A Pokemon's Life discussion

Comments (showing 1-31 of 31) (31 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cheree (new)

Cheree (Kumikoko) | 129 comments Mod
The Swamp is home to many Pokemon.

Beware the mud! It traps Pokemon constantly, and causes them to sink.

✿❀ Moongeist❀✿ (MoonstruckBlossom) ((I'm going to start on how Ice Heart got here. :3))

The sky was dark, and the winds howled in the night. Somewhere in the air, a single Pokeball was being thrown in every direction by the wind, until a powerful last gust flung it into the ground, breaking the Pokeball into pieces. A Glaceon, unable to hold on to the muddy ground, was blown into the swamp. She flailed her paws, trying to swim out, but the mud and her panic made her sink, much to her terror.

((Is that long enough? =3))

message 3: by Cheree (new)

The atrocious weather worsened as the seconds ticked by. The wind grew stronger, as rain started pouring from the sky making the ground slippery. A Snivy was struggling to hold on rocks and trees, her grip continuously slipping, the harsh wind causing her to fly further and further away from the forest, landing her in the swamp. The swamp's mud was thicker and wetter tonight, making it dangerous to walk in. She held on to a tree branch for dear life as her body swayed in the air, a victim to the harsh weather.

Strength wasn't Snivy's strong point and although she enjoyed rain from time to time, the hurricane winds did not agree with her in the least and to make matters worse, her scales were soaking wet, with mud spraying on to them. As she lost her grip she landed on her bottom, on some very wet but muddy grass. Pure annoyance ran through her.

The huge trees of the swamp were blocking some of the harsh wind so she wasn't at risk of flying away like a small child now but it still took a lot of strength to stay on her feet. It didn't take long for her to notice a Glaceon stuck in the mud. A huge gust of wind threatened her balance and instinctively, she shot out a long, green vine to wrap around a tree branch and held on tightly.

The other vine wrapped around the sinking Glaceon's paw, and with a huge amount of strength, Snivy pulled backwards, trying to pull the Glaceon out of the mud. Whether she could do this successfully or not was a mystery because the Glaceon was bigger then her, especially with the mud weighing her down, and adding the fact that this Snivy in particular lacked strength.

( You can decide if Snivy is successful or not )

✿❀ Moongeist❀✿ (MoonstruckBlossom) The Glaceon quickly held onto the vine with her other paw, doing anything she could to stop herself from sinking anymore. She could only hold on tighter as she felt herself sink further. She kicked her back legs to help Snivy pull, but the mud was making her kicking laggy. The Glaceon lifted her head as much as she could to delay her head going under, and hoped for the best...

((Can you, please? xD))

message 5: by Mintcat (new)

Mintcat Unbeknownst to the two, a castform was just hovering above the scene. In rainy form, he was creating this storm. Even though castform didn't see the duo below, he changed into sunny form. Suddenly, the sun shone onto the land. Delaying Glaceon from sinking.

message 6: by Cheree (new)

( Okay. I didn't want to Power Play or anything. xD;)

Summer, the Snivy, groaned with the effort of trying to keep herself on two feet, and pull the Glaceon up. Her feet were slipping fast and a single thought occured to her. If she evolved, she would be stronger and then...but no! What if her evolution was ugly? No, no. She couldn't risk losing her image. She did wish briefly that Kumiko was around to give her something to raise her attack stat, but the girl wasn't.

Another thought occured to her. This was supposed to be a vacation, wasn't it? And here she was, doing what could be considered, "physical labor." If the other Pokemon saw her now, they'd roll their eyes and look down on her. This thought infuriated her. The fact they were stronger, and could do this...while she was struggling bothered her.

It was the pure annoyance that ended up giving her strength, and with a huge pull, she pulled the Glaceon free of the mud.

✿❀ Moongeist❀✿ (MoonstruckBlossom) Glaceon coughed some muddy water, and kicked with all the strength she had. Because of the sunny weather, the mud had loosened, allowing Glaceon to climb out of the swamp, gasping for breath.

message 8: by Cheree (new)

(Oh, duh, Summer could have used Sunny Day, huh? :'/ My bad. But, you're implying the harsh weather did change to Sunny weather, right? )

The sudden change in weather was shocking and made Summer realize that she could have changed the weather herself. She was beginning to wonder if she was lost without her trainer. She panted, retracting her vines and wiped some sweat off her brow.

"Are you okay?" Summer asked, looking exhausted.

message 9: by Cheree (new)

( Oh, sorry, I didn't see your post Purplemintcat. My Bad. Sorry. xDD;;; I get it now :'3 )

✿❀ Moongeist❀✿ (MoonstruckBlossom) "There's..." The Glaceon coughed, falling to the ground. The storm, the memory of flying out of sight from her trainer- she was having a heart attack! Glaceon moaned in pain, feeling the burning in her chest.

message 11: by Cheree (new)

Summer looked into the sky to see a Castform flying by. She realized that the Castform is what saved them. The extra strength Summer had gained in that last moment was not from irritation, or a willingness to become stronger, it was actually the sunlight that Castform provided that had strengthened her. She smiled at the Castform and then looked to Glaceon who seemed to have collapsed.

Summer jumped back a little in shock. "What's wrong?" Summer asked.

She had no idea of how to help the Glaceon. She knew something was wrong, but not what. Knowing wouldn't help though, because she had no healing moves or items with her.

✿❀ Moongeist❀✿ (MoonstruckBlossom) "P-Pokemon...Center..." The Glaceon begged, her eyes watering with pain. She had no idea where she was, and that only made her panic more. Glaceon shut her eyes, trying to imagine herself with her trainer, but her chest burned so much she couldn't keep the image, even for a Pokemon actress like herself, trying to be calm while having a heart attack isn't easy. At all.

message 13: by Cheree (new)

Summer knew there was no Pokemon Center close by, if there was one at all. No human building would be located in a swamp. She tried to list in her mind all of the attacks she could perform, not wanting to forget one that might be vital like Sunny Day. It still hurt her pride that she hadn't thought of it first. She did wonder what the Castform was doing though.

She looked over as a Pokemon came out from behind a tree. It was a Pikachu. Lucillia flicked her ear as she approached cautiously. She didn't know what was going on but the emotion of distress had led her here.

"What's going on?" She asked. Summer shook her head. "I don't know. She's in pain though." Summer replied.

Lucillia looked at Glaceon, noting how her sleek body shook a lot and the way she groaned.

"Therapy shock!" Lucillia shouted happily, and the electricity that coursed inside of her gathered into the round patches of red fur on her cheeks and she aimed the electricity at Glaceon.

( The idea is that a shocking jolt will disrupt the hearts current state, so that it may return to normal. Whether the electricity hits Glaceon is up to you and whether it helps her or not is up to you as well )

✿❀ Moongeist❀✿ (MoonstruckBlossom) ((I g2g, I'll respond later))

message 15: by Cheree (new)

( Kay )

✿❀ Moongeist❀✿ (MoonstruckBlossom) ((I'm back! :3))

The sudden jolt of electricity helped Glaceon's heart speed back to normal. Her eyes opened in a flash. "...Huh? W-where am I...?" She looked around, seeing the marsh. Glaceon winced as she remembered her Pokeball being blown far away from her trainer in the storm.

message 17: by Cheree (new)

Lucillia jumped up and flailed her arms out in a victory dance. "Therapy shock always works." She grinned and flicked her tail.

Summer thought for a moment. "I think its called Legend Island. Strong Pokemon are often dropped here for a few months after their trainers are recognized as champions." Summer replied, trying to resist the urge to check to see if she hurt herself at all. It was more of a vain urge though, to make sure no scale was out of place.

✿❀ Moongeist❀✿ (MoonstruckBlossom) "I was blown here by the storm. I was resting with my trainer, and we saw this huge hurricane. My trainer re-called me back into my Pokeball, but the winds got too high for her to hold on..." Glaceon explained.

message 19: by Cheree (new)

Summer and Lucillia listened patiently.

"That could be a problem. The ship with the humans probably left already." Lucillia said with wide, worried eyes and flailed her arms a little.

Summer nodded. "The next ship won't arrive for a couple months. I'm afraid you might be stuck here until then." Summer explained.

✿❀ Moongeist❀✿ (MoonstruckBlossom) "Are you serious?" Glaceon's ears dropped, and she hung her head. "My trainer doesn't even know where I am... so I will probably be stuck here even longer..."

message 21: by Cheree (new)

Summer shook her head. "My trainer would gladly help you find your trainer. She's not the brightest, but her boyfriend is a gym leader who in turn can help. They're good people." Summer said.

Lucillia nodded. "Yup, mine can help too." She smiled, flicking her tail.

✿❀ Moongeist❀✿ (MoonstruckBlossom) "Are they still on the island?" Glaceon asked. "But why would to leave your trainers to be on the island? I never even heard of this place. Is it like a reward of some kind?"

message 23: by Cheree (new)

Summer nodded once while Lucillia nodded a few times in a row.

"Its a vacation Island for Pokemon." Lucillia beamed brightly.

"They bring us here willingly to give us a new experience in life. An adventure without them. To make friends, to mate." Summer shrugged.

✿❀ Moongeist❀✿ (MoonstruckBlossom) "Hm..." Glaceon looked around the muddy swamp. "Not a very good place for a vacation, is it?"

((Sorry about the short post, but I'm getting tired, it's hard to think. xD))

message 25: by Cheree (new)

Summer blinked, then nodded. "I think there's nicer area's around." Summer said. "The human with the loud voice and fancy clothes said the island is to have any habitat we so desire so they must be around somewhere." Summer said as something caught Lucillia's interest and she padded off in a seemingly random direction.

✿❀ Moongeist❀✿ (MoonstruckBlossom) "Can we go somewhere less muddy? I think I've had enough mud for one day." Glaceon asked, and picked a nearby leaf to wipe the mud off of herself with.

message 27: by Cheree (new)

"I agree." Summer said and looked around. It was hard to tell which direction they should go in because everything looked the same. "I think I flew from that direction." Summer said and pointed to the East. She turned and started walking towards the East.

✿❀ Moongeist❀✿ (MoonstruckBlossom) "I hope it gets nicer up ahead..." Glaceon half sighed, following Summer, thinking of what the rest of the island would be like. Was it pretty? Was it big? Did it have fruit on the trees? Was there a good place for ice types?

message 29: by Cheree (new)

Summer personally wanted to find an area with more sun and water, wanting to restore her energy and clean herself, then admire herself vainly for awhile. She was conscious though that Glaceon might want to look for a more wintery type place.

"Ooh. We can wash off there." Summer said and pointed to sand up ahead, where she knew would be a beach. She walked on to the sand, feeling the warmth beneath her feet. If nothing else they could wash the mud off.

✿❀ Moongeist❀✿ (MoonstruckBlossom) Glaceon's eyes glittered with happiness when she saw the white sand. She ran over to it, watching her her paw marks in the sand behind her. Glaceon leaped into the water, letting herself go fully under, and burst her head out, enjoying the nice cool feel of it.

message 31: by Cheree (new)

( Now we change over to the beach where I will post )