Challenge: 50 Books discussion

A Novel Exchange - Closing Round

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Faye (last edited Feb 23, 2009 07:52PM) (new)

Faye | 673 comments Mod
I love getting stuff in the mail... I usually buy my books online and I love getting turned on to a great new author or genre. If you do, too, how about a book exchange?

Here's how it works:
- add a comment saying you're interested to this posting;
- then, send a private message referencing the novel exchange to the person that left the comment just previous to yours with your address (you can send messages from the person's profile page)
- the person you send your address to will send you a book by mail
- when you get a message with an address in it referencing this exchange, you mail that person a book.

Each person should end up getting and giving one previously read book only per comment they contribute.

A couple of rules - the book you send must be in English; something worth reading (you'd recommend it to a friend); it must be in good condition and it can't be from the erotica or "adult" section. Maybe no religious propaganda, either. If it's a book from a series, just send book 1. Don't send something you'd hate to receive.

Either fiction or non-fiction are okay.

The first person to post a message will get my book! When this post goes stagnant, I'll message the last person with my work address and kill this posting (if I can.)

Hope you get some inspiring reading material!

message 2: by Norma (new)

Norma | 31 comments Faye, this sounds so cool!

message 3: by Dawn (new)

Dawn rizzi (dawnie278) i am def interested

message 4: by Faye (new)

Faye | 673 comments Mod
Anyone else interested? If not, I get Dawn's book! :) Going once...

message 5: by Dawn (new)

Dawn rizzi (dawnie278) I AM NOT SURE IT WORKS THAT WAY. NORMA SENT ME A BOOK DON'T I OWE HER A BOOK?

message 6: by Faye (new)

Faye | 673 comments Mod
Nope, I sent a book to Norma. It's a circle. Cheers.

message 7: by Dawn (new)

Dawn rizzi (dawnie278) OH OK. LET ME GO STUDY YOUR TBR LIST AND SEE IF I HAVE ANYTHING ON IT FOR YOU. IF NOT WHAT ARE YOU IN THE MOOD FOR?

message 8: by Kate (new)

Kate (kateksh) | 741 comments May I join you? Getting something to read in the mail is a GREAT treat!! Have you all heard of swaptree.com? That's where I usually trade books. I'm sure I have something to swap hanging around here, though . . .

message 9: by Anastasia (new)

Anastasia (anastasia13) I'm totally interested! Now do I send a book to DAWN? Because I've got a ton I'm sure she'll be interested in.

message 10: by Faye (new)

Faye | 673 comments Mod
Cool. Okay!

Dawn, DO NOT SEND ME A BOOK... send your book to Kate.

Kate, you'll need to send your full name and address to Dawn. You also need to send your book to Anastasia.

Anastatsia, you'll need to send your full name and address to Kate. When the next person signs up, then you'll have to send them a book. If no one else signs up, I'll send you my full name and address in a week or so.

Enjoy your new books!

message 11: by Dawn (new)

Dawn rizzi (dawnie278) OK KATE SEND ME YOUR ADDRESS AND IF YOU DON'T MIND WHAT TYPE OF BOOKS YOU LIKE SO I CAN PICK YOU SOMETHING GOOD.

message 12: by Faye (new)

Faye | 673 comments Mod
Hi Everyone that participated in our exchange.

I hope you had fun and enjoyed your book. I know I had a tough time picking the right book to send to Norma!

I guess it's time to close this exchange off. No one has expressed an interest in couple months. Anastasia, I'll send you my address soon.

Thanks to all of you for taking a chance.

Cheers!

message 13: by Dawn (new)

Dawn rizzi (dawnie278) I LOVED I WOULD DO IT AGAIN.

message 14: by Kate (new)

Kate (kateksh) | 741 comments Anastasia -- I just found your book -- addressed, stamped and ready to go -- IN MY HUSBAND'S CAR!!! Will mail Saturday morning; my apologies (it's something on your list -- hope you enjoy!)

message 15: by Kate (new)

Kate (kateksh) | 741 comments I would do it again -- will not give envelope to husband to mail -

message 16: by Anastasia (new)

Anastasia (anastasia13) Oh thanks Kate! I'm excited to receive your book!

message 17: by Anastasia (new)

Anastasia (anastasia13) wait!

Would you mind sending it to a different address? I'm moving out of my dorm Monday and won't be at that address anymore to receive packages.

I'll send you a message to your Goodreads inbox with the new address.

Thanks again!