Happily Ever After Book Club discussion

Book & Poll Discussions > December 2012 - Book Choices

Comments (showing 1-22 of 22) (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kathy (last edited Nov 25, 2012 03:41PM) (new)

Kathy * Bookworm Nation | 629 comments Mod
Hello all,
I'm trying to put together some choices for our December book. I thought it'd be fun to have a holiday theme. I have a few in mind, but I'm still looking for some suggestions. What are your favorite holiday reads? I'll put the poll up in a couple of days.

Here are a few I had in mind...

Snowed Over by Angie Stanton ($2.99)
The Knight Before Christmas by Diane Darcy (not out yet, I'm hoping it will be soon)
Mistletoe Mischief by Sandra Heath (3.99)
Dashing Through the Snow by Diane Farr ($.99)
Miss Davenports Christmas by MC Beaton ($4.79)

Free Christmas Books
White Christmas by Emma Lee-Porter
The Holiday Bride by Ginny Baird
Forever Christmas by Christine Lynxwiler

message 2: by Kathy (new)

Would anyone want to read Masquerade, which was originally published in 2001 Masquerade? It's not a holiday read, but it's a cute story. I read the original version and plan on reading the revised version soon. It's on sale for $2.99 right now on Amazon.

message 3: by Teryn (new)

Teryn | 120 comments I loved that book!

message 4: by Jessie (new)

Jessie | 191 comments I was going to suggest it too. Definitely a fun read, but not Christmasy!

message 5: by Kathy (new)

I'll add it to the poll as our non-Christmassy option.

message 6: by Katie (new)

Katie W | 187 comments Mod
I loved Masquerade and wouldn't be opposed to reading a Christmas story in December and that one in January. :)

message 7: by Deborah (new)

Deborah | 166 comments Mod
I am with Katie, I think a Christmas one in December and Masquerade in Jan. I really kind of want to read A Knight Before Christmas(as long as it's not to expensive!)

message 8: by Kathy (new)

I didn't think of that, I think that's a great idea. I'll add it to January's picks, I was already brainstorming and that would be a good choice.

I would totally LOVE to read A Knight Before Christmas too, I just have no idea when it is even going to be released. Her books are all under $4 to , which is nice.

message 9: by Jessie (new)

Jessie | 191 comments I want a Knight Before Christmas too! Any way we can petition it's release? ;)

message 10: by Kathy (new)

I emailed Diane Darcy to see if she has a release date for The Knight Before Christmas. Hopefully she will get back to me, if it comes out in time then I'll update our poll. I think that'd be a fun one for December, so hopefully it will be coming out soon!

message 11: by Teryn (new)

Teryn | 120 comments Thank you for all the work you do in arranging this.

message 12: by Deborah (new)

Deborah | 166 comments Mod
I second, Teryn! Kath, you are amazing!

message 13: by Katie (new)

Katie W | 187 comments Mod
I agree!!! Thanks, Kathy!!!! This is a lot of fun and you're so sweet to arrange it all. You have a lot of great ideas for books too. :)

message 14: by Marisa (new)

Marisa Adams (Marisa_Adams) | 10 comments I agree too!!! Thanks, Kathy.

message 15: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn (Kahumokuohana) | 36 comments I agree too. Thank you Kathy. I haven't participated before but I'm going to in Dec and I'm excited about it. :)

message 16: by Kathy (new)

Aww, thanks guys! So, I have good and bad news. The good news is originally The Knight Before Christmas was going to be a novella, but now it will be a full-length novel. Bad news, it won't be out before Christmas. We'll have to have it as our book choice some other month.

message 17: by Beth (new)

Beth Fred (goodreadscomBeth) | 11 comments I think both The Holiday Bride and Forever Christmas sound cute. But I'll read what everyone picks.

message 18: by Sharon (new)

Sharon | 81 comments I agree with Beth I will just read whatever you guys pick. I am always looking for new material. But I can never find the good stuff with out a recommendation. I would suggest Latin Lover by Marcia McClure but the book was supposed to be out on the 16th of November. But still hasn't released. Sorry I have issues when that happens. My bad!!!!

message 19: by Kathy (new)

Sharon- I wanted that one too, but when I saw it still wasn't out I decided not to list it. Maybe when it does come out we can have it for one of our choices. You can never go wrong with a McClure book!

message 20: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn (Kahumokuohana) | 36 comments I think Dashing Through the Snow, Miss Davenports Christmas, The Holiday Bride and Forever Christmas all sound really cute.

message 21: by Jessie (new)

Jessie | 191 comments Kathy wrote: "Aww, thanks guys! So, I have good and bad news. The good news is originally The Knight Before Christmas was going to be a novella, but now it will be a full-length novel. Bad news, it won't be out ..."

You're right, that is bad news, but also very good news. Thanks for checking. I can't wait to read it!

message 22: by Sharon (new)

Sharon | 81 comments I vote for Snowed Over.