Bodice Ripper Readers Anonymous discussion

Discussions and Questions > Kindle Romance Covers: Older Verses Newer?

Comments (showing 1-5 of 5) (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* (last edited Nov 20, 2012 04:07PM) (new)

Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* (ThePirateWench) | 834 comments Mod
I dont own a kindle but I have noticed with all the "re-printing" of the older BR/Romance books the covers are sometimes totally different. Does it bother you that the covers dont match the characters or that the layout/scenery is so different than the original? Are there any that they have used the original cover that you have downloaded? I would love to see your finds of the "oldie-covers" you can get on Kindle. The only one I have been able to get on my Kobo is Savage Ecstasy (Gray Eagle, #1) by Janelle Taylor

message 2: by Mermarie (new)

Mermarie (JadedlilFecker) | 950 comments Mod
I personally use Calibre to drag/drop the old cover into the file and send to my Kindle in the oldest/original version. There are so few with original covers.

Mermarie wrote: "I personally use Calibre to drag/drop the old cover into the file and send to my Kindle in the oldest/original version. There are so few with original covers."

Im not computer "savvy" when it comes to that kinda of stuff..but what a great idea,and if I knew how Id be doing the same. There is one free book on kobo by Marsha Canham right now..no book cover :( dont want even if it's free. Why do they do that? Big cost to them to put a cover on? you'd think it would sell more books.

message 4: by Mermarie (new)

Mermarie (JadedlilFecker) | 950 comments Mod
Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* wrote: "Mermarie wrote: "I personally use Calibre to drag/drop the old cover into the file and send to my Kindle in the oldest/original version. There are so few with original covers."

Im not computer "sa..."

If you ever need any help in regards to that Calibre program, let me know. I can walk you through it, or something. It's not as difficult as one may suspect, and I'm always willing to help, especially where old covers are concerned, because I cling to their oldsie covers too, and I refuse to conform to these terrible replacements!

In fact, you can send me whatever book you need with an old cover, in my e-mail, and I will do it for you, and return it.

Thanks III keep that in mind. I removed the Calibre program from my computer because I tried to use it to get other books/covers onto my Kobo and it wouldnt work..got fed up as Kobo dosent seem to take anything but it's own books ( they told me at Kobo help center it wont work with their app. There is a free book by Marsha Canham on there right now with no cover and I just wont download..hate no cover books:( Have had other issues with the damn thing as well,Im sure glad I hung onto my dead tree books *lovingly strokes a cover* :)