The Dangerous Lands discussion

Dark Lands > Road

Comments (showing 1-34 of 34) (34 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

♠️ TABI = 타비 ♠️ (Tabi_Card) The road the twists through the Dark Lands.

Sherlock's Secret Sister (Honeysun258) | 57 comments Alex, Jake and Sapphire walked the long, broad path leading them in the direction they were hoping to go in. Alex ran ahead and saw in the far distance a small city. She quickly ran back to the rest of the group and reported what she saw.

"Are you sure that's the Empty City?" Jake asked warily, remembering the last wrong city they entered.

"I'm pretty sure. And if its not, we can get some directions in that direction," Alex replied.

"Well what are we standing her for then?" Sapphire asked with excitement. "Let's go already!" She skipped ahead, with Jake quickly following. Alex just started walking and counted down.

"3...2...1..."

Sapphire stopped at the top of the hill and her expression immediately switch from delighted excitement, to disappointed sadness. "It's too far away though." Jake got to the top of the hill and slumped his shoulders, seeing how far away the city was.

"I figure a good five to ten days," Alex said, finally catching up to them. "You didn't really think that it would be that close, did you?" She laughed to herself and continued on the long road; Jake and Sapphire reluctantly followed, still sad that their feet would hurt for another week or more.

♠️ TABI = 타비 ♠️ (Tabi_Card) "Ah newcomers!" Verin said, standing up from where he had been sitting in the grass, "What brings such a group out here into these empty lands?"

Sherlock's Secret Sister (Honeysun258) | 57 comments Alex, Jake, and Sapphire all turned in the direction of the voice. Alex had her bow drawn and loaded, and Jake had his sword ready. Sapphire looked at the two and scoffed.

"Really? You're just going to look at someone and assume that they're and enemy? I don't see any weapons on him."

Jake loosened up just a bit, but still held his ground. "We never know what they might do, so Alex and I are always cautious."

Alex nodded her head in reply to Jake's answer and asked the man, "Who are you and what city is that over yonder in the distance?"

♠️ TABI = 타비 ♠️ (Tabi_Card) "I'm Verin," he replied with a small shrug, and then looked over at the city, "And that's just known as the Empty City. Nothing's there except ruins and creatures."

Sherlock's Secret Sister (Honeysun258) | 57 comments Alex smirked at her friends and shot a look at them as if to say, "I told you." Jake and Sapphire rolled their eyes at her and just shook their heads.

"About how long of a journey do you suppose it is from here to yonder?" Jake asked the man, sheathing his sword. "And why were you just sitting beside the road?"

♠️ TABI = 타비 ♠️ (Tabi_Card) "Why are you asking so many questions?" Verin laughed quietly, "You want to know how far it is, you find out yourselves if you're so interested. And as to why I'm sitting here, that is my own business that I suggest you stay out of."

Sherlock's Secret Sister (Honeysun258) | 57 comments Alex relaxed a little, put away her arrow and stated, "I like this guy." She turned on her heel and started walking towards the faraway city.

"Can he come with us?" Sapphire asked. "Please?"

"No," Alex replied curtly, not slowing down.

♠️ TABI = 타비 ♠️ (Tabi_Card) "Don't trouble yourselves there," Verin said, coming to fall in step with them, "I'm coming whether you want or not. The Empty City isn't a place to be in if you don't know where you're going."

Sherlock's Secret Sister (Honeysun258) | 57 comments Alex stopped dead in her tracks and swiftly walked towards Verin. "Listen you. I'm not just going to add another person to our group okay. You'll just slow us down anyway. I don't care if you're the nicest guy on the planet, if you come with us or even follow us, so help I will kill you in your sleep."

Sapphire looked at Alex and Verin and placed herself between the two of them. "He won't slow us down. If anyone will, it's gonna be me."

"She has a point there. She has been the one who made us take three months just to get this far," Jake put flatly.

♠️ TABI = 타비 ♠️ (Tabi_Card) "I'm not slow," Verin grinned dangerously.

Sherlock's Secret Sister (Honeysun258) | 57 comments Alex saw Verin's grin and asked, "How far and how fast can you run in ten miles? Twenty? Fifty?"

"Stop it Alex. Just let him come along. He won't be a dead weight," Sapphire put in. She looked Alex with her "puppy dog eyes" and stuck out her lip, trying to look cute and innocent.

Jake looked at Alex, then Sapphire, then put his gaze back on Alex. "It's your choice. I don't care what happens to him. I only want to get to the city soon."

♠️ TABI = 타비 ♠️ (Tabi_Card) "I'm betting faster than you," Verin said, knowing he was extremely fast in tiger form.

Sherlock's Secret Sister (Honeysun258) | 57 comments "I'd like to see you try," Alex responded with a snarl. She immediately tried to calm herself down, not wanting to blow her brother or her cover. But she knew that the guy would come, with or without an invitation. "Fine. You can come, but you had better not let me catch you lagging. I will kill you if you slow us down more. Make no mistake of that." She quickly turned on her heel and stormed off in the direction of the far away city.

Jake looked at the guy and just said, "Sisters," before running off towards Alex. "What's wrong? You're never this wound. Do you want me to give that guy a black eye?" Jake asked pounding his fist into his other hand.

"Jake, I know better than anyone. Have you seen him? You wouldn't be able to lay a finger on him without be nailed to the ground. Besides, I can fight my own battles. And one more person means A, one more mouth to feed, B, one more person to "look after", and C, one more person knowing," Alex replied, saying the last bit quieter and giving a little emphasis to it.

Sapphire looked at the newbie and stuck out her hand. "I'm Sapphire, in case you were wondering." She leaned closer to him and whispered, "I'm a mermaid." She quickly stood up tall and smiled a cheerful smile. "Don't worry about Alex. She's always like this," the girl said, flouncing up and down.

♠️ TABI = 타비 ♠️ (Tabi_Card) "A mermaid hmm?" Verin said, remembering his own run-in with a mer, "I know a few. And don't worry, she doesn't bother me."

Sherlock's Secret Sister (Honeysun258) | 57 comments Alex and Jake trudged on, well ahead of the other two, but Alex could still here their whispering. "Doesn't she get it?" she asked Jake. "We don't even know this guy and she's already telling him what species he is."

Jake just looked at Alex and replied, "That's just who she is and how she always will be. There's nothing you can do to change that."

"Really? Could you tell me their names? I might know them," Sapphire asked Verin.

♠️ TABI = 타비 ♠️ (Tabi_Card) "Amalia, and Darnious," Verin shrugged.

Sherlock's Secret Sister (Honeysun258) | 57 comments "Darnious? Oh, Darnious! I know him. He's one of my good friends. I don't know an Amalia though, but I might if I saw her," Sapphire replied. "How's he doing?"

Alex looked over her shoulder at Sapphire and Verin and scoffed. "Apparently, Sapphire has a friend that Verin knows and the two behind us seem to be having a good time," she told Jake quietly. "They look like such a cute couple don't you think?"

Jake looked behind for a second, turned back to Alex and gagged. "The two of them?"

Alex smirked and said, "Oh I don't know. They like each other and they probably would have feelings for each other too...if they were the last people alive and were blind."

♠️ TABI = 타비 ♠️ (Tabi_Card) "He seemed fine," Verin replied cautiously, "I didn't see him for long. And Amalia, you'd probably recognize her if you saw her."

Sherlock's Secret Sister (Honeysun258) | 57 comments "Oh, okay," Sapphire replied. "So what brings you to this part of the land? You seem more of a city guy."

Alex snickered at her comment and looked up at the sky. "It's getting pretty dark out. We might want to find a place to camp for the night soon."

"Maybe a we can find a tall tree or a high cave where we could sleep for the night. Someplace where it would be hard for someone to sneak up on us, you know," Jake suggested.

♠️ TABI = 타비 ♠️ (Tabi_Card) "City? Really?" Verin arched an eyebrow, "I've lived out here pretty much all my life."

Sherlock's Secret Sister (Honeysun258) | 57 comments "Really? Oh, well. I judged badly, course I also thought that Alex and Jake were...city folk as well, but they live out in the country," Sapphire replied, after receiving a stern look from Alex.

"...thought that Alex and Jake were," Alex swung her head around and glared daggers at Sapphire. "...city folk as well..." Alex relaxed a little and the glanced at Verin. "So, do you know of any mountains near here? Or any trees?"

Jake looked back at Sapphire and tried his hardest not to look scared. He glanced at Verin and then looked around at the scenery around the small group of travelers.

♠️ TABI = 타비 ♠️ (Tabi_Card) "Mountians are to the east of here, quite a ways away," Verin said, "And there's some forests scattered between here and there."

Sherlock's Secret Sister (Honeysun258) | 57 comments "Well I think we should go to the mountains and scout out a cave there where we could rest for the night," Alex replied veering off to the left.

Jake walked diagonally beside his sister, going to the left while calling behind him, "Hey Verin. Maybe when we get to the mountains you and Sapphire could go find us some food. Alex and I will work on finding firewood and water."

"That sounds fine with me. What about you Verin?" Sapphire asked.

♠️ TABI = 타비 ♠️ (Tabi_Card) "Weren't we going to the city?" Verin asked, gesturing towards the thin dark line on the horizon that was the Empty City.

Sherlock's Secret Sister (Honeysun258) | 57 comments ((Sorry it's been so long. I've had homework and soccer games/practice.))

"Well, yes, but it's getting late," Alex replied, gesturing to the darkening sky. "And staying out in the open, keeping watch in plain daylight on the side of a barren wasteland, where anyone could see and attack us from a mile away somehow doesn't sound like the best night to sleep...don't you think."

Jake cleared his throat and smirked at his sister's comment. "I agree, course I am your brother."

"I wouldn't mind either, as long as I get something to eat. I'm famished," Sapphire said holding her stomach at the last part.

♠️ TABI = 타비 ♠️ (Tabi_Card) ((skay lol I've had a lot of ballet rehearsals so i've been pretty swamped as well.))

"I've got some smoked meat in my pack," Verin offered.

Sherlock's Secret Sister (Honeysun258) | 57 comments ((Oh, ballet. Nice.))

"What kind of meat?" Sapphire asked hoping it wasn't fish. She had many friends that were fish so she couldn't bear the thought of possibly eating one of her friends.

"How much meat do you have? I presume it's only enough for a couple of days for one person so maybe one night for four...if you will allow us," Jake stated. "Even if it's not enough, we can always go hunting. I don't think it should be too hard to get a meal at this hour."

Alex nodded her head. "If you want the meat to yourself though, that's totally cool. Like Jake said, it shouldn't be too hard to find something. Finding water might be a tad trickier though."

♠️ TABI = 타비 ♠️ (Tabi_Card) ((Haha yeah my whole family is in it ;)))

"Beef," Verin smiled, "I don't think to assume to offer fish to a mer." He glanced up at the other people, "I've enough for myself for about a week, which means two days for all of you included."

Sherlock's Secret Sister (Honeysun258) | 57 comments "All right. So I guess we will have to go hunting tonight. What would you prefer to do, Verin? Hunt or gather supplies?" Alex asked the new addition to the group.

"Hey guys. Look up ahead!" Sapphire exclaimed. "I think that's a cave over there," she said pointing to a dark circle at the base of the mountain.

"Well, it's not too far. Let's go before it gets to dark," Jake said.

"I agree. And let's not be out too late hunting and gathering. We wouldn't want to be a vicious animal's late night snack," Alex said.

message 31: by Adri, Head Mod (new)

Adri (DreamerAdri) | 60 comments Mod
(Tabi is probably not going to respond. She is super busy with other stuff and switched me to head mod. We'll have to see,but please don't be too disappointed.)

Sherlock's Secret Sister (Honeysun258) | 57 comments ((It's all right. I just got on today since what, April?))

message 33: by Adri, Head Mod (new)

Adri (DreamerAdri) | 60 comments Mod
((think so. :) everyone's been super busy))

Sherlock's Secret Sister (Honeysun258) | 57 comments ((Yeah.))