YA Paranormal and Fantasy Book lovers discussion

HOT GUY DEBATE!!!! > Peeta vs. Gale

Comments (showing 1-24 of 24) (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ali (new)

Ali  | 5 comments Which is better for Katniss?

message 2: by Ali (new)

Ali  | 5 comments Peeta all the way!!!!! :P

message 3: by Juliann (new)

Juliann Whicker | 47 comments Gale's cuter. I watched the movie last night, and please. Who cast Peeta so small? I think Peeta definitely is the opposite of Katniss, which is good for her. Too hard and cold does not work as well:)

message 4: by Pamela (new)

Pamela (WaterSpout) I think Gale is better. In the books, Katniss's feeling for Peeta felt forced and not real. Like Suzanne Collins placed them together just to please the fans.

message 5: by Lauryn (new)

Lauryn April (LaurynApril) | 6 comments Gale would have been perfect for her had she not gone through the games with Peta, but the games changed her and they were something traumatic that she went through with Peta. That experience was something she could never really share with Gale. So in the end I have to say Peta.

message 6: by Haley (new)

Haley | 1 comments I really wanted her to be with Gale when I began the series, then she was sent off with Peeta. I still cheered for Gale for a bit but it was obvious the boy with the bread would win.... Then Gale got jealous and mean and I saw him for who he truly was. The third book turned me off completely. His inhumane action broke my heart and I haven't seen him in the same light since. Peeta all the way. Katniss needs someone light to balance out her stronger tendencies. Plus, I really love Peeta! <3

message 7: by Melissa (new)

Melissa  (Vampirelovermel3) | 2 comments Peeta <3 I just believe he was right for katniss from the start as soon as he got up on the stage and said that he loved her. Gale was there for her and it was obvious he liked her, if he wanted her so much he should of tried harder to get her. I like gale, but what peeta says throughout the books makes me like him so much more :)

message 8: by Juliann (new)

Juliann Whicker | 47 comments Haley wrote: "I really wanted her to be with Gale when I began the series, then she was sent off with Peeta. I still cheered for Gale for a bit but it was obvious the boy with the bread would win.... Then Gale g..."
I agree.

It was obvious when Gale was vengeful that he wasn't the right guy for
Katniss, not when she was the protector of innocents, whatever their District.

message 9: by S.L.J. (new)

S.L.J. (SammySLJ) | 5 comments I agree with this. :P

Honest Trailers: The Hunger Games

°☆.。.:*・Arianna°☆.。.:*・ (WeresvsVamps) Msvampirate18 wrote: "Peeta all the way!!!!! :P"
Hell yah! Peeta is so much better for her! X)

message 11: by Lela (new)

Lela Acron (AnonLeeLee) | 6 comments I'm biased because of the end. Peeta all the way.

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Peeta all the way. <3

message 13: by Lanell (new)

Lanell Horton (Hortonsgirl4Life) | 21 comments Peeta for sure!

message 14: by Priyana (new)

Priyana (crashnebula) | 2 comments I feel like I just need to say that while Gale DID have a chance he never came back at the end of Mockingjay. Plus, Peeta is sooooo much cuter!

message 15: by Tya (new)

Tya | 13 comments I agree 100% with Haley. In the beginning of the series I wanted Katniss with Gale. For me, Peeta didn't really know Katniss. He hadn't spent any time with her. He was just some guy with a crush. But then, The Games happened. And what someone else has already said, but I don't see anymore :/ Gale may have liked Katniss in the beginning, but he didn't fight for her and the games changed Katniss. The Rebellion changed Gale and not for the better. What he did? The consequences of it? I have never been able to look at him the same way. And when he went on to have a happy and successful life while Katniss is living in District 12 shattered(although eventually she gets her happily ever after with Peeta)? Nope. If Gale cared about her at all, even as just a friend, then he would have been there after all that she's been through. The absolute worse of which was HIS FAULT.
Oh hi there, tangent. Peeta, he's awesome.

message 16: by Annabelle (new)

Annabelle (hazeleyedasian) | 11 comments Tya wrote: "I agree 100% with Haley. In the beginning of the series I wanted Katniss with Gale. For me, Peeta didn't really know Katniss. He hadn't spent any time with her. He was just some guy with a crush. B..."

Valid point. At the beginning, I was Team Gale all the way and I really wanted her with Gale for a good portion of even Catching Fire. But all in all, Peeta cares for Katniss so much more, even if they don't relate in the same way that Gale does with Katniss. I just wish Suzanne Collins would've told us what happened to Gale after Peeta married Katniss!

message 17: by Tya (new)

Tya | 13 comments I thought she did (it could have been a fanfiction though...I do love my fanfic) I'm pretty sure in the books though, Gale moves to one of the other districts and becomes pretty successful. I want to say that because of the bomb he built he becomes an engineer or something. Suzanne doesn't go into as much detail into what happened to Gale but I always assumed it was a deliberate choice. Gale and Katniss lost touch after the war. Especially since, even though he had tragedies happen (it was a war, everyone had tragedies)he managed to move on. Katniss was broken. For awhile. And I would think even if Katniss was capable of reaching out to Gale (I don't think she would have been) he would have felt to guilty to push for the friendship too continue--especially if he still had feelings for Katniss at the end of the series. And as awesome as Peeta was I don't see him pushing for Katniss to remain friends with the guy who had feelings for her, that she maybe had feelings for at one point in time and who ultimately was the cause of her sisters death.
And since Im on this little tangent I'll say these two things that I always think of when I think of this series: 1. Rue. Ruuuuuuuuueeeeeee!!! and 2. Katniss has a horrible mom. Just plain horrible.

message 18: by Annabelle (new)

Annabelle (hazeleyedasian) | 11 comments That makes sense. I haven't read the series in awhile, so maybe she actually did! I just remember it didn't resolve anything with Gale in the movie... q: But yay, good for Gale!
That's true though... If Gale really, truly cared enough, he would've been there for her and tried to help her through things. Peeta's really the better choice for Katniss, then, huh?
LOL Katniss' mom is awful! c': But Katniss herself isn't so great, actually... Sparknotes has a great article on it, actually. It's pretty funny c':
http://www.sparknotes.com/mindhut/201...

message 19: by Tya (new)

Tya | 13 comments I immediately ran off and read the article and I think I mostly agree with the commenters. I don't think Katniss is a terrible protagnist, is she the best? No. But I think thats what makes her great.

message 20: by Annabelle (new)

Annabelle (hazeleyedasian) | 11 comments Tya wrote: "I immediately ran off and read the article and I think I mostly agree with the commenters. I don't think Katniss is a terrible protagnist, is she the best? No. But I think thats what makes her great."

It's a great article, huh? I neglected to read the comments, though, I need to do that... Katniss definitely got on my nerves at times, so I was glad to finally see someone that understood! I couldn't quite put my finger on why, but this explained it all an awful lot. But that's true. She's a different protagonist, it makes her special.

message 21: by Lilly (new)

Lilly Herondale (MrsLillyHerondaleShreave) | 3 comments People are so hung up on the stupid fact that Katniss and Gale were best friends. It didn't matter. She belonged with Peeta

message 22: by David (new)

David Chambelrin | 2 comments Peeta is the best choice he is so cute :D

message 23: by Cheyenne (new)

Cheyenne Belongs with Peeta. All the way. :)

message 24: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarahx) | 4 comments i love both. I CAN'T CHOOSE !!!