Bookworms discussion

Discussions > What is Love really?

Comments (showing 1-27 of 27) (27 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Awesome (new)

Awesome (Awesomme) | 40 comments I came across this quote today, “When love is not madness it is not love.”
― Pedro Calderón de la Barca

Do you believe in this quote? Do you think losing yourself in love is a gesture of true love? or do you consider madness in love a real madness and not very practical thing? Do you think passion like this burns down quickly?

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Nitika wrote: "I came across this quote today, “When love is not madness it is not love.”

Do you believe in this quote? Do you think losing yourself in love is a gesture of true lo..."

Any sort of madness is harmful. And in today's world getting mad in love is the best thing you can do to harm yourself.

We should always be practical, and be ready to face all and any problems we face. And, madness takes away this practical attitude!!!

message 3: by Neena (new)

Neena (I-am-addicted-to-reading) | 9758 comments Mod
How can you be practical and love at same time? When I love someone or something, I love with all my heart. I simply don't know how to love half heartedly, I just don't know any other way to love!!!!!!!!!!

message 4: by Mehaboobmunna (new)

Mehaboobmunna (-M13) Love comes in different forms. You don't want to hurt the ones you love

message 5: by Neena (new)

Sam wrote: "I think there is a fine line between madness and passion.
IMO passion is practical madness.

In today's world of instant gratification Love like most of the other emotions may burn down quite easi..."

I like what you said:`)

message 6: by Awesome (new)

Awesome (Awesomme) | 40 comments Anirban wrote: "Nitika wrote: "I came across this quote today, “When love is not madness it is not love.”

Do you believe in this quote? Do you think losing yourself in love is a ges..."

thats harsh!! that way you would never luv in ur life! wat a waste of life!

message 7: by Neena (new)

What Saurabh said I agree with that Nitika. But I did not take that quote's meaning as being literally mad in love. For me madness is when you love someone with all your heart and really accept the person the way he/she is. You don't try to change anything and acceptance speaks in your actions though necessarily not in words. That's how I see love. About passion, well that’s naturally there in every new relationship. But I don’t see that passion as the form of true love. For me true love starts only after this passion cools down and people are faced with real self of each other. For me love takes lots of time to develop but when it develops, it stays forever.

message 8: by Rahul Nath (new)

Rahul Nath (cultofpersonality) | 2406 comments Obviously the quote didn't mean madness as in insanity. But when you stop looking at love from a logical eye, THAT madness.

I don't think a question like what is love, or what is life can ever be answered with absolute certainty. It varies from person to person. But for ir ro be true love, you must feel it completely without any reservations. If you are looking out for your own interests and are in a relationship solely because it is good for you, that is not love. But I will say that one shouldn't sit back and do nothing when his/her personal interests are being harmed. Love with all your heart, but know when it is not working out.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Nitika wrote: "Anirban wrote: "Nitika wrote: "I came across this quote today, “When love is not madness it is not love.”

Do you believe in this quote? Do you think losing yourself ..."

No no, I never meant that LOVE in itself is BAD!!! What I meant was that, as Rahul said, Love with all your heart, but keep your MIND open, so that you can save your self when LOVE turns into HURT!!
And, for me, blind madness is something which separates us from the reality that we should always be ready to bail out when the SWEETNESS turns into something BITTER!!

message 10: by Rahul Nath (new)

Rahul Nath (cultofpersonality) | 2406 comments Yes, some people will continue being in a self-destructive relationship refusing to admit it's causing more harm than good. People need to learn to let go- both of your reservations when you are in love, and of the other person when you are completely sure he/she's not right for you.

It's never an easy decision to make though.

message 11: by Neena (new)

Yes Rahul exactly. Very hard to know if other person really deserves your love or no. It's like trial and error. And in case of error there.s so much heartache. There's fine line to draw between loving someone and at the same time keeping your own individuality. If love is mutual then it becomes easier in the long run.

message 12: by Bhavana (new)

Bhavana | 1065 comments whats love?
i think its a 7th sense which destroy all 6 senses of human and makes him/her nonsense :-P:-P:-P

message 13: by Neena (new)

Bhavana wrote: "whats love?
i think its a 7th sense which destroy all 6 senses of human and makes him/her nonsense :-P:-P:-P"

Bhavna thats the best one:D:D

message 14: by Meera (new)

Meera | 8305 comments Bhavana ,you nailed it :P:P

message 15: by Bhavana (new)

Bhavana | 1065 comments Meera wrote: "Bhavana ,you nailed it :P:P"

Neena wrote: "Bhavana wrote: "whats love?
i think its a 7th sense which destroy all 6 senses of human and makes him/her nonsense :-P:-P:-P"

Bhavna thats the best one:D:D"

hehehe thank u :P:P:P:D

message 16: by Bhavana (new)

Bhavana | 1065 comments @prince lolzz n its kinda black magic Jiske fail hone pe Koi na Koi to pka pgl ho jata he :-P:-P:-P

message 17: by Bhavana (new)

Bhavana | 1065 comments Hahaha ye b Sahi Kaha...
ye song right he Ghr bar najar nai ata sansar najar nai ata jab pyar hota he...lol

message 18: by Bhavana (new)

Bhavana | 1065 comments Hahaha even ek old song yad Aa rha he... choti si umar me lag gya rog kehte he log me mar jaungi :-D:-D

message 19: by Bhavana (new)

Bhavana | 1065 comments Lolzzzz esa daria jisme bade bade crocodiles he :-D

message 20: by Bhavana (new)

Bhavana | 1065 comments :-D:-D lol..

message 21: by Bhavana (new)

Bhavana | 1065 comments :):):):)

message 22: by Bhavana (new)

Bhavana | 1065 comments smiley competition ho rha he Kya...:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D :-D :-D :-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-P:-P:-P:-P:-P:-P:-P:-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-) Hahaha Hahaha Hahaha

message 23: by Bhavana (new)

Bhavana | 1065 comments i won Hahaha :-):-) :-D :-D :-D
:-P:-P :-P:-P:-P=-O XD XD :-):-(;-):-P=-O:-*B-)B-):-$:-!:-[O:-):-:-o_O:-/x-(:-|<3:-VXD:-Q:-@:-C:-O :-) :-( ;-) :-P :-D:-D:-:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D

message 24: by Bhavana (new)

Bhavana | 1065 comments k Gudnyt prince :-D
Tc.... :-D :-):-)

message 25: by Bhavana (new)

Bhavana | 1065 comments :):);):)

message 26: by Vinay (new)

Vinay Ghosh (vinayghose) | 10 comments Love is a gentle feeling that a person feels when he / she is deeply attached with some one with some kind of relationship like wife, girlfriend or finace. Scientists realizes that heart has some kind of Libido and it is related to Love. Even love is not defined scientifically but still all of us know that there is some kind of feeling called Love. My Shyvani

❄️ Propertea Of Frostea ❄️ Bitter SnoBerry ❄ (BerryNumey) I have an acrostic for "love" which I'll put up here...later.

Until then, all the other things I love aka life, my family, my friends, my animals, my books, my time, etc... are something I can't imagining living like a human without...I'd be a zombie.
I have a big hard door in my heart, not many enter, and if they do, there is no exit =)

Well...the other kind of love...forget it, there's isn't any in my life(yet :P)