The Book Club discussion

Difficulty Reading

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Heather (new)

Heather (Heather108) | 3 comments I have just started reading this book to be better prepared for joinging this book club. I am finding it difficult to read and understand half of what I am reading. Is anyone else having issues with the way this book reads?

message 2: by Aileen (new)

Aileen (dahlia22273) | 2 comments I know I am the last person you want responding to you (since we sit right next to each other at work and discuss this book all day--BUT I am actually finding I am getting used to the broken english style of writing. I am still moving at a slower pace than I am used to, but it is getting somewhat easier to read.

I'm going back to work now.....

message 3: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 3 comments Mod
Welcome to the book club!
It is a challenging book. The kind you would need to read parts multiple times and some parts slowly.

message 4: by Kristin (new)

Kristin | 4 comments I'm having a pretty tough time with this book. For the first time, I may not finish it in time for book club. Please don't let it scare you away from us. We do our best to rotate the type of books we read, so we'll do something you like soon I'm sure.

message 5: by Laura (new)

Laura | 1 comments You all make me feel better...I actually gave up on it as I just couldn't get into reading it at all. Kristin's right though...we read some great books that make up for the tougher ones. :)

message 6: by Alamelu Danek (new)

Alamelu  Danek | 1 comments Hello, I agree with Laura, I couldn't get into it at all, and finally gave up, even though I was sure it would eventually get to be interesting.