UK Amazon Kindle Forum discussion

Agony Aunt > Reviews on Goodreads?

Comments (showing 1-50 of 50) (50 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kath (new)

Kath Middleton | 24005 comments Is anyone else having trouble adding reviews? I can give my rating but when I add a review it isn't saved. This happened yesterday and again this morning. Instead of getting the 'Thank you for reviewing ...' message, it al flashes back to the list of books and when I look, the review wasn't saved. Bit annoying, that!

I wonder if Patti or Simon could check if it's a general thing - or is GR picking on me!

Simon (Highwayman) (highwayman) | 4697 comments There's nothing about it on the feedback site and it normally reports bugs pretty quick. Try restarting your computer.

message 3: by Kath (new)

Kath Middleton | 24005 comments Well, it happened yesterday and then again this morning. I turned it off and restarted in between.

Simon (Highwayman) (highwayman) | 4697 comments I was on my mobile earlier Ignite. On a proper computer now so will take another look.

Gingerlily - All kinds of everything! | 36406 comments I am stil having major problems with Goodreads on my work PC, but its fine at home and on my tablet.

I think its something in IE, but it just started on friday - may be Goodreads changed something then.

message 6: by Kath (new)

Kath Middleton | 24005 comments It's still not letting me do anything but rate books. I have 3 now that have ratings but the reviews are only on Amazon. Shame, because reviews anywhere add to an author's visibilty.

message 7: by Tim (new)

Tim | 9437 comments Just written a review of The Skylark of Space, and I had no trouble at all in adding it.

message 8: by Kath (new)

Kath Middleton | 24005 comments Must be me. Wilhelmina no-mates!

message 9: by Kath (new)

Kath Middleton | 24005 comments Nope, Still not happening. When I go back to look at the review it's not there.

message 10: by Tim (new)

Tim | 9437 comments What book?

message 11: by Kath (new)

Kath Middleton | 24005 comments 3 of them. One Day in the Life of Jason Dean,
The Mystic Accountants and some short stories.

message 12: by Jud (new)

Jud (Judibud) | 17938 comments I tried reviewing a book as well and it worked for me

message 13: by Kath (new)

Kath Middleton | 24005 comments D'oh!

message 14: by Kath (new)

Kath Middleton | 24005 comments I probably need to chache me cheque or summat. Dunno how to do that!

Simon (Highwayman) (highwayman) | 4697 comments Internet Explorer 9 and 8
1.Click Tools, and select Delete Browsing History... .

2.Deselect Preserve Favorites website data, and select Temporary Internet files, Cookies, and History.

3.Click Delete.

Internet Explorer 7
1.From the Tools menu in the upper right, select Delete Browsing History... .

2.To delete your cache, click Delete files... .
To delete your cookies, click Delete cookies... .

To delete your history, click Delete history... .

3.Click Close, and then click OK to exit.

message 16: by Jud (new)

Jud (Judibud) | 17938 comments *hopes that Ignite is on Chrome or Firefox*

message 17: by Kath (new)

Kath Middleton | 24005 comments IE :)

Gingerlily - All kinds of everything! | 36406 comments Thats probably the problem Ignite. All my problems are on IE, and clearing the caches didn't help at all...

message 19: by Kath (new)

Kath Middleton | 24005 comments Can't even find 'tools'.
No sniggering at the back there!

message 20: by Jud (new)

Jud (Judibud) | 17938 comments Ignite wrote: "Can't even find 'tools'.
No sniggering at the back there!"

That's what I'm like when I try to find the help button on Amazon

message 21: by Will (new)

Will Jones (willmacmillanjones) | 11311 comments Amazon has a help button???

message 22: by Kath (new)

Kath Middleton | 24005 comments Yep. When you click it a little voice goes - Ha-ha!

message 23: by Will (new)

Will Jones (willmacmillanjones) | 11311 comments At least it doesn't agree help is required, and refer you to a counselling service.

Gingerlily - All kinds of everything! | 36406 comments Will aren't you already in therapy?

message 25: by Will (new)

Will Jones (willmacmillanjones) | 11311 comments Yes, but my therapist has gone off sick.

Something about a dodgy jelly baby...

message 26: by Beverley (new)

Beverley Carter | 199 comments OMG Ignite - it's a disaster dah-ling! What with Amazon removing reviews willy-nilly and Goodreads not letting you add any, what is the world coming to? And you of all people! The super duper book reviewer! You don't suppose there's an upper limit and you've reached it do you?

Hope you can get it sorted out!

message 27: by Kath (last edited Nov 24, 2012 04:02AM) (new)

Kath Middleton | 24005 comments I still can't put a review on here - only a rating. If you see I've reviewed something you'll find it on Amazon. Unless it's an absolute corker in which you'll find it here -
www.ignitebooks.blogspot.co.uk

message 28: by Will (new)

Will Jones (willmacmillanjones) | 11311 comments Have you asked Goodreads themselves about the problem?

Simon (Highwayman) (highwayman) | 4697 comments Try another browser Ignite. I have been mucking about with Firefox. Just make sure you untick the boxes when you install that offer to kindly fill your computer with loads of other crap you don't need.

message 30: by Kath (new)

Kath Middleton | 24005 comments I'm no techie Simon. I tend to stick with what I know. Surely Goodreads should work for everyone - it shouldn't be the reader who has to fanny about.

message 31: by Will (new)

Will Jones (willmacmillanjones) | 11311 comments Well, I'm certainly no techie, but I made firefox work OK on my PC with no problems. And it is so much better than IE.

Gingerlily - All kinds of everything! | 36406 comments IE is a crock of goblin manure and I am so glad not to have to use it any more

message 33: by Kath (new)

Kath Middleton | 24005 comments I'm scared. I've never changed me browser before. Help - I'm a granny!

Gingerlily - All kinds of everything! | 36406 comments Its easier than setting up a blog, and you managed that ok.

Simon (Highwayman) (highwayman) | 4697 comments A crock of goblin manure? I think I will try to use that phrase at the next SAP meeting.

Gingerlily - All kinds of everything! | 36406 comments Be prepared to wear a full hazmat suit...

message 37: by Will (new)

Will Jones (willmacmillanjones) | 11311 comments I'm so stealing that phrase!

message 38: by Kath (new)

Kath Middleton | 24005 comments Will wrote: "I'm so stealing that phrase!"

I assume you mean a crock of goblin manure, not help I'm a granny?

Seriously - I'm afraid I'll not recognise anything anymore and not find my way back. I feel the need for a trail of breadcrumbs.

message 39: by Tim (new)

Tim | 9437 comments Don't get crumbs in your keyboard - you'll have all sorts of other issues, else. Probably including mice...

Gingerlily - All kinds of everything! | 36406 comments Will wrote: "I'm so stealing that phrase!"

Well I know I said I wanted to be in your book, but that wasn't quite what I had in mind!

Patti (baconater) (Goldengreene) | 61381 comments Geoff is eating lunch at the moment but I'll send him to you when he's finished, Ignite.

He'll soon sort you out.

I've been allowing him to remotely access my laptop over the past couple weeks. He's ever so clever.

message 42: by Will (new)

Will Jones (willmacmillanjones) | 11311 comments Gingerlily (or Cyberlily..) wrote: "Will wrote: "I'm so stealing that phrase!"

Well I know I said I wanted to be in your book, but that wasn't quite what I had in mind!"

Mwahahahahahahahahahahah

Wait and see...

(So that's one sale for book 4 sorted.)

message 43: by Will (new)

Will Jones (willmacmillanjones) | 11311 comments Ignite wrote: "Will wrote: "I'm so stealing that phrase!"

I assume you mean a crock of goblin manure, not help I'm a granny?

Seriously - I'm afraid I'll not recognise anything anymore and not find my way back. ..."

Honestly, I found it easy enough and I still poke my keyboard with a quill.

Patti (baconater) (Goldengreene) | 61381 comments I prefer Chrome...

message 45: by Will (new)

Will Jones (willmacmillanjones) | 11311 comments Is that because it's all shiny?

Gingerlily - All kinds of everything! | 36406 comments I would have bought it anyway Will.

message 47: by James (new)

James Campbell (JamescCamp) | 44 comments Will wrote: "Well, I'm certainly no techie, but I made firefox work OK on my PC with no problems. And it is so much better than IE."

Yep – simply switching to an actually decent browser will probably solve most of your internet problems.

I'm on Chrome and I will never look back.

message 48: by Kath (new)

Kath Middleton | 24005 comments SORTED! With a little help from my friends! Geoff has put me to rights and I have Chrome installed and my reviews are up to date. I'm a happy bunny - pauses to smooth down her long ears and twitch her whiskers.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions!

message 50: by Philip (sarah) (new)

Philip (sarah) Willis | 5175 comments Brilliant Ignite!