The Lost Challenges discussion

Archives - Team Scavenger Hunt > R4: Team 6~The Sixie Chix

Comments (showing 1-50 of 325) (325 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

message 1: by Dawn (Kat N Hat) (last edited Nov 28, 2012 01:56PM) (new)

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (KatNHat) Team 6: The Sixie Chix
Captain: Pat

Members:

JenniferJ
Alley
Pat
★Meghan★
Suzanne

message 2: by Dawn (Kat N Hat) (last edited Jan 07, 2013 01:17PM) (new)

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (KatNHat) 9/32

Items:
Week 2: Bone 12/13/12
Week 1: Tie 12/17
Week 3: Sunshine 12/20
.............Emergency Vehicle
Week 4: Boots 12/30
.............Fruit
Week 5: Bike 1/6
.............Glasses
.............Tail

Week 6: Eyes

message 3: by Dawn (Kat N Hat) (last edited Nov 27, 2012 10:28AM) (new)

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (KatNHat) Here is the link to the game spreadsheet.

message 4: by PepperP0t (new)

PepperP0t  | 1369 comments hey ladies! -- checkin' in

message 5: by ★Meghan★ (new)

★Meghan★ (starinheaven) Hi all!!!! I am checking in. New to the game and excited. May need some newbie help from you all though :)

message 6: by PepperP0t (last edited Nov 25, 2012 09:47AM) (new)

PepperP0t  | 1369 comments hey Meghan, we're just waiting for the others. I played last round and it was fun.

we'll need to name our team and choose a captain, then it will be down to reading business. just ask your questions when they come to you - we'll help.

message 7: by Alley (new)

Alley (Alleycatfish) Hi everyone! Looking forward to the start of this super fun challenge.

message 8: by PepperP0t (new)

PepperP0t  | 1369 comments hey Alley -- teammates again!

message 9: by Alley (new)

Alley (Alleycatfish) Hi Pat! Hopefully we'll win this time!

Anyone have any name ideas? I'm drawing a blank.

message 10: by PepperP0t (new)

PepperP0t  | 1369 comments right now so am I. i guess i'll sent a message to jennifer maybe she didn't get the note that the teams are up

message 11: by Alley (new)

Alley (Alleycatfish) The only ones I have come up with are 'The Scintillating SIX' and 'The SIXie Chicks'. I'm not super fond of either.

message 12: by JenniferJ (new)

JenniferJ | 0 comments Hey ya'll! I'm super duper thrilled to be here and ready to git this party started! Nothing is coming to me on a team name though. Look forward to playing with you all!

message 13: by PepperP0t (last edited Nov 26, 2012 04:24AM) (new)

PepperP0t  | 1369 comments hey Jennifer, I was gonna send you a note and got distracted. We keep ending up on the same teams.

Alley I hink the names are cute and I have no ideas so I'd go along with either, but the Sixie Chicks makes me laff.

in addition to a name we have to come up with a captain. any takers? I'll do it if no one else wants it

message 14: by JenniferJ (new)

JenniferJ | 0 comments Pat I would be thrilled to have you be captain! Yea we do keep getting paired together but we gonna win this time! ;)

"Six"sational Slayers is all I could think of. I am horrid with names lol

message 15: by PepperP0t (new)

PepperP0t  | 1369 comments Alley, Meghan, iput please ladies

I like both the Sixsatioal Slayers and the Sixie Chicks (except of course i'd say Chix)

message 16: by Alley (new)

Alley (Alleycatfish) I'm fine with you as the captain, Pat!

As for the names, why not do some eeny meeny miney moe to choose them?

message 17: by ★Meghan★ (new)

★Meghan★ (starinheaven) I am okay with Pat as captain!

I am fine with either name...I kind of like Sixie Chix.

Sixy and Sassy is about all I can think of for now for a name...

message 18: by ★Meghan★ (new)

★Meghan★ (starinheaven) Do you guys recommend having books picked out for the challenge already? Or is it better/more fun to pick as you go?

message 19: by Dawn (Kat N Hat) (new)

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (KatNHat) ★Meghan★ wrote: "Do you guys recommend having books picked out for the challenge already? Or is it better/more fun to pick as you go?"

Everyone has their own prefrence. Things work differently for everyone. I reccomend looking for items you think will be hard to find in the type of books you read. And claiming them early. It isn't so hard in the begining but when you get down to only needing our items you want to be able to find them in the same book.

And the thing about picking ahead is you never know what will be called. You will only read 8-12 books for this not 32. I guess it factors into how organized you are.

message 20: by PepperP0t (last edited Nov 26, 2012 05:58PM) (new)

PepperP0t  | 1369 comments i have mine selected already from books i've been wanting to read and haven't gotten to. that way i don't spend time looking for a book when i have other challenges i'm entered in as well. hopefully i can use the same book for more than one. also it helps if another teammate has a problem i can help out

message 21: by JenniferJ (new)

JenniferJ | 0 comments Last round which was my first I had stacks and stacks of books trying to match them up to words and I only ended up using maybe 2 if that many out of any that I had set aside. I did better just working on the fly.

It's gonna work differently for everybody though. You just have to see what works out best for you. For this round I just mainly took the few words I thought may be a bit harder for me and tried to find books for those.

message 22: by PepperP0t (last edited Nov 27, 2012 10:15AM) (new)

PepperP0t  | 1369 comments ok, I'll go on with me as captain as you guys said and we will be the Sixie Chix -- advising Dawn now.

message 23: by Dawn (Kat N Hat) (new)

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (KatNHat) Since the game hasn't officially started I am adding one more player to your team. Suzanne, should be around to check in soon.

Good luck gals!

message 24: by JenniferJ (new)

JenniferJ | 0 comments Welcome Suzanne!

message 25: by ★Meghan★ (new)

★Meghan★ (starinheaven) Hey Suzanne!

message 26: by PepperP0t (new)

PepperP0t  | 1369 comments Thanks Dawn, I'll send Suzanne a note tomorrow if she hasn't checked in.

message 27: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne (esmerelda1) | 1123 comments Hello! Thanks for letting me join in at the last minute! I played the last round and it was a lot of fun!

message 28: by PepperP0t (new)

PepperP0t  | 1369 comments great to have you Suzanne

message 29: by ★Meghan★ (last edited Nov 29, 2012 03:31PM) (new)

★Meghan★ (starinheaven) All right. Quick question. Are slight variations okay? So for instance... for snow, would snows, snowy, snowing work? Or would something like snow-capped work?

message 30: by PepperP0t (new)

PepperP0t  | 1369 comments Meghan, Dawn has said that slight variations are ok on the discussion link.

message 31: by Dawn (Kat N Hat) (last edited Nov 29, 2012 05:57PM) (new)

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (KatNHat) Yes, Pat and Meghan variations are ok. As long as the meaning is still the same.

The cops were tailing us, is not the same as a tail.

But something like she toed the line is a figurative refrence to a toe so it would work.

He looked at her from hooded eyes is not an article of clothing or a refrence to the clothing, so it wouldn't work either.

message 32: by ★Meghan★ (new)

★Meghan★ (starinheaven) Sounds good thanks! I am just working on collecting a couple of books.

message 33: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne (esmerelda1) | 1123 comments First Item Annouced!

Week 1: 11/30/12

Clothing- Tie

message 34: by JenniferJ (last edited Nov 30, 2012 08:15AM) (new)

JenniferJ | 0 comments Woohooo and we're off!

I'm going to be reading Hunk for the Holidays by Katie Lane

message 35: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne (esmerelda1) | 1123 comments I'm going to read Magic Slays by Ilona Andrews:

Items:
Tie:
"I hit him in the throat a couple of times to make sure he stayed quiet, flipped him on his stomach, yanked a plastic tie from my pocket, and tied his hands together."
Snow: "The vampire squatted in the snow."
Tail: "Donkeys brayed, horses whipped themselves with their tails, and a variety of odd vehicles belched, sneezed, and rattled, polluting the air with noise and gasoline fumes."
Paper: "I took out a pad of paper and a pen."

message 36: by Dawn (Kat N Hat) (new)

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (KatNHat) Suzanne wrote: "I'm going to read Magic Slays by Ilona Andrews:

Items:
Tie: "I hit him in the throat a couple of times to make sure he stayed quiet, flipped him on his stomach, yanked a plastic tie from my pocket..."

Just FYI Suzanne it has to be an article of clothing type tie. Something normally worn as clothing, generally around the neck. I wouldn't consider plastic zip ties as clothing. In your example they are replacing handcuffs, which are not comparable to a clothing tie.

message 37: by Alley (new)

Alley (Alleycatfish) I will be reading Hunting Fear by Kay Hooper for tie.

message 38: by ★Meghan★ (new)

★Meghan★ (starinheaven) I will let you all know my pick over the next couple of days. I am still putting together my list of books...

message 39: by PepperP0t (last edited Nov 30, 2012 03:21PM) (new)

PepperP0t  | 1369 comments sorry ladies. of all things working late on Friday!
I'm gona read No Werewolves Allowed (Night Tracker, #2) by Cheyenne McCray and it looks like Mehgan is the only one still looking for a book, Ill check on her and happy reading all.

message 40: by ★Meghan★ (last edited Nov 30, 2012 06:28PM) (new)

★Meghan★ (starinheaven) All right I have chosen Alphas (Alphas, #1) by Lisi Harrison for my book for 'tie'.

Tie: "Charlie Deery loosened her metallic tie and began fanning her flushing cheeks."
Rainbow:"'Ohmuhgod,' she gasped, noticing the high-def rainbow ahead."
Tail: "Her lips tingled and her heart swayed like a puppy wagging its tail."
Musical Instrument: "'No, this is my clarinet.'"

Let me know if this is good and I will start reading probably sometime tomorrow night.

message 41: by PepperP0t (new)

PepperP0t  | 1369 comments ★Meghan★ wrote: "All right I have chosen Alphas (Alphas, #1) by Lisi Harrison for my book for 'tie'.

Tie: "Charlie Deery loosened her metallic tie and began fanning her flushing cheeks."
Rainbow:"'Ohmuhgod,' she gasped, not..."

looks like you've got the hang of it Meghan!

message 42: by JenniferJ (new)

JenniferJ | 0 comments Meghan said "Let me know if this is good and I will start reading probably sometime tomorrow night."

You go girl! You got the hang of it! :)

message 43: by PepperP0t (new)

PepperP0t  | 1369 comments everybody remember that tie is an article of clothing, as in suit & tie.

Suzanne that may affect your choice.

message 44: by Alley (new)

Alley (Alleycatfish) And I'm changing my book to 2 Bodies For The Price Of 1 by Stephanie Bond.

message 45: by JenniferJ (new)

JenniferJ | 0 comments I'm almost done reading my book. It's so good! If hubby would leave me alone I might be done by now but I think because of the hunky feller on the cover I am getting called to run more errands than usual! hmmmmm LOL

message 46: by Dawn (Kat N Hat) (new)

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (KatNHat) I have a theory about that. The hotter the cover the higher the interuption rate. Some how they even know if I am reading on the kindle.

message 47: by JenniferJ (new)

JenniferJ | 0 comments LOL you got that right Dawn!

message 48: by PepperP0t (new)

PepperP0t  | 1369 comments No Werewolves Allowed (Night Tracker, #2) by Cheyenne McCray
completed 12/2 -- 4stars (3.75actually)
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/83...

Items Claimed:
APC had been a suit-and-tie organization, where the men were considered professional businessmen from a variety of careers. (Pg 125)
Mist from the waterfall dampened my skin when we reached the edge of the pool and Adam stopped us. (Pg 151)
And a tail--like Satan. (Pg 8)
You have to admit it's amazing what those Shifters can do with a guitar or bass, I said. (Pg 22)

message 49: by PepperP0t (new)

PepperP0t  | 1369 comments how are you ladies doing on your books?

message 50: by Alley (new)

Alley (Alleycatfish) I should be finished with mine tomorrow.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7