Reading Hi-J!NX discussion

Book Suggestions > First Book

Comments (showing 1-10 of 10) (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jo (new)

Jo (faeriemusejo) | 25 comments Mod
First five book suggestions will be put in a poll to be picked as our winner! That book will be discussed for the next two months or so.

message 2: by Jo (new)

And since I'm already here posting and editing stuff, I'll throw out a suggestion from one of my dear friends. She suggested a Terry Pratchett book so I looked him up and I thought that "The Long Earth" sounded intriguing

message 3: by R.B. (new)

R.B. LeMoyne (RBLeMoyne) | 5 comments Since I'm on a steampunk kick of late, my suggestion would be The Wrath of Fate, by "Captain" Robert Brown.

message 4: by Loki (new)

Loki (Mx_Loki) | 11 comments I absolutely love Terry Pratchett, so I'd be up for that, or any of the Discworld novels I haven't read yet (and a few I have). John Scalzi is a good Sci-Fi author, Dan Wells is a good horror author, and Brandon Sanderson is an excellent fantasy author.

message 5: by Kellie (new)

Kellie (Kaybi) | 2 comments Also for those who would be interested. I wrote a book and it's sci fi. I have been looking to present to people who will give me feedback. It is not by any means professional as I am not however, I want it to be better. If anyone would like to read it let me know and I can email it to you. It is called "Into the Stars" my mom is a librarian and after reading it she said they would put it in "teen fiction" lolz... it's true though. Here is a basic sum up. Cassie wakes up on a spaceship and remembers that she was abducted. Turns out a power hungry alien goverment is destroying all planets with intelligent life to cemement their own ideals. They do however, collect one specimen from each world to appease the scientists. Turns out Earth has much higher gravity than other planets giving Cassie superhuman like strength. She causes chaos and takes over the ship and wins over the crew. :) There is love and sadness and sci fi and monsters.

message 6: by Jo (new)

Kellie wrote: "Also for those who would be interested. I wrote a book and it's sci fi. I have been looking to present to people who will give me feedback. It is not by any means professional as I am not however, ..."

I suggest that we do a book club "meet up" via Google Hangouts, and that way we can share files with each other through Google Drive! We could have meetings at request too for those who want feedback on material they have written. What say you? :-D

message 7: by Loki (new)

Loki (Mx_Loki) | 11 comments Jo wrote: "Kellie wrote: "Also for those who would be interested. I wrote a book and it's sci fi. I have been looking to present to people who will give me feedback. It is not by any means professional as I a..."

I think that's an excellent idea :3

message 8: by David (new)

David (com1xguy) | 4 comments Kellie wrote: "Also for those who would be interested. I wrote a book and it's sci fi. I have been looking to present to people who will give me feedback. ..."

Were you thinking of selling it on Amazon? I would be interested in reading it! Is it a stand alone or part of a series you planned?

message 9: by Kellie (last edited Nov 24, 2012 09:29AM) (new)

Kellie (Kaybi) | 2 comments David wrote: "Kellie wrote: "Also for those who would be interested. I wrote a book and it's sci fi. I have been looking to present to people who will give me feedback. ..."

Were you thinking of selling it on A..."

It's part of a series however, it is also able to stand on it's own. No crazy cliff hangers an all. I am going to try to get a pro to edit it for me so I can present it to pub companies. I have a friend who published through Costco so I might go that route too.

message 10: by Jo (new)

I thought it would be cool to read for one of the first books so I put it in the poll! :-D