Romance Readers Reading Challenges discussion

Sylvia Day
This topic is about Sylvia Day
2012 Challenge Archive > FAC: Sylvia Day (December 2012)

Comments (showing 1-50 of 118) (118 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Jane (PS), Moderator (last edited Dec 27, 2012 05:05PM) (new)

Jane (PS) | 13863 comments Sylvia Day, born in 1973 and living in Los Angeles, writes under her name and the pseudonyms S.J. Day and Livia Dare.

Day is a former Russian linguist for the U.S. Army Military Intelligence. She currently writes in the romance genres of contemporary romance, speculative/paranormal, historical and futuristic (as Livia Dare). Day has also published fiction works in urban fantasy (under the pseudonym S. J. Day) and some non-fiction works.

She is the co-founder of Passionate Ink, a special interest chapter of Romance Writers of America, and she has served on Romance Writers of America's Board of Directors since 2009, presently serving as President-Elect. She has been honored with the Romantic Times Reviewers' Choice Award, the EPPIE Award, the National Readers' Choice Award, and multiple nominations for Romance Writers of America's RITA Award. She travels extensively in conjunction with various speaking engagements.

Day is the author of the internationally bestselling erotic Crossfire series, which has four million English-language copies in print and international rights licensed in thirty-four territories. The first book in the series, Bared to You, was declared Penguin UK's "fastest selling paperback for a decade" and Penguin Group (USA) reports that Bared to You is Berkley's biggest breakout book of 2012.

Sylvia's GR page is here: Sylvia Day

Challenge Task: Read one book written by our featured author, Sylvia Day.
Challenge Duration: The whole month of December.

To sign up:
Post your interest and the book you are planning to read.

You must also signify if you are:
A - I'm a big fan! I'm excited to read another of her books.
B - Familiar with her work, and wouldn't mind reading her again.
C - Totally new to this author. Will see how I like it.
D - Didn't like the last one I've read, but willing to give it another chance.

To complete:
Post the date when you've completed your book.

You must also say if, after reading:
A - would definitely look at her other books, since I've enjoyed this one very much.
B - could take it or leave it. Was not an unpleasant experience but I'm not burning rubber to get to her other books.
C - Oh well, I tried. Definitely not my cup of tea.

A little review of the book read is welcomed but not required.

message 2: by Jane (PS), Moderator (last edited Dec 30, 2012 05:59PM) (new)

Jane (PS) | 13863 comments The starting line-up:

A: Hawt!
Ketta
√ Fran
Lynne
√ Yz
√ Susanq
√ Valorie
√ Brett
Kristi
√ Marilyn
dynamite
TJB
√ Sassafrass

B: I won't turn down a romp.
√ Irina
Candice
Lisa
√ Leslie
√ Ann

C: Chemistry? Sign me up! (Like I need another elective)
Laura
√ Skandia
Nadd
Kami
√ KarenH
Ren
√ Jane
√ Juliet
Connie
√ Katharina
√ MountainKat
√ Patricia
√ Debra
√ KarenF
√ Karen (BL)
AEsa
√ Erin
√ Amanda
√ Makenzie
√ Melissa
√ Ruby
√ Pam
Charlene
√ Ashwaq
√ Mary
√ KatieJ

D: Sexy-smexy...

message 3: by Jane (PS), Moderator (last edited Dec 30, 2012 06:02PM) (new)

Jane (PS) | 13863 comments The winners podium (We're all winners!)

A:
Fran (A) - A Dark Kiss of Rapture, Wish List
Debra (C) - A Dark Kiss of Rapture
Brett (A) - Reflected in You
KarenH (C) - Bared to You
Skandia (C) - Bared to You
Leslie (B) - Seven Years to Sin
Sassafrass (A) - Reflected in You
Marilyn (A) - A Dark Kiss of Rapture
Juliet (C) - Bared to You
Melissa (C) - A Dark Kiss of Rapture
MountainKat (A) - Bared to You
Yz (A) - Bared to You, Wish List
Ruby (C) - Bared to You
Valorie (A) - A Dark Kiss of Rapture
Amanda (C) - Bared to You, Reflected in You
Susan(q) (A) - Wish List
Erin (C) - Pride and Pleasure
Karen (C) - Hot in Handcuffs
Makenzie (C) - Bared to You
Mary (C) - Bared to You

B:
Pam (C) - Wish List
Jane (C) - Wish List
KatieJ (C) - Wish List
Patricia (C) - Don't Tempt Me
Irina (B) - Seven Years to Sin
Ann (B) - Bared to You
Katharina (C) - Seven Years to Sin

C:
Ashwaq (C) - The Stranger I Married
KarenF (C) - Ask For It

A Dark Kiss of Rapture (Renegade Angels #0.5) by Sylvia Day A Dark Kiss of Rapture (Renegade Angels #0.5) by Sylvia Day Reflected in You (Crossfire, #2) by Sylvia Day Bared to You (Crossfire, #1) by Sylvia Day Bared to You (Crossfire, #1) by Sylvia Day Seven Years to Sin by Sylvia Day Reflected in You (Crossfire, #2) by Sylvia Day A Dark Kiss of Rapture (Renegade Angels #0.5) by Sylvia Day Bared to You (Crossfire, #1) by Sylvia Day A Dark Kiss of Rapture (Renegade Angels #0.5) by Sylvia Day Bared to You (Crossfire, #1) by Sylvia Day Bared to You (Crossfire, #1) by Sylvia Day Wish List by Sylvia Day Bared to You (Crossfire, #1) by Sylvia Day A Dark Kiss of Rapture (Renegade Angels #0.5) by Sylvia Day Bared to You (Crossfire, #1) by Sylvia Day Reflected in You (Crossfire, #2) by Sylvia Day The Stranger I Married by Sylvia Day Wish List by Sylvia Day Pride and Pleasure by Sylvia Day Wish List by Sylvia Day Wish List by Sylvia Day Hot in Handcuffs (Sexy Capers, #3) by Shayla Black Bared to You (Crossfire, #1) by Sylvia Day Bared to You (Crossfire, #1) by Sylvia Day Wish List by Sylvia Day Wish List by Sylvia Day Don't Tempt Me (Georgian, #4) by Sylvia Day Seven Years to Sin by Sylvia Day Bared to You (Crossfire, #1) by Sylvia Day Seven Years to Sin by Sylvia Day Ask For It (Georgian, #1) by Sylvia Day

message 4: by Laura (new)

Laura | 165 comments im C and I'll read Bared to You (Crossfire, #1) by Sylvia Day

message 5: by Skandia (new)

Skandia (SFGirl) | 933 comments I'm C. I will read Bared to You (Crossfire, #1) by Sylvia Day, too !

message 6: by Ketta (new)

Ketta | 1 comments I'm up for this challenge! Big fan if Sylvia Day!

littlebookbosomed bookreview (EPEOLATRY) | 10 comments C! I'll read Bared to You (Crossfire, #1) by Sylvia Day Heard good things about this book :)

message 8: by Fran, Moderator (last edited Nov 23, 2012 07:40PM) (new)

Fran | 9339 comments Yay! I love Sylvia Day - I am an A - I will be reading Reflected in You (Crossfire, #2) by Sylvia Day.

message 9: by Kami (last edited Nov 23, 2012 11:15AM) (new)

Kami (aidansmama) | 973 comments I'm in. I'm a 'C'. I will read Bared to You (Crossfire #1). Guess I am following the crowd. Seems like the choice book for the new to this author.

message 10: by Lynne (new)

Lynne (LoveToReadGal) | 1020 comments I'm an "A". I'm a Sylvia Day fan and have read most of her library. I haven't read the new Bared to You but I'll have to see what's on my TBR shelf.

message 11: by ~KarenH~, Moderator (new)

~KarenH~ | 4205 comments I'm a C, and I've been trying to find an excuse to read Bared to You for a while - so now I have it! :)

message 12: by Ren (new)

Ren (RenPuspita) | 121 comments I'm C. So, yeah I will read Bared to You (Crossfire, #1) by Sylvia Day

Jo * Smut-Dickted * (JoSmut-Dickted) I'm in. I will read Bared to You (Crossfire, #1) by Sylvia Day (though I have one with a different cover..perhaps an earlier version?)

message 14: by Jane (PS), Moderator (last edited Nov 24, 2012 12:15AM) (new)

Jane (PS) | 13863 comments I'm a 'C' as well - I have a Sylvia Day in my cupboard but I can't remember the name of it... When I get home, that is the book that I expect I will read :)

***edit***

It isn't any of the 'Crossfire' books - my memory isn't as bad as that! ;)

Ahha - found it on the booklist: The Stranger I Married by Sylvia Day - really looking forward to reading this one!

message 15: by Juliet (new)

Juliet (jujuzz) I have been hearing so many raves about her book from my friends so I'm going to join this.

I am a C - Totally new to this author. Will see how I like it.

I will be reading Bared to You that everyone is recommending to me.
Bared to You (Crossfire, #1) by Sylvia Day

message 16: by Connie (new)

Connie McElfresh (connieMcElfresh) | 7 comments I have Bared to you. I am a C. I will try it again, tried it once before.....

message 17: by Katharina (new)

Katharina | 780 comments Another "C" here. I'll probably read Seven Years to Sin by Sylvia Day or maybe Ask For It (Georgian, #1) by Sylvia Day.

message 18: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 8991 comments I'm also a C and I received Bared to You as a gift recently, this is the perfect opportunity to read it!

message 19: by BJ Rose (new)

BJ Rose (BJRose) | 4413 comments I'm a 'C' and have requested Bared to You from the library, but there's only one copy and there are 3 holds on it, so will see.

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

i'm a b but i have to see what my library has

message 21: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 13863 comments Jo * Smut-Dickted * wrote: "I'm in. I will read Bared to You (Crossfire, #1) by Sylvia Day (though I have one with a different cover..perhaps an earlier version?)"

Jo - are you starting this challenge as an A, B, C or D? :)

message 22: by Patricia (new)

Patricia Solla (tedebear1998) | 244 comments I'm in this is a new author for me. I'll check out what I can find at the library. I'm ok with sex so I guess I'm a C.

message 23: by Debra (new)

Debra (countrymom6) | 166 comments OK I'm in and I a C

but I too will see what I can find at library this week but I'm leaning towards Bared to You or Ask For Itor we will just see what library has unless I decided to just say what the heck n buy one on kindle we will see

message 24: by Debra (new)

Debra (countrymom6) | 166 comments OK I'm in and I a C

but I too will see what I can find at library this week but I'm leaning towards Bared to You or Ask For Itor we will just see what library has unless I decided to just say what the heck n buy one on kindle we will see

message 25: by Irina (new)

Irina (reetu_416) | 471 comments I'm a B and I'll be reading Seven Years to Sin by Sylvia Day

message 26: by Marilyn (new)

Marilyn Slagel | 84 comments I'm a C and this sounds great! Brand new to interacting on Goodreads. This is going to be fun.

message 27: by Marilyn (new)

Marilyn Slagel | 84 comments I forgot to list my book to read. I'm going to start with Bared to You. I'll do the Crossfire series first.

message 28: by KarenF (new)

KarenF (CleoCleveland) | 1099 comments I'm in. I'm a C. I've had Ask For It (Georgian, #1) by Sylvia Day on the kindle forever so I'll read that one.

message 29: by Fran, Moderator (last edited Nov 25, 2012 07:57AM) (new)

Fran | 9339 comments Hey everyone,

There is a freebie by Sylvia Day on Amazon right now if anyone is having a hard time getting to the library. You don't need a Kindle to read it, just a Kindle app on your phone, iPad, computer, etc.

A Dark Kiss of Rapture A Dark Kiss of Rapture (Renegade Angels #0.5) by Sylvia Day is the free one.

Also, I really enjoyed Pleasures of the Night and it's a very good price on Amazon.

message 30: by Debra (new)

Debra (countrymom6) | 166 comments OK thx Fran. I got it n I'm going to start that book for my book. A Dark Kiss of Rapture. But still going check lib out for the other to just cause they sound good ..
Thanks again Fran

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

Im in , going to read Bared to You (Crossfire, #1) by Sylvia Dayand Im a C

message 32: by Fran, Moderator (new)

Fran | 9339 comments Debra wrote: "OK thx Fran. I got it n I'm going to start that book for my book. A Dark Kiss of Rapture. But still going check lib out for the other to just cause they sound good ..
Thanks again Fran"

You're very welcome Debra!

message 33: by Marilyn (new)

Marilyn Slagel | 84 comments Thanks, Fran, will download it, but still going to read Bared to You first.

message 34: by Erin (new)

Erin H | 758 comments I'm a C and going to read Pride and Pleasure by Sylvia Day!

message 35: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (shortie357) | 103 comments I am a 'C' and I will be reading Bared to You (Crossfire, #1) by Sylvia Day.

message 36: by Candice (new)

Candice Arevalo (CanCan216) | 1 comments I am a B, I finished both of the book of crossfire bared to you in September and reflected in you in oct 2012. I would def look at her another books. I love the crossfire series I can't wait for book three.. I would love recommendation for books by her.

message 37: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 33 comments I am a B and I will be reading The Stranger I Married. This one looks good!

message 38: by Yz the Whyz, Moderator (new)

Yz the Whyz (whyz) | 9327 comments I'm an A. I enjoy Sylvia Day's writing.

I think I'm going to follow the crowd and read Bared to You (Crossfire, #1) by Sylvia Day.

message 39: by Fran, Moderator (new)

Fran | 9339 comments Candice wrote: "I am a B, I finished both of the book of crossfire bared to you in September and reflected in you in oct 2012. I would def look at her another books. I love the crossfire series I can't wait for b..."

Candice,

If you like paranormal I would recommend Pleasures of the Night or Magic and Mayhem. I read several of her historicals quite a while ago and don't remember them well enough to recommend one over another.

message 40: by ~Leslie~ (new)

~Leslie~ (akareadingmachine) | 1934 comments I'm a low B - I've only read a couple of her novellas that were free and they were okay. I will be reading Seven Years to Sin by Sylvia Day because it's available at the library and it fits another challenge!

message 41: by Makenzie (new)

Makenzie (MakenzieFay) | 496 comments I've been meaning to read Bared to You (Crossfire, #1) by Sylvia Day for a while and have plans to read it in December, so sign me up as a C! I also have A Dark Kiss of Rapture (Renegade Angels #0.5) by Sylvia Day (yay free Kindle ebooks!), so if I have time, I may try that one as well. :)

message 42: by Susan (susayq ~) (new)

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 496 comments I'm in! I'm an A. I've read several of her books other than just the Crossfire series. I'll be reading Pride and Pleasure by Sylvia Day

message 43: by Valorie (new)

Valorie  | 2085 comments I'm an A, and I'm going to read A Dark Kiss of Rapture (Renegade Angels #0.5) by Sylvia Day and I'll try and get to Bared to You (Crossfire, #1) by Sylvia Day during December also.

message 44: by Brett (new)

Brett | 475 comments I'm an A and I'll be reading Reflected in You (Crossfire, #2) by Sylvia Day

message 45: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 13863 comments Marilyn wrote: "I'm a C and this sounds great! Brand new to interacting on Goodreads. This is going to be fun."

Welcome Marilyn! We love new faces here :)

message 46: by ~Melissa~ (new)

~Melissa~ | 1617 comments I'm a C and will go with A Dark Kiss of Rapture (Renegade Angels #0.5) by Sylvia Day

message 47: by Kristi (new)

Kristi (krism2010) | 1 comments I am an A and I'll be reading Reflected in You. Can't wait!!

message 48: by Ruby (new)

Ruby Chua (rubychua) | 42 comments Please count me in! :)

I'm C and would be reading Bared to You (Crossfire, #1) by Sylvia Day

message 49: by Ann (Noumena12) (new)

Ann (Noumena12) (noumena12) | 126 comments I'm a B - Familiar with her work, and wouldn't mind reading her again. I'm going to read Bared to You

message 50: by Pam (new)

Pam | 1045 comments I'm a C and will be reading The Stranger I Married by Sylvia Day

« previous 1 3