You'll love this one...!! A book club & more discussion

Closed Discussion Topic > Bryce Courtenay

Comments (showing 1-7 of 7) (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rusalka, Moderator (last edited Nov 22, 2012 07:55PM) (new)

Rusalka (Rusalkii) | 12988 comments Not sure if you guys heard about this or not, but the novelist Bryce Courtenay passed away last night.

Very sad, but the thing I wanted to share was this was a very short video that he made about 10 days ago for the people who had read his books, and I know some of you had read him for your rainbows or various Around the World challenges.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bvq_Xi...

Connie (Ava Catherine) | 4258 comments How very precious he is. I love his books, and he is a sweetheart. How sad for the world that he is gone; he shall certainly be missed. Thank you, Rusalka, for posting this video.

message 3: by Kimberly (last edited Nov 22, 2012 09:02PM) (new)

Kimberly | 2033 comments I heard bout his pasing a few ours ago, it's so sad. I haven't read his books yet but my Dad is a huge fan. At least he isn't suffering anymore. It seems this year has been a bad year for authors passing aay.

message 4: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (JaMaSc) | 29857 comments That video made me cry. I have enjoyed a couple of his books and intend to read more. It is I who thanks him.

message 5: by Connie (Ava Catherine) (last edited Nov 23, 2012 11:09AM) (new)

Connie (Ava Catherine) | 4258 comments I do so agree with you, Janice! Did you see the video when he talks about writing the book about his son who died from a contaminated blood transfusion? Broke my heart!!

It is on the site Rusalka gave us. The book is April Fool's Day.

message 6: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (JaMaSc) | 29857 comments Connie wrote: "I do so agree with you, Janice! Did you see the video when he talks about writing the book about his son who died from a contaminated blood transfusion?"

No, I didn't. Which book is that?

message 7: by Kat (new)

Kat (KatZombie) | 2478 comments Oh that is sad news. He was one of my favorite Australian authors.

Four Fires was one of my favorites of his.

Thanks for sharing Rusalka.

You'll love this one...!! A book club & more

unread topics | mark unread

Authors mentioned in this topic

Bryce Courtenay (other topics)