A Stolen Life A Stolen Life discussion

What a story

Comments (showing 1-11 of 11) (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Corinne I just finished reading this book and all I can say is I admire her strength but had a hard time to stomach her story. Very descriptive and in my mind graphic, I could picture while I was reading what was being done and said to her. This was a personal story and was to much for me to handle. To be able to complete the book I had to skim through it to be able to see how everything turned out.
Sorry but this was not a book for me or that I could recommend to anyone.

Tracy I think this was a very good story. As you mention it is certainly not for everyone. I personally didn't think it was very graphic at all. I would recommend this book to most of my friends. I think how someone would react to the book all depends on how sheltered you have been in your life.

Franknannie I admire her for being so honest in telling her story. She did a beautiful job with this book. What happened to her is very sad and tragic, but her spirit remains intact.....she is very strong.

Jackie I wanted to read her story to find out how she and her girls survived this horrible time. Jaycee came out of this a very strong woman. I'm very proud of her to tell her story to the world.

Lori I read this book and was amazed by how Jaycee survived all those years with those horrid people. I wish the very best for her. she was very honest about what she went through.

Janet C-B I read this book at least 1 year ago. It is still fresh in my mind. It was an honest account of the author's horrific experience and her ability to overcome adversity. What I appreciated most was that Jaycee opted to tell the story in her own words. That made it far more credible. Jaycee has made lemonade out of lemons, very bitter lemons. I admire her strength and character.

Anne Marie personnally, I didn't get much out of it. I don't know what I really expected, but it was disappointing to me.

Jenn I think she writes amazingly well, especially for someone who didn't go to school after being abducted at age 11. Yes, there are a few things that were a little rough about the book, but it's clear that she was born to be a writer through all of that adversity. As an average American woman, I find her to be a genuine role model for her strength, tenacity, and open honesty with her experiences as a victim and a mother.

Colleen Stitch the only good thing that came out of this horrible experience is her girls. yes it is sad they werent concieved out of love, but they will be forever loved by jaycee and her family. the future is all that matters. i admire her courage for moving on after being told for several years that the world was dangerous and that people were evil,when the only danger and evil that exsisted were her captors! the book was well written and im glad the world knows the truth about what she endured.

Tracey Janet wrote: "I read this book at least 1 year ago. It is still fresh in my mind. It was an honest account of the author's horrific experience and her ability to overcome adversity. What I appreciated most was t..."

This is exactly how I feel. You said it perfectly.

Nikki This book as truly heartbreaking yet amazing at the same time. Jaycee's writing was exactly what she thought, went through and did......I'm still in awe of the positive thinking and true strength she had through it all, truly a must read for ANYONE I believe.