The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1) The Hunger Games discussion


67 views
Am I the only one who doesn't like the plot?

Comments (showing 1-19 of 19) (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brooklyn (new)

Brooklyn I never read it, but my older sister did. The way I heard it, it sounded like teen age kids killed each other for the fun of it. I think it is WAY to violent and it is kind of weird how Katniss HAS to choose between the two guys. I mean why not just hang with both and see which one she likes after that!! And my sister said that it was well written but the plot wasn't. She also thought that the author shouldn't have continued the series. Am I the only one who doesn't think that the plot was okay? Any thoughts?


Leah I suggest you read the book.


Angie Elle Hmmm...I think your sister and I read two completely different books.

I'm with Leah. I suggest you read this book. I didn't love it, but it was an interesting read. Your sisters description of the book is inaccurate.


Molly Read the book! You would be surprised! It is really good! The author knows how to make you want to read more and more! She ends every single chapter in a cliff-hanger. It is a very good read!


Leah I'm not going to disclose my opinion or any key information about the book, but I do think you should read it.

And by the way, they are not killing each other 'for fun'.


message 6: by Brooklyn (new)

Brooklyn I am not going to say I absolutely HATE it!!! But something about the idea of the plot, I don't know, just ercs me. It sounds interesting, but the one thing that I don't understand is the whole romance thing. My friends said she "HAD" to choose. Why?


Leah Brooklyn wrote: "I am not going to say I absolutely HATE it!!! But something about the idea of the plot, I don't know, just ercs me. It sounds interesting, but the one thing that I don't understand is the whole r..."

Maybe you should read the book.


Bookworm2000 It is quite violent, and the plot is very futuristic, but everyone's got their own opinion, right? If you like Young Adult or sci-fi then this is for you.


message 9: by Brooklyn (new)

Brooklyn Bookworm2000 wrote: "It is quite violent, and the plot is very futuristic, but everyone's got their own opinion, right? If you like Young Adult or sci-fi then this is for you." I like YA, but I am not a very big fan of sci-fi


Brandy how about before spreading your un unknowledgable opinions around you should go and read or read the summary on wikpedia for all i care


message 11: by Zoe (new) - rated it 5 stars

Zoe Taurus You are not, the whole point is the author is saying, this could be the futere if you aren't careful. It is also a little scary how you get pulled into something horribly gory and violent.


message 12: by Angie Elle (last edited Nov 25, 2012 04:00PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Angie Elle Gaby wrote: "btw, if you consider a sacrifice made for love combined with extreme bravery combined with the will of survival to be a bad plot then YOURE IN THE WRONG NEIGHBORHOOD"

Wow...when you finally take the time to remove yourself from her throat, you may want to remind yourself that this is a discussion board.

As such, people are entitled to their own opinions. I've read the books, and quite frankly, I didn't see a lot of redeeming qualities in Katniss.

It's clear that she's here for clarification.

If you think this is a place only for people who liked the book, then perhaps you're the one in the wrong neighborhood. Maybe you should consider taking up residence in a Hunger Games group or fan site.


message 13: by Olivia (new) - added it

Olivia Angie wrote: "Gaby wrote: "btw, if you consider a sacrifice made for love combined with extreme bravery combined with the will of survival to be a bad plot then YOURE IN THE WRONG NEIGHBORHOOD"

Wow...when you f..."

ok


message 14: by Jeni (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jeni I'm bewildered by anyone who can say they don't like a book when they have never read it. It's like saying you don't like carrot cake without having tasted one. Take a bite--you may be surprised!

I suggest, like others, that you read the book. It was entertaining, if nothing else, and you will be in a better position to actually make a judgment about what the plot entails.

I also don't know about you, but when someone is violently opposed to something, I can't wait to read it! It makes me want to see what all the fuss is about.


Victoria read the book definatley. then draw your own conclusions.
i know whenever my own sibling reads a book and tells me about it, the whole thing loses its appeal.
But dont let that stop you!


message 16: by Brooklyn (new)

Brooklyn Victoria wrote: "read the book definatley. then draw your own conclusions.
i know whenever my own sibling reads a book and tells me about it, the whole thing loses its appeal.
But dont let that stop you!"


Thanks, you are the only one that didn't get mad at me and that saw my point of view. Thank you SO much!!:'(


Narjes Brooklyn wrote: "I never read it, but my older sister did. The way I heard it, it sounded like teen age kids killed each other for the fun of it. I think it is WAY to violent and it is kind of weird how Katniss H..."

I think you should give the book a try, It was the same thing with my sis- she didn't like the plot when I first told her but she gave it a try now she loves it! She's still reading the first book though! Give it a try, nothing to lose if read it :D


message 18: by Olivia (new) - added it

Olivia Narjis wrote: "Brooklyn wrote: "I never read it, but my older sister did. The way I heard it, it sounded like teen age kids killed each other for the fun of it. I think it is WAY to violent and it is kind of we..."

ok


message 19: by Olivia (new) - added it

Olivia i wonder if someone will read it


back to top