RAWR! discussion

Prehistoric Animals today > Are They Still Among Us?

Comments (showing 1-6 of 6) (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dahlia( Prehistoric Nut), Prehistoric Nut (last edited Nov 19, 2012 11:34AM) (new)

Dahlia( Prehistoric Nut) (ILoveAnimals) | 46 comments Mod
Many sightings have been reported of Dinosaurs, many in Africa. Could the Lochness Monster be a Plesiosaur gone undetected for many years? Lets hear your opinion. Is it possible for Dinosaurs and long extinct mammals to still walk this Earth?

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

...I am going to be honest and say I believe the Loch Ness Monster exists. Though, there are things to consider about it being a Plesiosaur. For one, there would have to be more than one because of mating, and then eggs. I don't know what to think of thoses. Wouldn't that mean there would be more Loch Nesses if this were the case? If it's not a Plesiosaur, it could be asexual (mates by its self) and lays one egg at a time. Or maybe Pleiosaurs did this too. Nobody knows, and nobody will know until the beast shows its self. But it probably won't cause humans are stupid and don't know how to leave things alone once they discover something (the Titanic!!!!).

eh. that's just my opinion.

message 3: by Dahlia( Prehistoric Nut), Prehistoric Nut (new)

Agreed. I think marine creatures would have a higher chance of still being alive. We've explored the moon more than our own oceans. And in the last decades, 2 whales have been discovered. If something that large could go that long undiscovered, who knows what still exist?

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

*nods once, sharp* right.

message 5: by Dahlia( Prehistoric Nut), Prehistoric Nut (new)

I'm leaning slightly towards the belief that the Thyclaine, A.K.A. The Tasmanian Tiger, exists.

message 6: by Kendra (new)

Kendra (MadameJade) | 9 comments Kongamatos are seen in Kenya about once or twice a decade. They eat decaying human flesh, and if you show a native kenyan a picture of a pterodactyl, they'll say, "that's it," though odds are you won't be able to tell that they said that.
Once, a doctor from Kenya was talking to a school teacher from America and asked him, "why do your schools in America teach that they lived millions of years ago?"
The teacher replied, "'Cuz we're stupid."

www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsQIF7Yh3hI

It's pretty long, but the bit that I talked about should be about an hour and 15 minutes in.

A tribe on the Amazon river occasionally comes across a huge river monster. Show them a picture of a plesiosaur and they'll say, "that's close, but the scales are all wrong."

In Mesoamerica, I think it was in Peru, Archaeologists found pottery that had a creature that looked remarkably like a dinosaur drawn on it. The scales had little circles like leopard spots. Awhile after that we found some fossilized dinosaur skin with little circles in it.

About 15 years ago, there were 11,000 reported sightings of the Loch Ness Monster up to that point. Who knows how many that amounts to today.

Four out of five teen scuba divers were killed by a giant monster. The only survivor described it as a plesiosaur.

If anyone tells me that dinosaurs died out millions of years ago, I'll tell them, "there's one in the backyard."