Zombies! discussion

Other Media > Silent Hill movie and games

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dr. Evil (new)

Dr. Evil (jake) | 11 comments Do any of you get that scared feeling when you are playing the Silent Hill games, huh? Do any of you just feel like your walking down a road of loneliness and when you least excpect it, something jumps out at you. And what did you all think of the movie.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

The movie won't make much sense for those who haven't played the video games ... plus those not familiar with the games WON'T CARE AT ALL.

The first few games are BRILLIANT, although sequelitis has rendered my interest nil. The increasing volume of your staticy radio when monsters were near you in the dense white fog of the "regular" world was scary enough. Then you're shot to some horrible, dark, bloody, rickety land of demon nurses and monstrous inmates. Scared the piss out of me.

message 3: by Christen (new)

Christen | 41 comments Hmmm well I have never played the game, but I thought the movie was very cool. It was very creepy and well done. I admit there were things I didn't understand, and I don't know if that's because I haven't played the game or if they're meant to be unexplained because it adds to the creepiness factor.

But y'know...I didn't play the game, but I did care :) Sorry to be contrary, Brendan. In fact, it piqued my interest in the game just to see if there is something in the game that would help me make any sense of the movie.

message 4: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (nlojeda) | 7 comments The movie was CRAZY! The burning babies and the henchman. WILD! I will never look at chain link fence the same way...

message 5: by Mark (new)

Mark Cato | 3 comments The first couple games were incredibly suspenseful. There were startling moments as well as a generally frightful ambiance throughout. The children in the school probably freaked me out more than anything, but the nurses were a close second.

I watched the movie, and I felt it failed to hold my interest as well as the games. It also had some frightening moments, as well as some really great sets and creatures, but it was lacking overall.

message 6: by De'Shawn (new)

De'Shawn | 2 comments I love some of the first games of Slient Hill, they were real suspenseful and had me wondering what's going to happen. I think that the Video Game was better than the movie because the video game had more action along with suspense. It was lost in the movies to me.

message 7: by Dr. Evil (new)

Dr. Evil (jake) | 11 comments Some of my favorite but scariest parts of the movie was when the woman was in the school and it started to turn to night and when she saw that dead janitor I automatically knew he was gonna come back to life when it turned night.My favorite character was pyramid head because he was one hardcore killer, I mean ripping someones entire skin off WOW.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

There was a Clive Barker game I played that creeped me out a few times. Forget the name of it now... That's what it's like getting older.

message 9: by Angie (new)

Angie | 118 comments Silent Hill video games were so scary. I remember playing in the dark with the surround sound on. VERY SCARY.

message 10: by Terry (new)

Terry (tbosky) | 58 comments Clive Barker's Undying?

I love the Silent Hill games, but the movie was meh. This movie is cool and Silent Hillish: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0071396/

message 11: by Krauser108 (new)

Krauser108 | 2 comments I THINK SILENT HILL GAMES SUCK VERY BADLY. THE MOVIES WERE VERY SCARY. THE GAME WAS TOO BUT I HATE THAT U CANT USE A GUN.