Team Edward ~ Team Jacob discussion

Why do you love Edward Cullen?

Comments (showing 1-3 of 3) (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Naoms (new)

Naoms (NaomsBookGeekDavis) This is not to start a controversy, lol. I honestly want to know!

I have a review blog and I am currently writing an opinion piece on men in love stories, especially Paranormal/Urban Fantasy/YA.I’d like to add in opinions, thoughts from fans.

I’d like opinions on why you love certain characters despite certain actions. For example, Edward sneaking into Bella’s bedroom to watch her sleep, before they were even really friends or a couple. Or, when he takes the battery out of her car so she can’t see Jacob. (Or for Jacob fans when he kisses her without her permission)

First, would you accept that from a real life boyfriend? If not, why do you accept it from Edward? Is it because he’s a character in a film/book? Is it, because the situation is unique?

I’d love your thoughts, feel free to drop a line in my ask box or just respond to this.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

There are many reason why I love him, and these quotes by him can explain it for you:

WEDDING SPEECH
It's an extraordinary thing to meet someone who you can bare your soul to and accept you for what you are. I've been waiting, for what seems like a very long time, to get beyond what I am. With Bella I feel like I can finally begin. So I'd like to propose a toast to my beautiful bride. No measure of time with you will be long enough. But let's start with forever.

Edward-- "Your trying to make everyone else happy. Your already giving away too much."
Bella-- Your wrong. It wasn't a choice between you and Jacob. It was between who I should be, and who I am. I've always felt out of step. Like literally stumbling through my life. I never felt normal. Because I'm not normal. I don't want to be. I've had to face death and loss and pain in your world, but I've also never felt stronger. It's(?) like being real, more myself, because it's my world too. It's where I belong."
Edward-- "So its not just about me?"
Bella-- "No." Laughs "Sorry. I've been a mess trying to figure this out, but I want to do it right. And I want to tie myself to you in every-way humanly possible."

Edward: I never thanked you for this extraordinary life. Bella: Nobody has ever loved anyone as much as I love you.

Edward: Last night was the best night of my existence

Edward: I'm not technically breaking any of his rules. He did say, I couldn't take a step inside the door. I came in through the window.He's not going to forgive me easily. Bella: I know. Edward: Can you? I hope you can because I honestly don't know how to live without you. - New Moon

Edward: Charlie, I realize that I’ve gone about this out of order. Traditionally, I should have asked you first. I mean no disrespect, but since Bella has already said yes and I don’t want to diminish her choice in the matter, instead of asking you for her hand, I’m asking for your blessing. We’re getting married, Charlie. I love her more than anything in the world, more than my own life, and – by some miracle – she loves me that way, too. Will you give us your blessing?

[last lines; Edward and Bella are back in their meadow]
Bella Swan: I wanna show you something.
Edward Cullen: What?
[Bella lifts her shield and shows Edward her thoughts and memories of their time together from the first time they met to everything that's happened to up to now]
Edward Cullen: How did you do that?
Bella Swan: I've been practicing. Now you know, nobody's ever loved anybody as I much as I love you.
Edward Cullen: There's one exception.
[Bella nods understanding that he feels the same for her and they kiss]
Edward Cullen: Can you show me again?
[Bella smiles]
Bella Swan: We got a lot of time.
Edward Cullen: Forever.
Bella Swan: Forever.
[Bella and Edward kiss and the movie ends with the final words from the novel being shown; 'And then we continued blissfully into this small but perfect piece of our forever.']

Bella Swan: Edward, I'm sorry.
Edward Cullen: I can't live without you.
Bella Swan: You won't. You're gonna have a part of me. He'll need you.
Edward Cullen: Do you honestly think that I could love it or even tolerate it if it killed you?
Bella Swan: It's not his fault. You have to accept what is.
Edward Cullen: [yells] Because you've given me no choice! Bella, we're supposed to be partners. Remember? But you decided this on your own. You've decided to leave me.
Bella Swan: Don't see it that way!
Edward Cullen: Well I have no other way to see it. 'Cause it's me who will lose you. And I don't choose that. I don't choose that.

Bella Swan: You really were holding back before. I'm never gonna get enough of this. We don't get tired, we don't have to rest, or catch our breath or eat. I mean, how are we gonna stop?
[Edward smiles]
Edward Cullen: Rosalie and Emmett were so bad, it took a solid decade before we could stand to be within five miles of them.
Bella Swan: I think we might be worse.
Edward Cullen: Definitely worse.
[they start kissing and making love again]

message 3: by Sophiee.†., forever... ~~~~<3 (new)

Sophiee.†. WaylandMellarkTallynCullen (BookLoversYeYe) | 1146 comments Mod
hey guys! long time no speak! how have you all been! please reply! missing you <3