This is not The Haters Club You're Looking For discussion

Financial Aid.

Comments Showing 1-34 of 34 (34 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Servius  Heiner I find it a bit misogynistic that you use the term "daddy's" Implying that mothers don't financially contribute to the families needs. What you think woman are just there to clean and screw, and pick out your cloths? Tisk tisk…

Also Misogynistic behavior is not tolerated around here. I know that more then anyone.

Servius  Heiner Your triumph will be all the sweeter when you achieve it on your own, something to truly be proud of... right after you break the chains of social programing.

message 3: by Lori (new)

Lori Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain!

It's been over 30 years (!) but I still remember that feeling. And these kids would discuss the virtues of an Audi over a BMW, or ridiculously expensive stereo equipment. I finally transferred away from the school in my senior year and was so much happier.

Servius  Heiner I think you should just jam out to Janis Joplin on yer ipod at school.

Oh lord wont you buy me a colored TV,
My friends all drive porches’ I must make amends
Worked hard all my life time
No help for my friends

Servius  Heiner I think a lot of everyone's problems with society and the "next generation" would go away if we would all just stop paying attention to everything/everyone around us.

This is a ridiculous statement from me I know... I said it's what we "should" do, not what "I" do.

Servius  Heiner I am a social tribal creature after all, as much as I wish I wasn't.

Servius  Heiner bad but fun }:-D

Servius  Heiner These wouldn't happen to be your classmates would they, Sarah?

http://www.goodreads.com/group/show/1...

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

That group has a sweet dictonary.

message 10: by Tom (new)

Tom Foolery (tomfoolery) Don't assume that all part time jobs are minimum wage retail / restaurant. I know we've just hired something like 50 part time loan adjustors, and have a lot of part time people in collections. I want to say $10-11 per hour absolute minimum for the collections jobs You might have a tough time getting an adjustor type job, but if you can talk on the phone, you can do collections. Might have scheduling issues, but it might be worth looking at...maybe also try office temp agencies. Let 'em know your availability, and see what they can find for you.

message 11: by Harry (new)

Harry  (harry_harry) $5500 for sex acts? How many times, how often, were they fairly normal or are we talking really twisted stuff? I could use $5500...does it need to go towards schooling or could I use it towards a mortgage payment and daycare?

message 12: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (randymandy) Did your high school guidance counselors "counsel" you into going to community college instead of 4 year college?

THAT SHIT PISSES ME OFF!!!!!

Servius  Heiner Heh! Even they knew you wouldn't amount to anything HA! Except a kick ass tea huger.

message 14: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (randymandy) I have mixed feelings about your statement, Mr. Heiner.

Servius  Heiner Er... well, What I meant to say was... Has your guidance councilor ever worked for Ms. Chloe? Did your guidance counselor talk with a fake Trinidad accent?

You know saying "Tings" a lot?

message 16: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (randymandy)

message 17: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (randymandy) Huge...tracts of land.

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

I loved my community college. I had great teachers. At the time, though, I felt it really unfair that my friends could afford to go away to "university."

Servius  Heiner Does it really matter? I mean a class is a class, the real important stuff you learn on your own. The school is just there to teach you the concept of an idea.

message 20: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (randymandy) The only problem is when kids (young adults) don't feel motivated or inspired in their community college, so they give up on their education. Try getting hired without a BA. Ain't so easy.

I'm in favor of community colleges if you're there to learn a specific skill, but not necessarily if you're just there because you don't know what else to do. The community college in our county has CRAP for classes. They're taught at the lowest level imaginable--easier than high school! Almost everyone I know that goes there hates it.

Servius  Heiner There is no such thing as success without personal fortitude Amanda, school is like an island, if you don't have it when you get there, your not going to have it when you are there. Not saying that certain schools don't have the "eh, fuck it" aura about them, just that if you are serous about your education it shouldn't matter.

message 22: by Tom (new)

Tom Foolery (tomfoolery) Seriously, Amanda? I thought NC community colleges were supposed to be outstanding. Of course, i got that impression from listening to their advertising...

message 23: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (randymandy) Tom, I've heard the same thing, but I see no evidence of it. Well, I'm talking Guilford Tech. (I did an eco-friendly building course at CCCC-Pittsboro campus, which was fun.) Guilford Tech has the ONLY accredited culinary program in the state, and it touted to be a rockin' fantastic education. Well, my roomie did the program and in more than one course, the class periods consisted of reading aloud from the textbook and doing workbook pages silently at their desks. I couldn't believe it! WORKBOOK PAGES? IN CLASS??? Come on, what a waste of time. By the time somebody finishes high school, they really should be a bit more capable than that.

Their paramedic program is almost as bad, but at least they kick you out if you're failing paramedic school.

message 24: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (randymandy) I do agree with you Nick, in that each of us is in charge of our own destiny and all, but shit, don't you think it would be nice if the high school counselors gave a little encouragement? A little cheerleading for the kids who feel unworthy?

Sarah, wrong and tactless? Nah.

message 25: by Kasia (new)

Kasia I'm with Amanda, people need a little encouragement from time to time. Small push in the right direction never hurts, too much sheltering though might have an adverse effect. But not everybody is a cyborg, not everybody has enough drive to do everything on his/her own.

message 26: by David (new)

David If you go back to your 40th reunion and you're destitute you could always puke a revenge, maybe the letters of your name, in front of each building entrance. Go to IPFW, loser.

message 27: by Rusty (new)

Rusty (rustyshackleford) | 2198 comments The problem with getting revenge at your 40th class reunion is that you'd actually have to go to your 40th. You'll have stopped caring what any of them may think long before that. Figure out what you want to do, and move toward your goal with a purpose. If you do that, I don't think it matters a whole lot if you went to a university, community college, technical school, whatever.

Servius  Heiner Kasia wrote: "I'm with Amanda, people need a little encouragement from time to time. Small push in the right direction never hurts, too much sheltering though might have an adverse effect. But not everybody is a..."

Hey I have no problem giving people a little push... just as long as they are standing at the top of some stairs.

message 29: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (randymandy) slinkies!

message 30: by Rusty (new)

Rusty (rustyshackleford) | 2198 comments Jinkies? Velma?

message 31: by Tom (new)

Tom Foolery (tomfoolery) Guilford Tech has the ONLY accredited culinary program in the state...

Johnson & Wales in Charlotte isn't accredited?

message 32: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (randymandy) There's a Johnson & Wales in Charlotte?

message 33: by Amanda (last edited Mar 20, 2009 07:50AM) (new)

Amanda (randymandy) Hahahaha! I just googled. There's a shit load of culinary programs in NC (at accredited schools). Some mofos lied to me! And they're all at Guilford Tech. What a bunch of fuckers. They use that line to recruit students!!!!!!!

message 34: by Tom (new)

Tom Foolery (tomfoolery) There is indeed a Johnson and Wales in Charlotte. Charlotte Talks on WFAE (NPR) almost always has one of their professors on whenever they do any kind of food topic on the show.