Open Mind, Open Heart discussion

General Topics > Terrific spiritual guidebook I've just finished

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Emily (new)

Emily (strangechord) | 1 comments I just finished Lessons from the Source by Jack Armstrong. It's a collection of insights that were written much like A Course in Miracles. Armstrong writes on his site:

"As the process is happening and I am writing feverishly, I usually have no conscious memory of what I already have written. When the flow of words has stopped and I review what has been written, I inevitably am astonished by how the message itself is coherent and flows naturally from one subject to the next, and is written in a style ― and often with words ― unlike those I typically use in my own writing. And even more remarkable, I have never felt a need for significant editing."

What do you think of this interesting process?

I myself have read many spiritual books over the years, including teachings by Neale Donald Walsch, Ramana Maharshi, Eckhart Tolle, Byron Katie, and others. I appreciated that this book not only resonated with me like the best spiritual books I've read before, but that it did so in such a positive way! Plus, the writing is so clear and immediately accessible.

I recommend this book to everyone, whether you've read many spiritual books or none at all.

http://www.lessonsfromthesource.com

Lessons from the Source A Spiritual Guidebook for Navigating Life's Journey by Jack Armstrong

message 2: by Starr (new)

Starr | 183 comments Mod
You know I've heard from other spiritual authors say that it's almost like they channel information when they write. It makes sense to me from what I've heard from those who meditate often. You hear better when your mind is still and are able to follow your intuition and spiritual guides better. This book by Jack Armstrong sounds really interesting.

message 3: by Myra (new)

Myra | 19 comments Yes, I think this is a legitimate psychic ability - amazing! I just finished reading "Everyone is Psychic" by Elizabeth Fuller. Great book on meditation, psychometry, remote viewing, and telepathy, as well as other things. Have any of you read "There is a River" by Thomas Sugrue about Edgar Cayce's life?

message 4: by Starr (new)

Starr | 183 comments Mod
My mom has read quite a bit of Edgar Cayce, but I have been afraid to read his work, because she seemed so confused by it. Some spiritual authors are more heady than others, so it would be interesting to read what someone else has written about him and his work.

I'm not so hot with psychometry. I think it goes back to needing to still my mind.

message 5: by Myra (new)

Myra | 19 comments Actually, the cool thing about Cayce's biography by Thomas Sugrue is that it tells what his readings said, not necessarily Cayce's take on it (other than the fact that he was completely blown away by what his readings said about reincarnation - as he grew up a conservative Christian). I think you'd really enjoy it. Your local library probably has a copy. I have not really been able to tap into my psychic abilities so I don't know what to think about psychometry, etc., but I'd love it if I could tap into this and therby become a channel for God's love.