Never Too Old For Y.A. & N.A. Books discussion

Movies/TV/Music > What books need to be made into movies?

Comments (showing 1-36 of 36) (36 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Anthony (new)

Anthony Jr. (anthonymbriggsjr) | 42 comments Ender's Game. I can picture the war game battle scenes, the music, Ender's rise through the ranks. If done right and not over commercialized, this would blow up.

Bonus: even though it's not a book - Thundercats. Done as a real movie with a tight storyline, do you know how many people would be fighting to see this?

message 2: by Marrie (new)

Marrie I always thought Gone (Gone, #1) by Michael Grant would be really cool to see as a movie.

message 3: by Erica (new)

Erica I think Divergent (Divergent, #1) by Veronica Roth and Beautiful Disaster (Beautiful, #1) by Jamie McGuire would make great movies

message 4: by Nicole D. (new)

Nicole D. (TheReadingRebel) | 1406 comments I would like to Divergent (Divergent, #1) by Veronica Roth, The Iron King (The Iron Fey, #1) by Julie Kagawa,and Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices, #1) by Cassandra Claremade into movies.

message 5: by Joey D (new)

Joey D | 1 comments The edge of never!

message 6: by Sandra (last edited Dec 24, 2012 10:03AM) (new)

Sandra Bloodlines Series by Richelle Mead
or I would love to see Good Omens by Terry Pratchett
or even The left Hand of God by Paul Hoffman

Well the other two aren't Y.A. Books but they would do great in a film lol

message 7: by Tanvira (last edited Dec 24, 2012 11:36AM) (new)

Tanvira (tanvira12) Nicole D. wrote: "I would like to Divergent (Divergent, #1) by Veronica Roth, The Iron King (The Iron Fey, #1) by Julie Kagawa ,and Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices, #1) by Cassandra Clare made into movies."

Divergent will be released as a motion picture in 2014, or as far as Wikipedia says... :/

message 8: by Emily (new)

Emily I listened to The Witch of Blackbird Pond earlier this year and then looked it up on IMDB, confident a book that old would have had at least one movie adaptation. There wasn't one! I would love to see it done as a movie.

message 9: by Marrie (last edited Dec 25, 2012 10:03PM) (new)

Marrie I also think Delirium (Delirium, #1) by Lauren Oliver would be interesting to see on screen.

message 10: by Scott-robert (new)

Scott-robert Shenkman | 396 comments "Wraith" by Edie Claire

BTW, could someone tell me how you get the book covers into the post? I'm tired of being boring!

message 12: by Scott-robert (new)

Scott-robert Shenkman | 396 comments Thanks!

message 13: by Gary (last edited Jan 17, 2013 10:26AM) (new)

Gary Bonn | 34 comments A dance company, a film group and a CGI group are trying to reproduce the first Princes Street Gardens dance from 'The Evil and The Fear'. I'm nervous...

The Evil and the Fear

message 14: by Eloise (new)

Eloise Kindred | 15 comments I'd love to see some of Garth Nix's stuff made into movies. The Abhorsen trilogy would work really well - love the mix of traditional fantasy with the more urban world across the border. Also really enjoyed reading the Keys to the Kingdom series, but seven movies set in such differing environments with loads of special effects would probably be too expensive!

message 15: by Emma (new)

Emma | 98 comments i would like Poison Study (Study, #1) by Maria V. Snyder to be made into a film it is one of my fave books ever, also The Final Empire (Mistborn, #1) by Brandon Sanderson would make an amazing film in my opinion.

message 16: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 13 comments Here and There by Denise Grover Swank. And the Covenant series by Jennifer Armentrout

message 17: by Bella (new)

Bella Forrest (AShadeofVampire) I totally agree about!: Divergent (Divergent, #1) by Veronica Roth

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

Hm....this one: Beautiful Darkness (Caster Chronicles, # 2) by Kami Garciaand this one: Tiger's Curse (The Tiger Saga, #1) by Colleen Houck

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

Michelle Elizabeth wrote: "I would like to see The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel & Shadowmarch series."

ME TOO!! I LOVE MICHAEL SCOTT'S BOOKS! I'm going to read the second one soon

message 20: by Bella (new)

Bella Forrest (AShadeofVampire) Bre wrote: "Michelle Elizabeth wrote: "I would like to see The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel & Shadowmarch series."

ME TOO!! I LOVE MICHAEL SCOTT'S BOOKS! I'm going to read the second one soon"

I second this one too :)

message 21: by Tracy (new)

Tracy (tracesoftracy) | 27 comments Evermore (The Immortals, #1) by Alyson Noel this one should deff be made into a book, Firelight (Firelight, #1) by Sophie Jordan this one would be awesome to be put into a movie, && The Forest of Hands and Teeth (The Forest of Hands and Teeth, #1) by Carrie Ryan rumors keep saying this is going to be made into a movie but I just haven't seen anything yet about it.

message 22: by Styx (new)

Styx Apostolos (Colesticos) | 24 comments The Darkest Minds by Alexander Bracken

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

A Shade of Vampire wrote: "Bre wrote: "Michelle Elizabeth wrote: "I would like to see The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel & Shadowmarch series."

ME TOO!! I LOVE MICHAEL SCOTT'S BOOKS! I'm going to read the second ..."

The first book was so good...I hope it will be turned into a movie. :)

message 24: by Katrina (new)

Katrina (nerding) | 4 comments I would like to see Starcrossed become a movie..that would be sick as well as Divergent

message 25: by Marrie (new)

Marrie I think Cinder (Lunar Chronicles, #1) by Marissa Meyer might be interesting as a movie.

message 26: by Christina (new)

Christina | 8 comments I would love to see the Lux and the Covenant series by Jennifer Armentrout Opal (Lux, #3) by Jennifer L. Armentrout Deity (Covenant, #3) by Jennifer L. Armentrout

message 27: by Grace (new)

Grace Keenan | 3 comments uglies by Scott Westerfield would be cool, but the people would have to be REALLY pretty.

message 28: by Panda (new)

Panda (Pandwen) | 73 comments well as it hasn't been mentioned yet i think Graceling (Graceling Realm, #1) by Kristin Cashore would make a great movie

message 29: by Jane (new)

Jane (jayedee) | 13 comments I would love to see "The Violet Eden Chapters" by Jessica Shirvington made into movies or "The House of Commarre" by Kristen Painter.

message 30: by Ariella (new)

Ariella (ariellah980) I would love to see this series made into a movie Beach Blondes: June Dreams, July's Promise, August Magic

message 31: by Nina (new)

Nina (Author_NinaSlack) | 3 comments Tithe:A Modern Fairie Tale by Holly BlackTithe

message 32: by Tracy (new)

Tracy | 61 comments How about The Immortal Rules (Blood of Eden, #1) by Julie Kagawa or Enclave (Razorland, #1) by Ann Aguirre Might be a little intense with the creepy zombie-type characters. Ooh ooh, or how about The Hunt (The Hunt, #1) by Andrew Fukuda?? Also creepy.

message 33: by Tracy (new)

Tracy | 61 comments I also heard that they're making "The Maze Runner" into a movie, coming out next year. Very excited for that one. The Maze Runner (Maze Runner, #1) by James Dashner

message 34: by Tracy (new)

Tracy | 11536 comments Mod
Tracy wrote: "I also heard that they're making "The Maze Runner" into a movie, coming out next year. Very excited for that one. The Maze Runner (Maze Runner, #1) by James Dashner"

Oh I am excited to. My favorite dystopian.

message 35: by Usha (new)