharpies (new)

Lobstergirl | 20617 comments Mod
Voidcraft, are you still looking for this?

message 7: by Lobstergirl, sniffing Sharpies (new)

Lobstergirl | 20617 comments Mod
No response in 2 years; moving to Abandoned.