Kiss of the Highlander (Highlander, #4) Kiss of the Highlander discussion

Does this book take place mostly in the present or mostly in the past?

Comments (showing 1-12 of 12) (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sam (new) - added it

Sam I want to read a historical (medieval) book, not a modern day one. Is a substantial part of this book in the modern day or will it scratch my itch for a book in a medieval setting?

Marilyn More in present day ten past also a GREAT read along with the rest of the Highlander series!!

message 3: by Sam (new) - added it

Sam Thanks for the replies! Do the other books in this series also take place mostly in the present?

message 4: by Dee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dee the 4th/5th and 7th book - Daegus/Drustan and Adam's books (IIRC) are most present than past but it has been like 2 years since I have read them

message 5: by Dee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dee you could try Melissa Mayhue - her daughter of the glen series is also a time-travel one and from the ones I have read (1-4) - books 1 and 4 are mostly in the past (but I'd have to double-check).

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Sam wrote: "I want to read a historical (medieval) book, not a modern day one. Is a substantial part of this book in the modern day or will it scratch my itch for a book in a medieval setting?"

Try to tame the highlander by Mrs Moning it is medieval the story is set in that time

Shirl This is defiently one of my all time favorite books. What a great read! The emotion was like a roller coaster never stopping. What a beautiful love story time travel. I would give it 10 stars if I could. Kept be memorized long after I finished reading the end. I hope the rest of this series is half as good. Great writting Karen!!! Loved it!!!

Bridgette Hagadorn Curtright I absolutely love all of Monings books, she's an amazing write, very imaginitive. Her Highlander series is one of my alltime favorite series

Marilyn Bridgette wrote: "I absolutely love all of Monings books, she's an amazing write, very imaginitive. Her Highlander series is one of my alltime favorite series"

I agree a 100% with you.

Marilyn More present time then back in the past.

message 11: by L.A. (new) - rated it 5 stars

L.A. Hilden I loved the book, but I write time travel and I love the genre. I agree with the ladies above, Monings Highlander series is great. I was sad when it ended and so I downloaded The Dark Highlander. :)

message 12: by Delaney (last edited May 08, 2013 10:02AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Delaney I have and LOVE this entire series. Best thrift shop buy ever. I found highlanders kiss at goodwill, and thought "why not?" and loved it, now I have this whole series, plus MacKayla's the Fever series! good stuff, but I wouldn't say it's historical in the sense that I think you are talking about. But one of my favorite series, I am actually rereading the whole thing now. On Immortal Highlander, with Adam!

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

Kiss of the Highlander (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Melissa Mayhue (other topics)